EFNY Snake Plissken camo trousers

There was a comment right before the one about the Plissken Skins that seems to have vanished. The poster had mentioned a company who had duplicated the pattern, but I can't recall the name or locate the post. A little help, please?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Where has my post gone too, looks like a moderator has decided to delete my post for no reason

- - - Updated - - -

The company I used was Clifton concepts, excellent product that arrived and was spot on accurate, including the front pockets and removal of the rear pockets

Where has my post gone too, looks like a moderator has decided to delete my post for no reason

- - - Updated - - -

The company I used was Clifton concepts, excellent product that arrived and was spot on accurate, including the front pockets and removal of the rear pockets
Thanks, kittkarr!!

GRUDDAMNIT! I wish I'd checked this thread again before I bite the bullet and ordered a budget pair of "urban camo" pants early in the week :(

Could we get a link? Some pictures? Price? The only Clifton Concepts I could find was a guy that does shoe design.

I sent Macleod an email and as predicted, haven't heard anything back.

As for the pattern, I've replicated it in Illustrator so I have a vector of it. I also did an alternate version that is in similar colors as Multicam Black, and it looks pretty sweet. If possible, I'd love to have a screen accurate pair of pants, and also a whole set of Fatigues in the "black" variation I made. If anyone has someone who can make this happen - the dye sublimation to fabric, then tailoring of the clothing, I'd be more than happy to provide the vectors of the patterns. I'd really love to get this rolling, the pants are by far the hardest part of this outfit to get. It's legitimately easier to build a real, firing replica of Snake's gun than it is to find these pants.

b7f5sBN.jpg

Last edited:
It's not Clifton Concepts, it's Clifton Clothing

"Bruton Custom Chino Trousers" -> customise to pick the camo pattern & add/remove pockets.

Cost is looks to be US$140 for up to 10 pairs, and then the price drops to US$76 for 10+. I was thinking about an Interest thread for 10 pairs, but I've not contacted CC yet to see if they'll do mixed sizes ...

Last edited:

"Bruton Custom Chino Trousers" -> customise to pick the camo pattern & add/remove pockets.

Cost is looks to be US$140 for up to 10 pairs, and then the price drops to US$76 for 10+. I was thinking about an Interest thread for 10 pairs, but I've not contacted CC yet to see if they'll do mixed sizes ...
Says the page you are looking for could nit be found. [emoji53]

Fantastic! Thank you!

Now if we could just see some pictures of the pattern and pants...

I stalked their IG and Twitter and they don't seem to have a photo of them, unless I missed it.

Last edited:
Now if we could just see some pictures of the pattern and pants....

If I've read it correctly, looks like kittkarr ordered from them [or maybe Clifton concepts ... ]. Why not msg him/her direct and ask for pics to be posted here?

Quick update, just got an email back from Clifton Clothing, I initially asked them for pictures of their product, and they gave me a quote of $136 for the pants + $41 shipping to the US. Significantly more than Macleod and who knows how accurate these are since we haven't seen any pictures. For nearly $200 they need to be very close to spot on. I emailed them back asking about the delete of the hip pockets, and again if I can see an actual sample of the fabric with the pattern and/or a finished pair of pants as they only sent me this;

QVxjJ

BvvEu59.png

Looking at the colors they use, I think they might actually be too dark which I don't necessarily have a big issue with but I don't know. The base color of the pattern, from my understanding and research, was a very light gray - nearly white.
QVxjJ

They did however send me a spread sheet of what sizes I want, so that means we could potentially do a group order of mixed sized, which is good news.

EDIT:

Honestly I'm nearly at the point where I kind of want to just make them myself. I have some experience sewing and my sister is a seamstress in her spare time. I'm going to be getting some dye sublimation quotes from local places, and see if I can get this printed on 4-way stretch ripstop or 12oz Heavyweight Denim or something.

