UPATE, JUST MISSED OUT ON ONE: Toy Box Inc. 1970's Glow in the dark space sword

Congrats! Now you just need the shield, don´t you? ;)
Thank you ;)
Nah.... The shield was never in my possession as a child and I only wanted the sword to relive those golden memories :)

I'm super happy for you!!! I was casually looking for it and for you! Haha, these are rare for sure! So glad you got one!! Merry Christmas :p
Thanks Emma... I appreciate you keeping and eye out :)
Merry Christmas to you as well!

No problem, I told ya I'd keep an eye out for you.

Looks like the card is open in a way you can remove the sword, have you done so just to hold the actual toy in your hands?

No problem, I told ya I'd keep an eye out for you.

Looks like the card is open in a way you can remove the sword, have you done so just to hold the actual toy in your hands?

Sadly the two pieces that hold the sword to the card were ripped. So the sword doesn't hold in the card anymore. They didn't shrink wrap this toy and two cardboard pieces popped out of the back to hold the sword. I'm sure the kid who received this back in 1977 just ripped the cardboard to get to the sword. So I will use the card for a backdrop and just use some wire to hold the sword in place and maybe float a little in space. I just need to see how thick of a shadow of I can find.

We should just be thankful the cardboard still exists for it. So many toys from when we were kids lost the boxes and those are sometimes worth more than the toy.

If anyone sees one of these Space Swords for sale please let me know, with our without the cardboard. Wish I never got rid of mine as a kid during a garage sale. I had many incredible experiences with one of these. Our house was haunted so I used to keep one by my bedside for protection. Currently writing a book about the house and would love to have one of these again and put in my collection of items. Please message me if anyone sees one for sale. Thank you. -Chris

If anyone sees one of these Space Swords for sale please let me know, with our without the cardboard. Wish I never got rid of mine as a kid during a garage sale. I had many incredible experiences with one of these. Our house was haunted so I used to keep one by my bedside for protection. Currently writing a book about the house and would love to have one of these again and put in my collection of items. Please message me if anyone sees one for sale. Thank you. -Chris
Just keep an eye out on ebay. Search for "Vintage Glow in the dark toy sword", "Toy Box Inc. Glow toy sword", "!970's glow in the dark toy sword". After I couldn't find one for years, I finally got mine and then the flood gates opened. I started seeing them left and right popping up. I almost bought a second one because the prices had dropped. I suggest just keeping an eye out weekly and I am sure one will pop up.

Ebay also has a pretty useful feature I only recently discovered. If you log-in and do a specific search, you can then click a green text-button that says, "Follow This Search" (see image below). Ebay will then send you an email once a day if that item shows up for auction.

ebay Follow This Search.jpg

I saw two of these in one auction pop up for sale. I will PM you the details. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back