Cantwell Concept X Wing Research thread

Zombie Killer

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok first i would like to Thank ***** for allowing me to use his pics to make up these maps. I started this a few months back and then got side tracked with other projects. I hope by posting these here the community will join in and ID this bird. Right now this is just a rough draft since i don't have most kits, size and confirmation of most parts are still to be made. Like my ZF-1 thread i'll update this first post and the maps as parts are id'd. Thanks to Moffeaton and GKvfx for helping with IDing also.

I NEED A HIRES COPY OF THIS!! PLEASE!!!
mom_xwing02.jpg

STARWARS_BONUS-16.jpg

n671305666_1590386_9891.jpg

Let me post pics and then i will add to it later on.

PARTS MAPS

AWingGunC.jpg

BWing1b.jpg

CWing2.jpg

DCockpit-Nose.jpg

ECockpit-Center.jpg

FRearoftopengine-guna.jpg

GRearofbottomengine-cockpit.jpg

HMiscFront.jpg

IMiscgear-engine.jpg

REFERENCE PICs ( IF YOU OWN ANY OF THESE AND YOU DON'T WANT THEM POSTED LET ME KNOW)

These are from Moffeaton posted in an earlier thread.
3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

I took these pics from the Sculpting book.
DSC00268.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

The Dragster
This is the US version i found
e-bay_model_003.jpg

JebAllen2.jpg

Here is a rare Japanese version i bought also.
JebJap2.jpg

Fuselage confirmation
DSC01603.jpg

DSC01604.jpg

DSC01605.jpg

DSC01606.jpg

Here are a few shots of the pill bottles as used on the 1st concept Falcon

L1010410.jpg

L1010411.jpg

MORE TO COME.............

Last edited:
ZK,
amazing pics. :thumbsup I am gonna love this thread. 1/16th kits are not cheap, but nothing is regarding SW. I really hope the X and TIE go to C-5 and folks snag good pics.

The cylindrical parts toward the base of the cannons, nearest the wings, seem suggestive of Space Shuttle Solid Rocket Boosters.

-Mike J.

The cylindrical cannon body (at the wing root) is in fact the parts that represent the J79 engine &
they are from the 'Lindberg' B-58 Hustler. (box scale)
There are several kits on Ebay currently - that clearly show the engine parts but they are in low rez.
The Good News is: 1 kit has all 4 cannon bodies!!!
I was trying to send pics to Jason of the ones that I have, but my photobucket account is acting up
so I can't send or post anything at this time.

Thats AWESOME!!!! I am going to guess it's the 1/64th kit and not the 1/128th?
I got a good pic off the bay and will update the map.

Thanks for contributing Modeleer!!!

Last edited:
You're most welcome! I helped organize a model collectors guide back in the 80s, so I sorta have a nack & can ID partz all day long. Not (quite) as good as some of the SS builders here, but I'll try my eye on the one's they can't ID. Yes, it's the 1/64th but that's an error, ...I think they mean 9/64th = 1 foot. (Weird but True)

Here's that pic:
P6100060-1.jpg

Last edited:
It turns out that 1/128th scale is the same kit & the actual scale. There's one on Ebay now for $4.99 (but partz could be missing).

Last edited:
You're most welcome! I helped organize a model collectors guide back in the 80s, so I sorta have a nack & can ID partz all day long. Not (quite) as good as some of the SS builders here, but I'll try my eye on the one's they can't ID. Yes, it's the 1/64th but that's an error, ...I think they mean 9/64th = 1 foot. (Weird but True)

Here's that pic:
P6100060-1.jpg

Great pic. Didn't notice the # 3 at the end of it. I guess that will need to be sanded down. Do you have the B-58 kit? There are some round donut shaped parts in it (Not wheels) and i can't get a clear view of them. They kinda look like the part #17 or #18

1-64LindbergB-58a.jpg

Congrads, that is a good step. Right now my concentration has been on the skyhopper. Since all the Cantwell concepts seem to use the same kits i am hoping as we finish ID'ing the T16 those kits will supply more parts for this. Also the T16 is the most complete when it comes to Idin'g so it is a priority, this x is next on my list. I have a few more kits to buy also to catch up on whats been found so far.

I'll be hitting that T-16 project kit-wise by the end of Summer. Couldn't do anything without the people on this board!!

(Sealabapalooza comes first!)

That's so true. Hoping we get IDs for the TIE concept that almost no one but me liked. :lol Can't wait to see your T-16s.

Anyway, just fun bringing up Cantwell.

Count me on liking the Concept Tie as well. If we just had one or two more images of it on profile and closer , I think it would be much a cinch to ID. Does anyone know if it is on display anywhere ?

-James

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back