UPATE, JUST MISSED OUT ON ONE: Toy Box Inc. 1970's Glow in the dark space sword

Re: IDENTIFIED THIS, HELP ME FIND ONE: Toy Box Inc. 1970's Glow in the dark space swo

A few more months and still no luck :(

Re: IDENTIFIED THIS, HELP ME FIND ONE: Toy Box Inc. 1970's Glow in the dark space swo

Well I just noticed this thread passed the 4 year mark. :lol
Can you believe I still have not scored one of these? Every time they pop up for sale I miss them. Usually I find them after they end, and only by a few days. :(

Guess it is not meant to be.

Wow! Another year gone by and over that period I did occasionally find out I missed this toy listed a couple times on eBay. I am always a week late to the party when I finally see it.
Well this past week one came up for auction and it was NOS and still on the display card. I was not going to miss bidding on this!!!!
image.jpg
So two minutes before the end it was at $40 with two bids. At one minute left I put $152.75 and watched the countdown begin..... :)
5....4...3...2...1.... "Sorry you lose". At one second it jumped to $154.00! :(
Now what? I wait another five years? Damn!

Damn man that sucks. I hope you didn't break anything while flipping the table. That sword seems to just troll you all the time. Well good luck on the next hunt.

I'd be willing to bet that same listing pops back up in the next day or so. Someone was probably shill bidding.
Maybe, or there was someone out there that really wanted it more than me :lol

Damn man that sucks. I hope you didn't break anything while flipping the table. That sword seems to just troll you all the time. Well good luck on the next hunt.
Thanks! Yes that sword keeps eluding me :(
My favorite childhood toy and I will never seem to get my hands on another.

I can see The Emperor in his Deathstar II Chair, one of these at his side. He strokes it..."You want this don't you?"
What's maddening to me is knowing how many thousands there are rotting in landfills.
Maybe your patience will be rewarded and you'll score a "Space Shield" to go along with it.

I can see The Emperor in his Deathstar II Chair, one of these at his side. He strokes it..."You want this don't you?"
What's maddening to me is knowing how many thousands there are rotting in landfills.
Maybe your patience will be rewarded and you'll score a "Space Shield" to go along with it.

I get that way whenever i hear about someone throwing out an old game system instead of selling it. A kid at the bestbuy recycling area saved a rare nintendo from being crushed, it was in super good shape and worth a few hundred bucks and would have been demolished.

Haha! I see that too. :lol

Dropshipbob has alerted me to one available on eBay right now and I can't afford it at the moment :(
Ughh! 5 years of searching and the wife would kill me for spending the money, lol!

Between vet bills for our cat with cancer, plane flights home a couple times since my mother found out she has cancer and had surgeries, and the need to buy Christmas presents, I just can't drop $100 on a toy with a clear conscience :(

Hopefully it stays available until after the holidays.
If anyone locates one that is cheaper, please let me know here.

So the wife asked what I would really like for Christmas?? ;)

the sword is in the mail and on the way here now. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 long years have drawn to a close.

Glad to hear you finally got the thing after all this time. i have a super nintendo game like that, i can't really justify what people want for it just because it was badly advertised and not many units sold making it rare.

Glad to hear you finally got the thing after all this time. i have a super nintendo game like that, i can't really justify what people want for it just because it was badly advertised and not many units sold making it rare.

Lol.... First I thought you meat ET, then I realized you wrote Super Nintendo. :lol
What game is it and why is it so rare? Do a lot of game cartridges go up in value?

Yeah some of them do, it was Earthbound for the snes. It was badly advertised and was amazingly expensive for a game at the time so many didn't get sold. Sadly most people are parting out vintage games now so you end up paying a ton to get one complete. You can get ET for like 10.00 or less lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back