Star Trek: Enterprise PADD

-E-

I recently got this Enterprise PADD kit (static/no lights) from SurferGeek and I was able to put it together pretty quick today.

Here's the kit I got ...

a4c5ad98.jpg

And here it is all finished up (I used Duplicolor Silver/T299). I was able to find a medical image I liked and used that instead of the one provided.

CIMG2851.jpg

CIMG2853.jpg

Are these kits still available? I have one of these padds sitting around in a box!

Great job by the way!

WOW! That was quick Erik. Looks great!

As for the availability of the kits? No longer offered as far as I know. It originally came from Matt Munson at least 3-4 years ago. Not sure what he did with the guts from this unit but that's the way I got it.

You can probably build one yourself if you found the materials. Thats what I did. I used a CL 5000 Cabin Light Box, 2 3M Bumpons, printed graphics, and 1/4 rounds made by Plastistruct. First, I took the light box, and took it apart. Then I wired up a push button onto the main light board. The push button would be glued to one of the bumpons. The bumpon would act like a power button. After installing the pushbutton to the bumpon and closing the thing up, masked up the appropriate areas and painted the whole thing Duplicolor Silver. I also painted the 1/4 inch rounds. I then glued the rounds to the back of the PADD. The graphics came next. I used small sticky tapes squares to secure the graphic to the light panel. Then, I put the last bumpon on next to the one with the pushbutton. That's it. Unfortunately, the specific light box is very hard to find. I just got lucky on ebay.

I know, just now chiming in? Anywho, looks great! I love your build. It has inspired me to finally start my own. May I ask what paint you used and how long the half rounds are on the back?

Thanks! The ribs on the back are 4 1/4" and 5 1/2". Paint used was plain ole Duplicolor Silver.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back