Cantwell T16 Skyhopper research thread

I won the Transtar.... damn Jesse - were we bidding against each other?!

When it arrives, I'll scan.

Got this puppy!

L1060952.jpg

Also have the Hawk - but it was mostly assembled. Not many parts! Whew!

Also:

http://www.therpf.com/f13/studio-scale-star-wars-decals-cantwell-90581/index2.html

No no dude...I wasn't bidding on it....what I meant was, while I didn't win it (nor did I bid on it since you posted) I was on the hunt for pics. *I didn't want to sound like I had won it. Nice find on that kit whoever figured it out.

Come on Jason. Rip those bags open and scan that puppy. It's only $150. :lol
Can you tell if the Y wing nose is in there? :confused

Congrats Jason!

I should have the Revell Mercury/ Gemini kit by the end of the week. I'll scan it for everyone.

A couple more maps.

While we wait on better scans, here is a pic from the instructions of the engine block...if it's the piece, it does look like it really could be #15 to me. The mount points line up...

The transtar engine block is the part needed. I have the kit. It has parts for the T-16 and Y-wing.
No need to look for another kit.

LOL thanks Boba. Sorry, didn't realize anyone had the kit in hand and was just having fun comparing pics. I am the Clouseau to your Holmes. :)

That is way cool Jason!
On a side note, i have 2 heatsinks left for anyone that is going to build one of these, it is free!
Not to derail this thread so, if ya want one PM me your addy!

Last edited:
Nice work Jason.

It would be neat if we could find the vintage tape reels with the three notches. I think I remember seeing them as a kid. If not, I am sure we can glue our own.

Nice work Jason.

It would be neat if we could find the vintage tape reels with the three notches. I think I remember seeing them as a kid. If not, I am sure we can glue our own.

Believe it or not, but I have a tape reel in my car (dont ask why) and I noticed today it has the 3 notches ! Yeaaaaah ! That's very weird because it's the same brand that the ones I use to buy and they have no notch at all... (at least the new ones)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back