Studio Scale TIE Fighter

I know guys the wait is terrible! I think it will be well worth it though!

Ive been in consult with the folks at POLYTEK and have determined I demolded to early. Apparently with the cold spell that came in this weekend caused the resin to not cure..go into a dormaint state. Once heated the curing finished and now Im in buisness!!

This summer the shop stays at about 80-90 degrees so it wont be a problem. Got another test run going the huge pot pressured up to 90 psi. Some casters believe 30 to 40 psi is enough but Ive found at altitude (Denver) 80 to 90 psi does the trick.

Heres a shot of the unpainted wing hub...
50894767.jpg

Check out the pic of the HUGE pressure pot! 4.5 ft tall and 20" wide! Had it custom made! Binks wanted $3500 for a smaller version... had this one done near $1600 bones it is certified by a prof pressure vessel maker so no worries of it exploding! Ok maybe a little worry but Ive been told it will hold 250 PSI easy.
50894779.jpg

So if you have any Mold making or casting needs dont hesitate in asking! I have 1 each 2.5 gallon, 5 gallon and the huge 80 gallon pressure pots to make bubble free castings of all sizes! I also have a vaccume chamber and pump that can degass RTV to 28" of mercury to make sure a bubble free and strong mold end product.

Hope to have wing pics for you in the morning! Wish me luck!

Steve

Hi Steve

I just saw that you are thanking me but you should also thank my friend Patrice Jacques (he is my right arm in all of the big movies ). He is the one that perfected the technique of the matrix mold .Keep on the good work .....Talk to you soon .

Ron

Thanks Guys! your all to kind.

Were in buisness!!! I got the first Wing pull today and man it kicks serious bootay'

Not one bubble and the detail is super super crisp! Looks like tempeture is the key... It cant be cold and use a slow set resin. Goes into hibernation until a little heat is introduced.

Here are some pics straight from the mold untrimmed..hardley any flashing..

50971419.jpg

50971363.jpg

50971352.jpg

If you want to know more about the project please shoot me a email! sneisen641@comcast.net

Hey all,

Just wanted to report that I will be away till the 6th of June on Military duty out of State. I will start back on the TIE when I return!

Take care

Steve

Good question Jeeves. I've not had a reply from Steve since my post above.
It's a real shame that he does such great work but is so difficult to get a hold of.
icon_frown.gif

Chris.

Hey guys wow.. Ive been missed. No need to get tempers going. Ive been away for a couple weeks taking care of my real job.

I am still here I have answered all that have emailed (I think) I cannot access this site from work for security reasons. If you need to talk to me please email me sneisen@comcast.net

I am working as fast as one man can. Chris.. shoot me a email.. I responded to your last one a few weeks ago but havent heard back. Im not going anywhere folks.. nor do I hide. I just have the whole "War on Terror" thing pop up from time to time I have to deal with and its hard to make contact with everyone.. need to learn how to do that group email thingy. Anyone help I use outlook.

Hope that puts some uncertainty to rest. Look forward in hearing from you all.

Steve

Hey guys,

Well, this thread's been around for a VERY long time (long before our sales rules were changed last year... ). Suffice to say, it's time this gets up to speed in that regard.

I've split off and stored quite a few posts. (sorry if anything seems disjointed because of that)

In short, let's keep this thread about the model itself and keep all run discussion to private contact.

Additionally, check out the reminder in the main forum about "i got mine" posts:
http://rpf.prop-planet.com/viewtopic.php?topic=70620&forum=1

or the related FAQ entry here:
http://rpf.prop-planet.com/viewtopic.php?topic=56612&forum=7

Thanks for reading
The RPF Staff

Hey steve...try this it migh thelp out with the mass emailing

Create a personal distribution list
On the File menu, point to New, and then click Distribution List.

In the Name box, type a name.
The distribution list is saved in your Contacts folder by the name you give it.

Click Select Members. In the Show names from the list, click the address book that contains the e-mail addresses you want in your distribution list.

In the Type name or select from list box, type a name you want to include. In the list below, select the name, and then click Add. How to select multiple items.

If you want to add a longer description of the distribution list, click the Notes tab, and then type the text.

Click Save and Close.

Hope that helps
icon_wink.gif

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back