EFNY Snake Plissken camo trousers

Doing a Plissken costume is a dream of mine. But, I doubt I'll ever be in good enough shape to pull of that shirt. Halloween of 2000 I remember wearing a pair of urban BDUs, custom boots, a black shirt with the sleeves cut off, and an eyepatch. No one knew what I was supposed to be.

I applaud the research. Any one else like popping in the soundtrack and going for a ride late at night after a rainstorm?

MFP 2020, those Hi-Points look great...my buddy and I use to wonder why those weren't used in EFNY, since the custom boots in the film echo so many of the features of the Hi-Points. I used to think that they at least used the metal shinplate from the Hi-Points, but even that was custom-made...by the same lady who made all the metal Starfleet insignias, Klingon badges, and Vulcan jewelry for the Star Trek features (2-4).

The pants made up from the fabric are great, certainly the best replicas I've seen so far. Have you any plans on having a pair made with the fabric you have?

Yeah, I definitely want to make 1 or 2 pair from the material I have, with possibly enough left over for my lady to make a skirt...just waiting to get the waistline down a bit. BTW, that pic was taken in downtown St. Louis at the very alley where Cabbie picks up Snake. We found a lot of the exact filming locations...it's all chronicled over at the Snake Plissken forums.

Art
'Jon8712'

Sorry for butting in, but I think the "real" story is that jacket. We, in the film jacket community anyway, havent found a vendor that could make this jacket look like the way it was on screen. Magnoli does an ok job (pattern looks good and everything) but the overall "look" just isnt there. I thought about asking Tony Nowak (of the Indy Jacket fame) to replicate this jacket in his Surrogates leather (distressed heavily) but never did. MAybe too late now..anyway, I always thought Snake had one of the coolest costumes out there.

Well, all I know is that I found out Ox Baker is going to a convention near me next year. So, that means Im sold on making a Snake costume. Thanks in part to this thread:)

So how's this coming?

What are the colors involved? In some photos there is a bluish tone to the pants. Any agreement there?

The latest word from me is that financial considerations have put a halt to my costuming activities for now.

In related news, there's currently an auction running for a beautiful pair of Hi-Point shin plates. Search "hi point shin plates."

MFP 2020,

I am truly sorry to hear about your troubles. I think we're ALL feeling the crunch now. You wouldn't want to sell some of your Plissken goodies off to make ends meet, would you? ;)

And thanks for the heads up on the shin plates!

Spylocke

Nice. Now if I only knew how the heck to order from them. Translation isn't the best. (though I'm starting to understand it better)

Last edited:
The pattern looks good. Anybody translate that page and price?

I just realized how low the belt loops are on Snakes pants. They must have been a custom job.

1997b.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back