Second Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver

Sorry not been on here for a while due to the birth of our son (no he's not called Doctor) wonderfully filling our lives :) However thought I'd stop by here in between nappies to see if anyone has been following ebay recently re the sale of 2nd Dr Sonics?

2 were up for auction in as many weeks & gone for big money too. Some serious collectors are out there.

So, spill the beans. Anyone here lucky enough to bag one?

Hello, hope you are enjoying your little break lol. Were there? Nice! I take a look from time, though I have the DEC replica it never hurts to keep an eye out for the real thing. :) Guess I just missed the auctions then, congrats to those that did not!

Last edited:
Cheers Skippy!

Rest? What rest haven't read a paper in ages. Only saw the auctions as it pinged on my notifications. One went for over £300 another for £100! Some collectors with serious money are now out there! Too much for me & obviously my money is being spent wisely elsewhere. Ooh if I found one now would I keep it or sell it? Think of all the baby things I could buy :)

I don't really know much about this stuff but saw it on a site called Tardis Builders; I'm not a member there but thought you guys might like to see it. I bought it from ebay and it looks like the screwdriver thing in this thread. it has 'EVER READY' written on the clip.

Peace

Andy

Pen light torch.jpg

Wow, bargain! I have been after one for years & always look on ebay, plus local car boot. When did it come up? Must update my eBay feed :( Looks like it's all in working order!

Few of days ago. I was looking for something else entirely. I have zero interest in Dr Who.
Wow, that’s such a great piece you were able to get your hands on! (And for £5, too?! Most of the Everready penlights I see on eBay have bids starting at £10 - often escalating to 10x that amount or more.) I’m curious how you stumbled across this, or what made you buy it if you have no interest in Dr Who as you say?

Wow, that’s such a great piece you were able to get your hands on! (And for £5, too?! Most of the Everready penlights I see on eBay have bids starting at £10 - often escalating to 10x that amount or more.) I’m curious how you stumbled across this, or what made you buy it if you have no interest in Dr Who as you say?

I was looking for a different Ever Ready Torch and this came up in my search. As mentioned it doesn't interest me but a little checking revealed what it was. Whilst Dr Who doesn't interest me a friend of mine likes this stuff so with a buy it now price of £4.50 (plus £1.65 postage) it wasn't a difficult purchase; once those buy it nows are gone they're gone so I bought it and gave it to my friend.

Anyone have any updates on finding any more of these?

I had a VERY passable, but still not exact penlight that I found in an antique shop after MONTHS of searching, and for years it sat undisturbed on my shelf until my room-mates decided to do some "spring cleaning" and disposed of it thinking it was a non-functional pen.

Needless to say, I was pretty pissed about it, having to start my search all over again...

I may end up having to obtain the DE replica if nothing else comes up, though at $125 the price is a bit high for what youre getting.

Guess in the meantime I'll have to settle for something half-assed from a hardware store for my next upcoming con... :(

Last few days of our holiday have been a bit of a washout. Rain all the way. Today I decided to have a mooch around the indoor antique market... and look what I found! Finally nabbed one after all these years. It even works too. What a great holiday after all! :) IMG_20180819_195615.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a closeupIMG_20180819_195831.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

...and with light on :) IMG_20180819_195851.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180819_195615.jpg
    IMG_20180819_195615.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Great find Morelock. Thanks for sharing.
Interesting to see that it says Eveready on the clip - I didn't know that.

Also, JunkSabers, I can recommend the DE version even at that price. I had a fault with the clip and he went to great expense to ship a replacement overseas to me.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back