32" Millenium Falcon V.2

Hi Marko,

Unfortunatly no, I stopped after I ran out of 0.5 mm styrene, I'm waiting until I need more styrene from other thickness before going to the shop ! I also need to pick-up my Entex Porsche which I did loan to a friend !

IMO this thread needs to be bumped as I see more and more questions on the forum about what an accurate 32" studio scale Millenium Falcon replica would even look like.

Well, here you go folks! Want to know what that miniature really looked like under all of that paint? Julien's build is just one excellent example that has been posted to this forum over the years. His is also most certainly one of the best, again, IMO.

And if you want your cockpit to look like the actual filming model, rather than the one you got along with your kit, then you might want to consider politely asking Julien what donor kits he used for his, because his cockpit has actually been thoroughly researched, carefully and lovingly recreated and is exceptionally accurate!

Don't really care how accurate your model is or what anyone here thinks about it? Prefer the look of the full-size cockpit set to the miniature version? Well that's all fine too, obviously. It's your model, so build it however you want. This is a hobby, and it's supposed to be fun, right?

Just be skeptical, though, when anyone tells you that his model or any other model is "99-percent accurate". Because unless he's kicking it like Julien and some of the other experienced researchers, scratchbuilders, and super-talented builders here, who have been building replicas of these models the same way the originals were built, there's simply no way his model is going to be anything close to 99-percent accurate.

Again, all IMO.

I'm in awe...
Just went through the all thread and I cried a bit as it was so beautiful.
Just a newbie question. Why not black styrene for the paneling? Hard to find in France?
I'll try to be happy with my Deag. ;)

Thanks guys

I'm in awe...
Just went through the all thread and I cried a bit as it was so beautiful.
Just a newbie question. Why not black styrene for the paneling? Hard to find in France?
I'll try to be happy with my Deag. ;)

This is a good question :)
The truth is that I bought 0.75mm black styrene shorts back in 2010. But I used them before I went back on the Falcon. Never found large sheets of 0.75mm styrene (unlike all the other thickness, 0.5 ; 1 ; 1.5 ; 2 ; 3 mm). When I get back to the Falcon i have not been able to find any 0.75 black styrene sheets on eBay (where I use to get that thickness) (worlwide search).

That's annoying to replicate the dremel damages, but I guess I'll use black paint it a black pen... That should do the trick !

I was sure of something like this.
If you're living in or close to Paris, have you tried Weber Metaux au 9 Rue de Poitou, 75003 Paris?
They have all plastic base materials on the last floor. And they had huge styrene sheets available in my time and black as well if I remember fine.
Just in case for your next projects. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was sure of something like this.
If you're living in or close to Paris, have you tried Weber Metaux au 9 Rue de Poitou, 75003 Paris?
They have all plastic base materials on the last floor. And they had huge styrene sheets available in my time and black as well if I remember fine.
Just in case for your next projects. ;)

Thanks, yes this is the place where I buy my large styrene sheets, however they don't supply 0.3 and 0.75mm styrene sheet :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dave !

I thought I was close to the end but actually those last details are the most time consuming... and you don't get huge progress (like a hull taking shape) that give the motivation to continue :p

Still a ton of tiny details to make, some fixes to do etc...

Since the previous update last year I did a huge improvement on the hull shape/proportion, getting more space between the leading edges of the saucer, same regarding the rear engine flaps. The space between the hull plating edges have been enlarged by a bit more than 1 mm and the space between the flaps by almost 3mm !
Basically I had to deconstruct most of the hull, remove a lot of the details and rebuild everything !

Hey Julien!

Someone mentioned you should have the nude pin-up in the cockpit. I don't know which issue of Playboy she came out of but here she is!
978.JPG981.JPG982.JPG

Maybe someone can identify her.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back