Cantwell Concept Y Wing Research thread

I wonder what happened to the nose guns?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think knocking the round canopy off and changing to flat to avoid glare and reflections would have been pretty easy. I bet it's the same Y at a much earlier stage. I do like the round canopy, but wish the ball turret would have been on the bottom so the cockpit had rear visibility.

I think knocking the round canopy off and changing to flat to avoid glare and reflections would have been pretty easy. I bet it's the same Y at a much earlier stage. I do like the round canopy, but wish the ball turret would have been on the bottom so the cockpit had rear visibility.

This is pretty much what i was thinking. That is probably the earliest pic we have so far. There is no lower canopy yet and the upper turret has not been tinted yet. Also there is no gun yet on the upper turret. The pic in "the making of star wars"
of Cantwell holding the nose alread has the lower cockpit but the top does not look square yet. Hard to tell though from that blurry pic.

Maps coming tonight.:thumbsup

The landing gear feet look to be from the Lindberg Blue Devil. They look like the life rafts turned upside down.

-emojo5

It would be a small L'egg's as far as i can tell, could be wrong....just seems a bit small.
Hey anybody notice the engine cylinders...they step with a slight curvature at the dome.....sort of got me thinking AMT tanker maybe?

lee

Yes emojo5. That is correct about the feet/ lifeboats. I will finish up the other half tonight or tommorow and then go back though the thread and add anything i missed. Been busy at work and no patience for the other maps the last few nights.

Great pic Jason, I was thinking the L'eggs would be too big. Thats why i put easter egg on the map. Who has the blue devil and how big is the lifeboat?

The Y's upper and lower head looks like it could be one of the clam shell panels that house the LEM in the Revell 1:48 Apollo: Lunar Module Eagle & Spacecraft Columbia Kit # 04808.

rev8644.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay. The rest of the maps are up. I will go through the thread and add any new details i missed. There are probably other little parts missed but it is hard to see the left side in the pics available. Now back to looking for parts.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back