UPATE, JUST MISSED OUT ON ONE: Toy Box Inc. 1970's Glow in the dark space sword

Re: Trying to Identify a Star Wars Toy

Yup,

I had one of these too....

It was an awesome toy. I think mine may be in storage somewhere.

Hmmmmm....

Found mine! One side of the blade is embossed "Toy Box Inc. Made in USA" (how many toys can say that now), and the other side has "Space Sword."

I think my decal is in surprisingly good shape, all things considered.

spacesword001.jpg

spacesword002.jpg

Found mine! One side of the blade is embossed "Toy Box Inc. Made in USA" (how many toys can say that now), and the other side has "Space Sword."

spacesword001.jpg

spacesword002.jpg

Sweet!!! I loved that toy :)
I can remember my Grandparents picking me up after Kindergarden and taking me to Kmart and buying that for me. Out of all the toys they ever bought, that was my all time favorite. I am glad to see some people still held on to theirs.

Holy cow! this thing must have been a VERY popular item because I too had one. Alas, there is zero chance mine is still around. One of my favorite lightsaber toys, and I had many.

Am I the only one who reserved this one for playing Thundar the Barbarian?

Re: Toy Box Inc. 1970's Glow in the dark space sword

I went to a Catholic grade school and for some event at the church we had to pick a Saint or someone to dress as. I brought the sword and shield and went as the Archangel Michael (since thats my name)

WOW!! What a blast from the past!! I had one and loved it! I remember letting it set for 10-15 mins under one of the end table lamps in our livingroom, then running back to my bedroom, closing the door and turning off the light and starting the "Vuummm! Veruuuumm!" sound effects as I swung it around.

Ah, youth!

-B89! :D

spacesword001.jpg

spacesword002.jpg

What a great toy :) found a couple on eBay that were in really poor condition, so I passed on them and still keep searching. :)

Ugh!!! This thread shows I have been searching for this toy for two years now.
Anyone come across these anywhere?

EDIT: it looks like this July, it will be THREE YEARS that I have been searching :lol

Last edited:
Re: STILL SEARCHING FOR Toy Box Inc. 1970's Glow in the dark space sword

Ha- I had one of these too back in the day. My first lightsaber.

Ugh!!! This thread shows I have been searching for this toy for two years now.
Anyone come across these anywhere?

EDIT: it looks like this July, it will be THREE YEARS that I have been searching :lol

I was wondering if you won the one in that auction I linked you too. I take it from your post that you were not succesfull?

No, I had put a high price since I wasn't going to be around at the end, and someone outbid me :(

Oh dam dude, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Man, still looking for this.... 4 years later.
I always just miss them on eBay. One ended in December in near mint condition for $6.00 plus shipping :(

I had a few people here offer to sell one that they had but they were barely holding together. I am looking to get one in the best condition I can.

Anyone have any leads?

Re: IDENTIFIED THIS, HELP ME FIND ONE: Toy Box Inc. 1970's Glow in the dark space swo

Any help locating this would be highly appreciated.

Re: IDENTIFIED THIS, HELP ME FIND ONE: Toy Box Inc. 1970's Glow in the dark space swo

:( this keeps eluding me

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back