Bandai NCC-1701 vs. Polar Light NCC-1701

Yorpheus

I see Bandai's kit is a pre-paint, but it lights up nicely once completed. The detail doesn't look like it's as nice as the Polar Lights kit. Also, I think Bandai's kit is smaller in scale, haven't checked for sure though.

Just wondering if anyone has both or has seen both?

Which one is better?

Different scale.. yeah, you could say that. The PL is... oh, I dunno. About two feet longer than the Bandai kit. The Bandai are nice little display pieces, but they're rather small. The PL is a Man's Kit.

Originally posted by Bryancd@May 27 2005, 02:59 AM
LOL. Ahh, yeah, the PL kit is.....well it's 3 feet long. I have a build-up going over here:
http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=87291
Now I also have my little Bandai, which is about 11 inches long but beautiful and had great lighting and is fun to make. For a fun project, pick up a Bandai, for a project that will make you feel inferior, PL baby.
[snapback]997201[/snapback]​

ditto B)

The Bandai kit can be heavily modded, though. If you're looking for something that's going to be gorgeous right out of the box, the Bandai has amazing detail for such a small kit.

The bandai kits pylons are prone to droop :( but I liked the Enterprise E, NX-01, and Voyager they did. I was only disappointed with the refit.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back