My Tron Legacy Costume Attempt

Some of the hexagons are molded into the armor (look at the chest in the picture of Quorra), and some of the hexagons are printed on spandex (look at the arms in the picture). Since the chest piece doesn't need to stretch much, they molded the hexagons into it.

i know it may seem like in that photo it is raised hexagons but it is not the entire suit is printed i have done massave reserce in to this costume as i have been commisioned ot make one once the film is out on dvd and i can get better photos

because of what i do like i said i spend lots of time doing indepth reserch on how costumes are made here are some links that talk about how teh suit was made step by stem and also a youtube video showing them putting teh costume on

i hope thay help

Tron Lightsuit VFX - Tron: Legacy Costumes - Popular Mechanics

YouTube - TRON: LEGACY - Innovative Design

I'm glad to see this thread going still!!!! The main costume on this thread is great!! I've also done my own, although it has some issues. I can't wait to see how people keep improving on what has been done!! I also made an instructable. Check it out!
http://www.instructables.com/id/Sam-Flynn-Suit-from-TRON-Legacy/

Sam-Flynn-Suit-from-TRON-Legacy.jpg
Here is mine:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Sam-Flynn-Suit-from-TRON-Legacy/

based on the way the light reacts to the hex print in the Quorra pic. i'd say that the chest piece has a raised hex pattern and everything else is just a flat hex print.

nice work on the suit Tifetup ^.^

sorry that the picture quality is not the best but here is some photos of a hexagon print i made for my room mate the hexagons have a larger black center than normal as that is what he wanted i am making a new file with the correct size center now but i wanted to post it any way

the costume is die-sub printed on white spandex and is lated out on my generic superhero full face templet so that way he can sew it up and cut it as needed i believe he plans on leaving the face mask on it so he can put a helmet on. the hexagons are a tiny bit under .5 inches and the distance between 2 of them end to end are 1 inch

i will be posting photos once he gives me the money to have the full size print made and it is sew i hope you all enjoy

0301111550.jpg

0301111551.jpg

0301111552.jpg

Hey peeps! First post here...
Anyways, I see what Jpfx is saying about the print being 2D, but I honestly think the hexagons are textured. I own a Tron wiimote, and it's made to look like the costume. The hexagon print on it is textured.

The chest pattern is noticeably different than the one on her arms. Compare it to the top of her arm where it's not stretched, it really does seem raised. But it seems only the chest part is textured that way.

here is a WIP of the tron legacy gamer helmet that my room mate is making and asked me to post for him he will be putting the finishing touches on the sculpt soon and he wants to do teh clear visor in clear vack formed plastic

you can follow the build of teh helmet and mu die sup spandex more on my company face book at www.facebook.com/jesterfx

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

Yes Quorra and I believe Sam's top chest area of their costumes have the 3D raised HEX print. Quorra's shoulder area seems to only be 2D.

I would love to obtain the 3D HEX material myself. I only have the 2D Soulinertia made and sold to me.

jpfx that helmet is awesome, what was the base for it another helmet or was it built from scratch? Also was that polymer clay used for sculpting?

Last edited:
my room mate started a helmet that he made teh shape put of card board than was going to have me slap some bondo on and sand and sculpt and i laughed at him not for the ide but because of teh time involved and may other projects going on

so believe it or not that white helmet is a speed racer helmet for kids from the live action movie it was teh perfect shape he gutted it all and than i gave him some chivant nsp medium to sculpt the rest in and we just used a dremal to cut out the holes

as you can tell the helmet got a little banged up when cutting the holse so me and him are going to touch that up as soon as we can and than add a few more small details and mold it

he also if you can see in the picture just had the hexigan spandex printed and is going to be having that sewn up asap i did a full body hexagon on my spiderman costume templet that way peopel can cut it to fit any costume needed and i can keep the cost felly sewn up and ready to fit any tron costume for cheap

also i am stoked because the movie comes out on dvd in a week and i am hoping that i can get great photos to stat my costume sculpt and i also just became friends with one of the guys who helped do the lights in all of the costumes so he said once i start my costume build he will come to my studio and help me run all the lighting properly like they did in the film :)

i talked to him last night about prices and he has a ball park idea of what he would like for them i know he does want to do fiberglass becaue it will be stronger to add any lights and visors to

but on another not on my end i do have 1 copy of my tron hexagon spandex i want to get rid of for half price it will be brand new never used fully sewn costume i am offering it as a first come first serve i want to have a new one printed to photograph so this helps me out and it allows one luck person to save a few hundred $ it will look identical to the ones i have posted only the black cente rin the hexagon will be a little bigger like in the film

either email me at jesterfx@ymail.com or on my company face book at www.facebook.com/jesterfx i am bad with pm so if you message me on here i may not get it in time lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back