Gone Wookie - Torment's Tarfful - full suit pics on page 4

Re: Gone Wookie - Torment's Tarfful

Very cool thread, and to think I had thought "gone Wookie" meant an end to um...you know, man grooming:lol

Well being Italian I gave up on man-scaping a long time ago. No point to it, it just keeps growing back. But thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it big time.

As for my progress so far. I just about finished the master for the shoulder. I just have to do all the finishing work and clean up and Ill be ready to cast me up a set. I will say I know why no one has built these things before. Its a real pain in the ass. But I have been enjoying it all the way. Even if I dont have any skin left on my fingers. Well here is the last pic I will post up until after casting. Gotta order some more silicone for this. It will be cast in four parts, Then assembled after wards. Wish me luck!

downsize15.jpg

Small update for those who are following this. Head kit came in today. I will have to reinforce it with fiberglass, the resin does not like heat at all and got super soft. It warped a bit when I got it this morning. I guess the post off ice does not use AC'ed trucks. Small set back, but nothing that cant be done in a few days. The face is nice and over all the head looks huge. It should be perfect. Ill get started on this in a little bit.

downsize16.jpg

As for the armor bits, I painted and weathered the armor and started to do the bandolier. Should have something to really show off in a week or so, but here is what its looking like

downsize17.jpg

The main straps are three different straps laced together and glued. They were detailed using an awl. The center belt straps were detailed the same way and have had nothing done to them yet. Waiting on the ammo boxes to come in. Once I have those, the bandolier will be finished of really easy. Once the main body is assembled, Ill do the dye and aging work on the belt. Should be awesome looking.

Well that's all for now. Next step is casting the shoulders and getting those assembled.

Sorry about the delay on this thread, but money does sometimes get in the way, but I have made some awesome progress.

First off the toes....

downsize18.jpg

A friend of mine made the toes out of clay then casted them in laytex. They are reversable so one set works for both feet. Which is nice because less work. I then sculpted nails out of magic sculpt and cast those as well. I have some clean up work to do on them, but very little. I will paint these to match the brown/black looking nails seen on the hands. Ill add some scuffs and things for details even though most likely no one will ever look, but I will so it has to be there.

The bell....

This is the first one I did. It is friggin huge to say the least. But I went to scale mostly so it kinda had to be. Weight may be an issue, so I will have to come up with some internal supports to make sure the belt does not slip and slide off of me. I have a few ideas I am gonna run with once I am all done with it. Ill let you know when I do final assembly. It may be a bit since I tore a mold pulling a piece out, but they only took a few hours to assemble. Clean up is this weekend! Looking forward to seeing this painted up and weathered.

photo1.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

sorry about fuzzy pics, it was late and I was tired when I took them. But getting closer. Ill post pics with a fully completed bandolier when I am done assembling it.

Thanks so much for the compliments! Very much appreciated. I cant wait to see it all together fully done.

For adding the extra height to yourself, you might check out drywall stilts. Could save you some time...

I am building a static stilt. I know so many wookies hype the stilts, but I think they look rediculous with the short arms. Minimum stilt height is 14 inches. I am looking for 12 inches max. That puts me at 7'1 just at head height. Add the 4 inches of the head pluss to with hair Ill be at 7'6 7'7 Anything more than that I think will start to look awkward. Add to that Kingma is only 6'9 so Im really only a few inches off of real height. I met him in person So I think im close to where i should be at. I can live witha few inches

Hey Jason how ya been!!!!! this looks great and knowing the attention to detail you put in to your projects I cannot wait to see how it turns out!

Anyway I saw this comment
I am building a static stilt. I know so many wookies hype the stilts, but I think they look rediculous with the short arms....

And thought of this...

Video
Steampunk Hand in Motion by ~aternox on deviantART

Walkthru on the build ... only about $50/hand !
Steampunk Hand in Walkthrough by ~aternox on deviantART

Pretty cool! huh!
Anyway watching and waiting... and before you ask nope I have not touched my RC... I keep finding other non-SW costumes to work on, but I did do a little more research on the HUD thing... I definitely think it's doable now, just gotta find the time, place, money, gumption...

Sam

Sam that seriously is the tutorial I have been looking for!!!!!!

I had something of that in mind anyway since I think my arms will look about 7 inches to short. I think this is going to be a really great idea. Since I would be covering my robo hands with a laytex glove anyway, this could really be a great way around this!!

Fantastic work there my friend!
That armour is awesome, really neat job!
Can't wait for the next update now!

Ok all the leather is assembled on the main belt. The armor was loosely fitted just to get an idea of an over all look.

The next step is to add the muscles to this suit. For the shoulders I will use a base of football pads then work up from there. The chest will have 1 inch foam pads shaped like pecks. The back will have deltoids the run from the traps down the spine. Those will be two inches and also made of green foam. That will be wrapped in a spandex covering to retain shape and will be set to lock down to the pads. After that thighs will be padded out and so will my forearms. I made a concession to go a bit taller and extend my arms using puppet hands. For all intents and purposes, the hands will work. I should be able to pick things up and use them to drink. However I am not sure how much delicate work I will be able to do. I am using a design I found for some steam punk costumes but modifying (improving) it somewhat, Ill have to create a laytex hand to go over the mech hands. I have the main body of the hands done. i'll post pics once I have all the parts of that and it somewhat assembled. But wanted to get this out there for the time being.

downsize18-3.jpg

here is the first painted bell. It is nearly done. i have a bit more weathering to do, but Its assembled and mostly there. The belt is being dyed tomorrow, then I have to do the strapping of the ammo boxes.

Here are a few pics....

DSC06161.jpg

To give it a size comparison shot, here it is next to my clone bell.

DSC06163.jpg

Thanks I am very happy with it. I know it has flaws and such on it. Its not perfectly symetrical and I am sure I could have made some details a bit sharper or pronounced, but I made the masters using nothing but a dremmel and a palm sander. The ocasional pair of scissors made its way into the process too. I built it all on my porch. I probably should have also curved the pieces when I made the masters, but I made them flat and curved the resin. Im not sure If everything is done perfectly right, but I chalk it up to big hairy cretures did this armor by hand and it shouldn't be assemebled perfect or built perfect. Its those imperfections that make it unique and a bit real to me.

As a side note, I found my girl friend wearing it as a bodice yesterday. It nearly wraps her left to right. I may pull a set just for her to wear as a costume.

Nothing major to post, got a new skull to work with since the first one was all warped from heat stroke. I made the eyes bigger and allowed room for the ears. I also removed a bit from the lower rear of the head to allow my noggin to get in a bit easier. Then I started to paint the teeth. I have seen some of the awesome denture work out there, so I know this will pale in comparison, but I think for a paintbrush the gums and teeth came out ok. Kinda like the all banana diet Kong was on. Either or here are the teeth. Ill show the full skull this weekend when its all assembled and padded to fit right.

0920102235.jpg

here are some of the tarfful beads that I modeled and am getting made in resin. they look great! they're here in the black onyx resin for now.

tarfull.jpg

Awesome thread mate!

I'm also looking into doing this character myself. Do you have any plans to offer the armor in kit form?

actually yes. its up for grabs right now in the junk yard. you can shop it if you like. whole set or by pieces. im working on one more piece and ill have all the different belted armor bits.

Also working on the forearm shield.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back