engineLouter.jpg

leftforwardcenter1.jpg

leftforwardcenter2.jpg

leftaftcenter1.jpg

LeftRearCenter.jpg

Miscparts1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Cantwell Concept Y Wing reference thread

Is this how the model sits now...with a box canopy, or does it have the Spitfire canopy now....or were there two models built?

lee

Cylinder head cover from the ME109 is also used on the engines, its below the Hurricane part......looks to be grey in color there?

Engine thrusters do appear to be F1 rims.....conical type.

lee

Few ideas, and a couple of finds in this map. This is Math's piccy, so if he wants it taken down ill do so, but thank you for taking this.

lee
HalseditY.jpg

Forward section looks to be two LM Garage doors, probably from the 1/48th Revell kit.

Cant put my finger on the cylinders in the centre hull......AMT tractor unit fuel tanks maybe?

lee

Thats a great pic Lee. Thanks for the hint too, i got it....or them. Good input too. If Maths gives me permission to , i will use his image. I will send him an email.

The front engine covers look like easter eggs .

If anyone has Hi Res images that can't be shown but can be butchered for this let me know.

A big THANK YOU!! To Maths Halstensen for his permission to use his pics!!! I will update the thread tonight and start on the maps.

ZK,
it's a great idea to do these threads in parallel because Colin may have used the same kits. Math's pic is new to me :thumbsup

Yeah thats the pic from Jamie that had me on the F1 rim theory for the bells......wasnt sure where the pic came from, so didnt post it lol.....just being polite i guess....anyhoo, yeah, thruster bells......any other ideas, i need to drag my F1's down.

lee

Holy crap those pics are awesome!!! Thanks guys. I'll try to do some maps tonight but probably tommorow.

The landing gear 'feet' look like lifeboats!

1138, do you know whos pics those are? I would like to try and get permission before using them.

1138, do you know whos pics those are? I would like to try and get permission before using them.

The pics are mine - you're welcome to use them. I commissioned them from a guy in Singapore; took them at the exhibit a few years ago.

Here's a link to the originals - there's also a small (so-so) gallery of the yellow Y too...

enjoy

Y-Wing Prototype

On the starboard side under the hurricane engine part is the airfix bf 109 cockpit interior side panel.
yeah the "feet" are life boats, perhaps from the blue devil?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back