My Tron Legacy Costume Attempt

Now, Soulinertia, are those photos you attached her the suit you have made already with the HEX print underbody suit???

I haven't constructed anything yet. Still in the very early stages. The reference shots I posted are just from the stills and billboard ads of the real suit used in the movie.

The EL set-up I have in the works should last about 2hrs. I'm trying to stay below 100sq inches of EL per 12v battery. There is a trade off between how bright to make them and how long they will last.

Last edited:
I haven't constructed anything yet. Still in the very early stages. The reference shots I posted are just from the stills and billboard ads of the real suit used in the movie.

Ahhhh I see cuz I was like WOW! how did you get your hexagon pattern onto the fabric like that ;)

~A

interesting
we had an idea to use reflective tape and pipe EL wire next to it
which may work thought im not sure. i really want to try it cause then if the batteries die you can still have the same effect from the reflective tape with a flash

Yes that is exactly what I want to do on my Quorra suit. Back my El sheet, wire or Tape, not sure what I am using yet, with reflective tape because that with the ligths in photos could look very dramatic!

~A

oooo backing the sheet with reflective tape
that might work

theres another experiment i want to try now

and about the power too

what other batteries can you run them off of Soul
arnt 12vs kind of big, or is it just like a group of AAs

oooo backing the sheet with reflective tape
that might work

theres another experiment i want to try now

and about the power too

what other batteries can you run them off of Soul
arnt 12vs kind of big, or is it just like a group of AAs

What kind of reflective tape are you gonna be using? I know prismatic tape is brighter than the engineer grade reflective tape (I think that is the glass microbeads). And of the prismatic tapes, SOLAS tape is supposed to be the brightest of all of them yet it is not supposed to reflect at as wide an angle. I have ordered some SOLAS and I'm still waiting for it to be shipped. I'll let you know how well it works in an application like this when I get it

Last edited:
Luckily the character I want to create doesn't have many lights. I just need better reference shots of his action figure or of the arms and legs of any other character.

hello all. I'm brand new here and found this lovely thread from Google. I too am trying to make a Tron Legacy costume for I and my wife. Thank you all for the great info so far. I had two questions:

Are there any additional photos of Quorra and that deceptive skirt she wears?

Will anyone be posting patterns for the body armor?

Thanks!

Welcome acargile. Have you seen this one?

37532_148509285163942_100000146132369_477501_2220845_n.jpg

O please do Aron
im actually hopping we can find it in sheets rather then tape form

Glad I found this forum I am also going to be making these for myself and my girlfriend.

I have been looking at the EL fabric also. here are some of the links I have found in my research that may be of help or give some ideas. Also in cluded is a link for BMX suits. Recall that this new movie is huge on the light cycle scenes. The suits look very much like something a motocross person might wear for light flexible protection. I did see an earlier post that someone had figured out how to make the rubber portions of the suit. I would be interested in a repeat of that info. Though I'll likely go mostly with the motocross gear I will need to supplement with additional rubber to tie it all together. As far as the power supplies go for these suits it seems to me that they run off of several packs rather then just one. The boots for instance have small packs on teh back of each of them or so it appears. Any how, good luck to everyone. Lets keep this going I am very excited to make these in time for my Las Vegas Halloween :)

Electroluminescent sheets, tapes and EL inverters

Mold Making and Casting Materials Silicone Rubber, Urethane Rubber, Liquid Plastic, Casting Resin, Lifecasting, Epoxy Resin, Rigid and Flexible Foam from Smooth-On

BMX upper body armor: choose a BMX chest protector, pressure suit and more.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back