Show us your Star Trek costume

Fun thread!!

Heres one of my uniforms:
28371_417257011084_505596084_525318.jpg

Before I got cool holsters for stuff lol.

dasdasda.jpg

and a custom FC uniform; excuse the rubies commbadge...

I also have the TNG Mid series admiral uniform with the V stripe, an Indonesian TWOK uniform, which doesn't look that good... and TOS and New movie Command uniforms. Those are all for trek.

Can't wait to see more costumes!!

Using a UVA/UVB treatment booth for a transporter prop very cool idea.

Eveningarwen looks great :lol Copyrights huh sounds like a bunch of corporate jerks. I see a great outfit thats fan based and if a person wants to add a few things could look like a trekkie you should make these in yellow,red,green. amd sell the hell out of them. theres no logo on them. its like batman if theres a logo its warners None its a superhero suit just saying:)

So I'm a huge Trekkie and costumer and I literally was in my workroom with nothing to do while watching some TNG and all of a sudden I thought "I wonder if one could make a TNG styled corset?"

(at the time I was focusing on learning how to and creating corsets, as before my main talent was victorian era costumes and costumes for musicals)

This was literally a sort of silly random thing that I created but I really enjoyed making it and it was fun to have something Trekkie but a bit different. While I know that this isn't a replica costume I thought I'd add it in still since it's my Trek costume.

I like to think that if there was an extreme "alternate universe" TNG costume it would be these for the girls hehehe.

The only images I have at Vasquez Rocks are the ones without the official Star Trek accessories unfortunately.

blue4.jpg

Last edited:
I thought that looked familiar. Nice work, Arwen. :)

I came across this image when looking for reference pics for uniforms for my wife and me:
star-trek-corsets_1426010i.jpg

Here is a quick one we threw together last year at the CCEE for my son. He was super excited to meet Data I have since added the undershirt and peps...

35925_130940696927577_100000349422959_249569_3303957_n.jpg

Nice! do you have a closeup of the fabric? I can't quite tell if it has the symbols on there. If so - where did you get the fabric?

Here are some closeups:

DSC02610.jpg

DSC02615.jpg

DSC02614.jpg

I did the printing with the help of a friend. I have not been able to master the original printing method used for the production, so we went with this method. The fabric was printed on a wide format UV printer. The design isn't perfect but I was happy with it. :)

Here's the link to my process thread over at the Starfleet 1701st:
Uhura/Female Short Sleeve Pattern in ST09 (Star Trek 2009 Movie) Forum

The close-up really shows how much work (number of pieces) go into making it look so good. Nicely done, and you wear it well.
Whatever else I may think of that film, they did a perfect job updating the uniforms while keeping the feel of the original.

The close-up really shows how much work (number of pieces) go into making it look so good. Nicely done, and you wear it well.
Whatever else I may think of that film, they did a perfect job updating the uniforms while keeping the feel of the original.

Thank you! And I agree, the costume design was very well done.

Wow that's a fabulous Uhura costume!

Is anybody going to go to the Star Trek Convention at the San Francisco Airport March 11-13, 2011?

Wow that's a fabulous Uhura costume!

Is anybody going to go to the Star Trek Convention at the San Francisco Airport March 11-13, 2011?

Thanks! I am going to Trek Trax in Atlanta this weekend. I've been asked to talk about my ST 09 costume and how to make them. So, if anyone is going, please say hi!

Here's the best pic I've got of my Klingon costume:

klingoncouple.jpg

There used to be a nose prosthetic to go along with the forehead, but it fell off, and I haven't been bothered to fix it.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back