Cantwell T16 Skyhopper research thread

Yeah, rule #1 of ebay club...hushhhh!!! :) :) :):facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Last edited:
Thank you Gene.

I got the impression that these Cantwell threads were going to be full disclosure. No "secret handshake" nonsense to know what parts have been IDed.

Jason's making a kit of it. That's why I'd like for him only to know what the ID is before word gets out. I also think that's what Jason is thinking. The kit might cost less if the prices on rare donor kits don't get jacked up.

And he did actually give the answer previously even before anyone asked, lol. It was just a couple of posts higher up. :)

Jason's making a kit of it. That's why I'd like for him only to know what the ID is before word gets out. I also think that's what Jason is thinking. The kit might cost less if the prices on rare donor kits don't get jacked up.

And he did actually give the answer previously even before anyone asked, lol. It was just a couple of posts higher up. :)

Its the nature of the beast, weve all been there, just because its to be a kit, doesnt give just cause to the ID IMO, its dog eat dog in reality.

Lee

Boba, the plan was and still is full disclosure but for now we just can't afford to fight every SW addict for kits. It took Jason quite awhile to get one kit and noone even knows about it. I just wished i had remembered to tell Jason about the Huey. No really a big deal because i already have it and in the end if Jason doesn't have a part i will send them to him for him to cast. I think i have all of them except for the transtar parts, which i really can't afford at $140. Luckily the lunar spacecraft was rereleased and the gemini/mercury are coming soon so no need to spend a fortune for those kits anymore.

Thank you Gene.

I got the impression that these Cantwell threads were going to be full disclosure. No "secret handshake" nonsense to know what parts have been IDed.

I want to build all the cantwells oneday. Not really into buying the whole kit , but would buy cast pilots if that was the only contribution. I would imagine Jason can get any kit he needs without buying them if he just ask people, so I wouldn't worry about it. I never think you need to ask permission before buying a kit just so someone else can make lots of money.

-James

Do you guys not get the "lol" part? Yeah, I'll just get one when it's affordable - if it delays my kit, it delays my kit. I'm not going to deny any one else a chance at a getting one.

And I'm not going to make money on it - no one ever does. I'm not even offering a full kit - most likely just the laser cut body and the rare stuff. Pilots kind of fall into that category... but whatever. All I know is, I have to build two (one for me and one for a client) so stuff has to get cast anyway. Gonna offer the parts as a courtesy to others. That's all.

I'm too busy to get into the kit business. Not really interested in being two years behind on everything, know what I mean? LOL

(get the LOL that time?)

I don't need to be lectured on the scarcity of kits and the diffuculty of finding the right one. I've been collecting kits for SS modeling longer than most of you on this board. If Jason wants to make a kit that's fine, hell I've even offered him extra parts to do with as he wishes ( he never got back to me so I guess he either got the correct kit he needed or just forgot) I thought because I made those parts maps for the various Cantwell models, including parts that no one knew about, to share with everyone that others would do the same. Guess I was wrong.

Boba Flint - Sorry man, I've been at wits end with a million projects, and have been trying to prioritize. It's all about the Blimp until that is done. I try my hardest to not be one of those guys who work on 900 models simultaneously and never finish any - it's an easy trap to fall into! So far it's working - and is gratifying.

I really have appreciated the work you put into it. Because of you, and others like you, I have a Sterilite container with T-16 donors just waiting for their chance to shine. But I have GOT to clear the decks.... and answer those PMs and emails from people. Unnngh. I'm os behind....

When ever you get to it jason is cool, thanks to all for your hard work! This will be a cool model when we are done!
I have most of the kits now, exept the rare and expensive ones lol!

Geez..... I step away for a day and.....:rolleyes

Look, I saw Jason's post the other day and knew it was a joke. As a matter of policy, if I can figure out what the part is, I'm gonna post it. I'm sending some parts to Jason for another project and I'll throw the tape spool thingee in there. I found one Huey pilot in my stash, but I had "modified" him years ago. We should be able to find a repop of that kit easily enough. (Wasn't the motor or rotor housing on it used as the laser guns on the Cylon Raider?)

Let's ........ let's just not turn this into a BSG thread........ :lol

Gene

Looks like the AH-1G 1/32 is good for the pilots as well. Obviously the same master.

AH-1G_Pilot1.JPG

AH-1G_Pilot2.JPG

Cheers, JT

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back