Another thing I've been thinking about is doing an updated version of Snake's pants. The hidden cell phone pocket on the Macleod version got me thinking...I have this fantastic pair of Motorcycle pants by UglyBros that has these removable hidden knee pad armor like this. Not only are they fantastic for riding, maintenance, but they also come in handy for shooting (I'm a firearms instructor). I'll often find myself taking a knee or kneeling to retrieve magazines or shoot from concealment/cover, etc. I know Snake's boots have the knee pad, but I feel like having a knee pad built into your pants has much more utility.

Maybe I'm barking up my own tree here, as I would like these pants to be functional in addition to looking the part, but does that sort of thing pique anyone else's interest?

EDIT EDIT: Clifton replied, they sent a picture!

uSFCzSL.jpg

I think they look pretty good. Still pricey though, and as per the diagram, belt loops are too high.

Last edited:
Nice work re following up with CC.
Re hidden cellphone [/etc] pockets - easier to use one of the belt pouches IMO.

hi guys, sorry been away for a while, and only got back yesterday from new york of all places,

the fabric colour on hessikins quote is a little wrong, they also got those colours from the mcloud pics but i grabbed pics fom the movie and sent with the others and they came back with different colour in the end which much closer to the original colour41972C7B-50D9-404F-A26E-D09D3296D723.pngE96E4514-8B72-4A1A-9829-802D3164D4E6.png9D7659C4-E5D1-4299-BE5A-E3B61CD23D44.png

i kept the hip pockets, removed the back pockets, had the belt loops made bigger to fit a combat belt in as the belt holding the items is not actually looped the the holders in the movie and just put around the waist which is why in some pics the belt is angled downward on one side
IMG_7994 (2).JPGthis is mine testing out the boots which is only one pic i have at the moment

Attachments

• trousers 1.jpg
    trousers 1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 858
  • trousers 2.jpg
    trousers 2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
hi guys, sorry been away for a while, and only got back yesterday from new york of all places,

the fabric colour on hessikins quote is a little wrong, they also got those colours from the mcloud pics but i grabbed pics fom the movie and sent with the others and they came back with different colour in the end which much closer to the original colour
View attachment 807068View attachment 807067
i kept the hip pockets, removed the back pockets, had the belt loops made bigger to fit a combat belt in as the belt holding the items is not actually looped the the holders in the movie and just put around the waist which is why in some pics the belt is angled downward on one side
View attachment 807071this is mine testing out the boots which is only one pic i have at the moment
Those look fantastic! I think when I can afford a pair, I'll be following your lead.

Does anyone by chance, know what fabric the originals were made from? All the replicas I've seen always seem to have a bit of a bag to them, whereas Russell's always seemed skintight. When I adapted a pair of unique grey camos back in the mid '80s, they had to be taken in along the inseam to make them more form-fitting.

the fabric colour on hessikins quote is a little wrong, they also got those colours from the mcloud pics but i grabbed pics fom the movie and sent with the others and they came back with different colour in the end which much closer to the original colourView attachment 807146View attachment 807144View attachment 807145

View attachment 807071this is mine testing out the boots which is only one pic i have at the moment

Thank you for posting these! They actually do look pretty good!

Hey, everyone.
I must be late to this shindig, but I am desperate to get a pair of Snake's camo trousers made.

I've asked Clifton clothing if they could remove any extra pockets other than the front ones and the belt loops + make the front button not visible. But they refused to do it?... was a huge letdown.
Now, everywhere I try, every cosplay tailor has turned me down because the camo is deemed "to difficult/not doable".
Even despite that I gave plenty of references and even drew up my own screen-accurate interpretation of the camo by watching the film frame-by-frame... I am one for extreme accuracy.
:(

Would anyone happen to be willing to sell a pair of those MacLeod Plissken camos?
I've tried multiple times to contact the seller, but for months now -- no response...

My waist size is 28"- 30".

I would humbly appreciate any help!..

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back