Joker bank heist mask.

JDarko

Hi, thought I'd stick this up for you guys to have a nosey at, probably 20 hours in sculpting, I used WED clay and moulded with shore 30 RTV silicone with a fiberglass mother mould, then cast in polyester resin, fillite and matting. This one is quite heavy as I made sure to fill in the nose and ears as much as I could, it being the master and all that. I rushed this a little, and was paid off with air bubbles, my first one which was sans matting, was brittle, but smmmmmmmmmooth! needless to say that one didnt last too long, before I accidentaly chucked it on the floor.
Popped them up on my blog and will post links as I cant remember for the life of me how to post actual pics on here. My poor brain lol. I'm currently out of work, as I lost my temper with my boss after constant name calling, so I've had time on my hands to clear off my work area and get things completed. Life is all swings and roundabouts! i have the molds and will be making as many as I can once I've picked up more catalyst. Just a little out of the way to pick up and they're not open on the weekend. Boo hiss. oh well. Enjoy!

DSC01164.JPG

DSC01168.JPG

DSC01163.JPG

and my blogspot address, if you stop by, say Hi!

J Darko

There is also my lord of the rings witch king helmet on there that I will post on here once i've worked out how. :lol

Take care,

Johnny

Last edited by a moderator:
bump....anyone, 65 views and not one comment. anything, even if its negative. Its the first thing I've ever put up on here that I'm proud of. Just wanted someones critiquing.
Thanks
Johnny.

Sorry to hear about your job. It's not screen accurate but it's better than the one I've done. :lol It could use a bit of weathering though. Too clean for my taste. Overall, it's actually pretty good for your first bank heist mask.

P.S Use

,Chris

awesome, thanks guys. Yeah, I know its still a way off, but it certainly beats the cr*p out of the nobles one.: lol And thanks for sortings the pics. i knew it was something simple but my poor brain decided not to keep the information lol. I originally started sculpting this on a manequin head wiith a decidedly lopsided head and couldn't for the life of get it to balance out and be symmetrical. Had to eventually cut it off the head and continue to work on it, it was sooooo wonky.:lol
P.s apologies for the gigantic photos, they fit fine on my blog.
Take care

Johnny.
P.s waiting on a hockey puck from my sister to further weather it with black scuff marks.

Last edited:
i think you should go back andtry to smooth it out some more with bobdo and some sanding, looks a little too bumpy and bubble holes, like you said. Looks pretty good though, great as a display piece.

I like it! If I had a joker costume, I would definitely buy your mask. It looks like the bank mask to me, It might not be 100% exactly like the one in the movie but I really like your take on the mask better.

cheers guys, yeah the next ones will definitely be smoother, but not too smooth, as the original is not. But yeah, was a little slack and just reaaaaalllly wanted to see it painted up, if I get some catalyst this week i'll bang a really purty smooth one out, much more pit free and post it up. Thanks for the kind words. :)

Take care

Johnny x

aww, thanks Mr K, i got loads from the film, if you have anything other than that i would greatly appreciate! It wasn't on display when the others were, so if you have anything, just holler, as I said it would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup

Thanks all, you guys rock!

Johnny

Great job so far cant wait to see the finished piece.

aww, thanks Mr K, i got loads from the film, if you have anything other than that i would greatly appreciate! It wasn't on display when the others were, so if you have anything, just holler, as I said it would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup

Thanks all, you guys rock!

Johnny

thanks again guys, it really means a lot. i absolutely adore this site and find a great amount of info and inspiration on here. As I said, if anybody has any none movie pics, feel free to throw them up. It is bumpy mainly because of A) I was sick of looking at it unpainted, B) ran out of sanding disks and c) had a few little weak points in the mold. I'd not noticed them on the first pull as I painted a few thin layers of resin in and let dry before I put mat down, the first therefore was much smoother. This one I just dolloped it in and the weight of the resin caused a few little bulges. oh well. the next pull will be better. My new mantra..... lol

sorry, still waiting on get a speight of time off, been away from home and my sister hasn't managed to find one of her hockey pucks so will be using some black rubber matting. Will hopefully get a chance to pull a few more this weekend and then I'll be able to have a few to weather up and practice with. Will holler as soon as I've got em pulled and photo'd!

Cheers
Johnny

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back