Tron Legacy Costume

Hi there,

So you mean your friend sewed the actual movie costumes??? Yes please ask your friend what was used for the light source exactly and where one can get that HEX print custom made. I am already half way done with my upper body armour on my Quorra costume and want to order my lights soon.

Thank you,
~Annissë
hey everyone i found a similar hex print out of motorcycle gear here is the link McDavid Long Sleeve HexPad Shirt

yes, please ask them who designed the hexagon 3D print, the underbody fabric of their costumes and who we can contact to get our hands on it. Maybe also ask what material was used to make the rubber armour of their suits.

Coo! Thx! good luck! Hope someone from the company replys back to you!

~A

i found a simlar product for the undersuit with the hex print here is the link McDavid Long Sleeve HexPad Shirt

I thought about screen printing the hex pattern but I didn't know how accurate that would be. Now I know that would work. I found a site once that could print any pattern you designed on any fabric you wanted. I'll find that site again and post it here. I chose Rinzler's suit because it has fewer lights.
hey evryone i found a similar product for the hex undersuit pattern here is the link McDavid Long Sleeve HexPad Shirt

If anyone is looking for a decent, cheap helmet, I'm gonna try to repaint this one. It's on clearance, so I don't know how long they will last, but the price is right.

GI Joe - Duke Adult Full Helmet - Costumes

60354.jpg

Hey I got mine in the mail today. Lets just say little disappointed. Yes it's super cheep ($19 with shipping)but be aware it comes in 2 pieces of VERY flimsy plastic. And the paint job is not what the picture looks like. (I was planning to repaint anyways so not that big a deal) But the visor part is not 100% clear, its more of a smoke tint that tapers back towards the side of the face. My oppinon it will take a lot of apoxy, car bondo, sanding, and repainting to make this somewhat worthy. Save your money and go with a better helmet.

Hi all!

I am back from Dragon Con and after getting a week's worth of sleep working non stop to finish my Quorra costume on time. I wanted to share with all of you my finished costume.

Here are the results 3M Scothlite reflective fabric tape will give you if you decide to use it to make your Tron Legacy costumes. All these photos are taken with flash photography. I included one so you can see how the suit looks when flash is not used.

I still want to find the right lighting source to rig to my Quorra costume by the time the movie comes out to wear it to the premiere.

I had the time of my life wearing my Quorra costume to CON. Everyone just loved photographing it and had no idea when their flash went off on their cameras what great lighting effects the reflective tape would produce.

To tell you the truth, that Scothlite tape is so powerful, I actually think that it is too bright and drowns out your actual costume being photographed. You really have to play around with your camera to find the right settings to bring out the reflective tape glow as well as capturing your costume or all you are going to get is nothing but white glow :lol

Cheers!
~Annissë

Oh wow your costume looks amazing!

I've been lurking for a while but dang I needed to comment on how wonderful your costume is! :)

Ok, so I've been floating around ideas in my head since I first saw the Tron Legacy trailers. I think I have the base of my suit down.

For my helmet I'm using
bell3.jpg

For my suit, I'm using a wetsuit
31Dt2ueVxnL._AA300_.jpg

And then you have gloves and boots
21fd1DcOqQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
images

Too make things simple, I'll just sew on 5mm blue EL light to the wetsuit. I was thinking of using EL tape but it would get too complicated with the bending. I also was considering sewing neoprene onto the wetsuit's upper body to "buff it up".
imgres

Hey I got mine in the mail today. Lets just say little disappointed. Yes it's super cheep ($19 with shipping)but be aware it comes in 2 pieces of VERY flimsy plastic. And the paint job is not what the picture looks like. (I was planning to repaint anyways so not that big a deal) But the visor part is not 100% clear, its more of a smoke tint that tapers back towards the side of the face. My oppinon it will take a lot of apoxy, car bondo, sanding, and repainting to make this somewhat worthy. Save your money and go with a better helmet.

I made the same mistake. But im returning mine. not at all like the pic.

I should probably do the same thing but for the extra it would cost me, I'll play around with it just for fun. I have however found a really cool helmet (more expensive but I LOVE it) AND i'll be able to use it for future scenes if I need a fighter pilot helmet. DOT Open Face Helmet with Internal Sunglass(309) Black

popup_image.php

i got luck my "helmet" had a dent in it. So i should be getting a full refund. And thats not a bad idea with the moto helmet , how much is that? like 40 bucks.

So I'm thinking of using a neoprene or craftfoam as a base for Quorra's 'armor' and then cover it with a rubber-looking fabric. Probably some sort of matte vinyl or pleather. I will most likely use that same fabric to cover the boots. Other than the hexagonal fabric that has everyone baffled, I keep debating whether her leggings are matte, metallic, or 'wet look'. The chest armor definitely seems matte, but the leggings seem to have some kind of sheen to it.

So I'm thinking of using a neoprene or craftfoam as a base for Quorra's 'armor' and then cover it with a rubber-looking fabric. Probably some sort of matte vinyl or pleather. I will most likely use that same fabric to cover the boots. Other than the hexagonal fabric that has everyone baffled, I keep debating whether her leggings are matte, metallic, or 'wet look'. The chest armor definitely seems matte, but the leggings seem to have some kind of sheen to it.

Revari: I am also in the process of making Sam's suit out of a leather type material because I am trying to get close to the original costume. But Quorra's leggings look sort of like latex. I hope this picture I attached helps you out.

Revari: I am also in the process of making Sam's suit out of a leather type material because I am trying to get close to the original costume. But Quorra's leggings look sort of like latex. I hope this picture I attached helps you out.

Agreed it looks more like latex then a matte. Mettalic I suppose can work too.

Thanks so much. I agree with the Latex look. I can find lots of pairs of latex/latex look leggings on Ebay. It definitely has a sheen. I just need to be careful and not purchase an overly shiny latex. It's subtle, but there is a definite change in texture compared to the matte rubber chest piece.

These are looking good. They're cheap, too, which is always a HUGE plus.

185161020_o.jpg

How is every making the holder for the identity disk on the back of their suits? I'm thinking styrofoam covered in paper mache then covered again fabric... Also anyone have any good references?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back