ANH Red Y... kit

Yeah Daytona, I was going to order one at the same time as you. I didn't. And now look where I am. Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting... while you start on your Y LOL...

Wow, it almost felt like I should have paid to view those instructions...thats how good they are! :lol

There is no second-class anywhere to be seen with this whole project! Well done, fellas, top of the line!!!

Joe

Me too... My Kit arrived a couple of days ago. I waited to post since i was unsure about the delivery of this kit until the backlog was cleared...

I gotta say its beautiful... well packed and not a bubble to be found... I've gotten a lot of awesome kits over the years... this one just feel special - its probably as close as we're likely to get to being at ILM in 1976 when they were building the rest of the y's for filming. tons of little parts to go onto a well cast base. I can see them doing it almost exactly like this after they built the first master. AWESOME

do be careful unpacking though... a couple of those pieces of newspaper had items inside :D it'd be easy to accidentally toss them in the zeal to get at the resin you can see ;)

the only donwside is I'm traveling for work in the DC area... and can't get to really get into the kit until probably christmas week... if I'm lucky

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
Glad it got there in good condition...and good point about the newspaper with some of the parts.....and i can take the opportunity to mention that i use the paper for some parts because i found over the years that wrapping certain parts in paper works better than bubble wrap, it has a little more "give" than bubble wrap for some parts, avoiding crushing......plus it is a type of recycling.....right?
mike

Awesome news guys! Glad you liked em! All backlogged Y's are complete n shipped... Thanks Mike! great partnership! (Im gonna keep you busy with new projects for several years I think!)

Guys please post pics of your builds! John and I want to see these babies come to life!!

Steve

unfortunately I'm traveling on business for at least the next two weeks... I can't even think of starting it until then. Plus I need to pick up all the mounting gear since I'm pretty sure I want to mount it from the engines... I can rig it up no doubt but I do need to get supplies and think about it for a few seconds... altough the side mounts that Jason shows in the instructions are pretty good I have to say.

Jedi Dade

OOo - flat sided. I found something similar at Home Depot a week ago - easier to use than the round part from Smith Victor! SWEET!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back