Gone Wookie - Torment's Tarfful - full suit pics on page 4

Torment

Well I have decided to go big. Really big. All 7'6 of him. I have started the preliminary stuff like research already. I have even started to get a few kits. I have Duck's skull and face kit on the way and I have some gorilla hands on the way as well. For the suit I will be doing all the latch work with my GirlFriend who has sworn to me she knows what she is doing...(pray she is telling the truth). On the thinking board is the stilts. I need about 12 inches under my feet. I am thinking about doing a steal based welded set up. Ill get into that a bit later when I approach that step. For now, however I am working on the armor bits. I just finished working on the chest and the belt buckle. I know its not a million percent accurate, but I think its pretty good. I will be casting these parts so I can have the back pieces. The next part for me to tackle will be the shoulder bells. Well I am off to think tank those. If you know anyone who has made them alaready, that would be a great relief to me. But if not, I am more than capable of making something. Just more time added to the build.

Well here are the first pics of what I have done. I will update as I do more.

Enjoy..

0705101731.jpg

downsize.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Gone Wookie - Torment's Tarfull

I just ordered mold material and will be casting these parts up. If anyone in interested, I will be making copies of these parts. I will also be making the shoulders soon. I will be copying that as well.

Thanks much appreciated. I have to wait to get paid again so I can go out and buy a hide of leather. I figure a 4oz leather should be fine. one hide should be more than good enough. If it turns out good I may assemble a few of these and sell them off to wookies looking to either do Tafull or the Cheif Wookie. I also have a few other project I just finished building so casting time is apon me.

I just took up close pics of Tarfull at the Space and Rocket Center two weeks ago if you need any. Cant wait to see what you do!

That would be awesome! I have just about every refereance pic out there for this. The real problem is just not seeing it in person. YET. Plus I have to scale a few things to me size. Kingma and I are about a foot different and about 90 pounds. Add to that he also wore an intense muscle suit under it.

I have some foot ball pads and some other ideas to go off of as I will not wear a full muscle suit under this thing. I wore a Chewie for like 3 hours and I was sweating like no ones business. I will however be as true the the character as I can. Gotta wait for my next pay check to get some leather and build the harness part. Then add the goodies. But shoulders are first.

I wore a Chewie for like 3 hours and I was sweating like no ones business.

If memory serves, the wookiees in Ep 3 all wore cool suits underneath; speaking of which, am wondering if anyone here happens to have any behind-the-scenes pics of these. Am dealing w/ a similar suit situation myself, and am curious how Lucasland dealt w/ it.

BTW, good luck w/ the suit construction! :thumbsup

Here's one of Merumeru (Axel Dench)!
ins9.jpg

More of the same! Linked from wookieegunners archive on the Rebel Legion!
Hairless_Wookiee_Mask_on_Muscle_Suit.jpg

Muscle_Suit_Half_Covered.jpg

Link to the whole album Browse Album :: Gallery

Think its hugely important to the costume to make the shoulders as proportionate as possible, otherwise the head will look way too big!

If memory serves, the wookiees in Ep 3 all wore cool suits underneath; speaking of which, am wondering if anyone here happens to have any behind-the-scenes pics of these. Am dealing w/ a similar suit situation myself, and am curious how Lucasland dealt w/ it.

BTW, good luck w/ the suit construction! :thumbsup

I saw some printed photos that a certain Wookiee's wife shared with me that showed the hoses running through a cool full of ice, then back through the suit.

Scott

U making your own mask?

No. Where I am great at doing finishing work, sculpting is really not my thing. I tried it a few times with no real luck. However I did land one of Duck's heads. Looking forward to getting that in my hands. The skull kit looks awesome and the face mech looks awesome when wired up

Think its hugely important to the costume to make the shoulders as proportionate as possible, otherwise the head will look way too big!

Im going to use middle school footbal shoulder pads to bulk me up a bit more. Should add about 3 more inches to my shoulders. Since I wont be wearing a huge muscle suit with pounds of padding I have to make due in some places. I will be adding to my thighs to give them a bit more girth. Im already at 27 inches. But I intend to beef them up to 34. Should give them a really nice mucsle line. I will also be padding my biceps to fit in with the shoulders. I will leave out the forearms as I think the padding will go relatively unnoticed in that area.

I saw some printed photos that a certain Wookiee's wife shared with me that showed the hoses running through a cool full of ice, then back through the suit.

Scott

That would be cool to have seen. But I know that there is no way I can afford to do this suit with a cool suit. I will just have to make due with the fans I have decided to install. I have two or three planned for the face and I think one in each of the arms under the shoulders. Though im not sure if that will do anything yet.

Well a small but significant update. I got my mold silicone and some resin today. One mold was a flop sad to say. I just didn't mix it well enough. The other was a success. So I started to copy it already. So far I have made 3 buckles. I have to make at least one more. I am trading with another wookie parts so I don't have to make the ammo boxes. It picked up just about every detail and there is very little sanding to do. I will clean the edges up before anything.

I don't know how many buckles I will get out of this mold, but if anyone is interested, please let me know and I can make some for people.

Here is what I got.

In the mold and resin poured.

downsize10.jpg

And here are the first two pulls.

downsize11.jpg

I will be re doing the chest mold tomorrow. I should have just enough left to redo that piece and I will try pulling a set sometime in the evening. I am very excited to see how this all comes out. Once I have my set and Wookiegunners pulled, I will get started on the shoulders.

I know. But I have yet to see a completed Tarfull anywhere yet. I normally dont mind buying parts if available. Having to make everything because nothing is available just yet is tough. I am so not looking to making and casting the shoulder bells.

If anyone knows of anyone who has built one fully, please tell me. I would love to chew that persons ear for awhile about a few things.

We have one in Florida now. It really is the most amazing one I have ever seen. This guy is up on stilts and it looks amazing! all hand built using a pvc skeleton and foam sheeting to build the muscles.

Another small update the mold for the chest piece is done and I got my first pull. I ran out of resin till monday, but the piece came out perfect. I must have done something right cause I have about 30 seconds of clean up on these before they are ready to paint. But my next endeavor is the shoulder bells. I think the masters for them are going to be part leather and part plastic. That should give me nice varying textures on the molds. My only question is should i mold and cast them flat then heat and bend. or mold and cast with the bends in the shoulders ahead of time? well thats what this week is for.

downsize12.jpg

Spent a few hours working on this mock up. The size is damn near perfect. Shape too. It took a few tries, but I think I got all the major details. Now its off to the copier to photo copy all the parts a few dozen times for all the templates then, transfer to the plastic for trim and body work. Once I get this one done, I will mold and cast. I am not sure if this will be a single mold or four different molds. Either way if I sell these, I will have to assemble them before they go out. In the end, I think they are gonna look awesome. Heck just the fact that everything lines up on paper makes me have good feeling that it till be close in the physical prop.

downsize13.jpg

Re: Gone Wookie - Torment's Tarfful

Started the master for this today. Should be done with it some time tomorrow. Then i will do the shaping and finish work on it this weekend.

downsize14.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back