Cantwell T16 Skyhopper research thread

No way that could be a hijack. :thumbsup ( I am not asking for one.) Are these heat sinks still in production?

I really dont know, The ones I found were in the same drawer as the ones for the X and Y wing, but these were kinda dusty and been sitting around for a while.
I have last years Aavid catalog at work, I can look to see if they stock it.
I couldnt find them on thier on line catalog.

Yes you are correct. I looked at the training ball type and it's a little different. Haven't had a chance to go kitscan searching again to find the correct panther.

Thank you Apophis for the heatsink offer. Since i have one i would rather they go to those that don't have one yet.

You all are welcome! im just glad to finally being able to contribute something!

Funny i found my heatsink bouncing around in a box. Looked at it and said. "i'll use this on the T16 untill i find the right one." Got home and it turns out it is the right one. I'll be at my parents today and will look for some more.

Here is the clearest image i have of the rear. The image belongs to someone else, so if the owner wants it removed pls let me know and i will take down.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The cylinder which frames the "truck rim" reminds me of a scotch tape cylinder, but the three tabs in the pic aren't on modern cores.

4694005634_004e085b6c_m.jpg

I think your right. I kind of remember the old ones having the tabs. Probably used to roll up the tape. Good job

Found an Aerobee but it was the last one the store had. I ordered it and will post scans as soon as it come in.

Thanks guys.

Edit on that tape reel, i have 2 different ones here. One from the wide tape and one from the narrow tape. The narrow tape reels have deeper side channels. The wide tapes have what looks like 2 thinner tape reels glued together and have a shallow channel like on the T16. Fraking great guys. We'll have this thing ID'd in no time. Looks like this one will be done before the X. I will go back and number these maps. I forgot at first but will do it so we can have a numbered list of parts and maps.
Glen

Last edited:
Am I late?

If that's the Aerobe (& it is), then (size-wise) the tank copula (#36) is from the 1/48th / Panzer V.
(how many of you knew that, raise your hand)

Re: Scotch-tape Wheel (...you guys scare me, Good Call!)

Hey Gents, i'm a bit red-faced on this but the Aerobee is a bad match. Serves me right for trying to do this with all my kits long in storage. The correct match for the cylinder along the upper edge of the c0ckpit is the Revell 1/48 Apollo Lunar Spacecraft kit. Here is a pic confirming the details.

Very sorry for the bad info :$

I will start double-checking my sh1t before posting :cry

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Me too! And I should've got that one, ...the 1/48 Apollo CM /LM combo kit is one of my all time favs. (last reissued in 94(?) by Revell / Germany)

Wow great job guys !
I cant wait to see the first T-16 being built. That's my fav Cantwell's proto, so I will follow this thread with great interest ! :thumbsup

I finally nabbed an Apollo Lunar Spacecraft (and I think I have everything else now too). When it arrives, I will draft up the wings and body panels, and will have them laser cut from styrene.

Builders Group, any one? Happy to have my buddy cut more for anyone building this.

I finally nabbed an Apollo Lunar Spacecraft (and I think I have everything else now too). When it arrives, I will draft up the wings and body panels, and will have them laser cut from styrene.

Builders Group, any one? Happy to have my buddy cut more for anyone building this.

You have my attention sir.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back