Tron Legacy Costume

Here are some shots of our Tron Legacy Daft Punk costumes :) They're not 100% complete yet as we haven't installed the EL wire/tape and added in more details like the proper reflective sheeting and minor sewing patterns,here and there. I haven't installed the electronics into the helmets yet either.

We based the designs off the figures that are gonna be released soon.

76442_459248548801_743058801_5567395_3969985_n.jpg

73642_459248798801_743058801_5567401_6646501_n.jpg

73252_459248653801_743058801_5567397_4380076_n.jpg
Man you guys look AWESOME...well done!!!

Thanks guys! We're still trying to improve the costumes cause there are little details that are off. The reflective sheeting doesn't really shine in these shots because I haven't added any backing to it.

That's just so cool. What material did you use for the fabric? Are you going to be able to see out of the helmets once the LED's are installed? Great job with the helmets too.

Awesome! Thank you Eddie! Then I am on my way. Just gotta wait for my latex to get here. Gonna build the armor to fit me perfect then the El Wire to that.

Oh, did you use velcro on your suit and lighting build to hold all the lighting to your chest, arms and legs? Or did you glue the strips on?

I was thinking of using velcro but not sure if it will hold well on the latex unless I cemented it on there.

I use this Compound Adhesive and sealant based on Polyurethane which cures by atmospheric moisture and is then painted over.

• Strong adhesion
• Permanently elastic
• vibration
• paintable
• Silicone free
• Non-corrosive
• weather and UV resistant
• resistant to dilute acids and alkalis
• odor
its in black I use it for everything its really strong most hardware stores have it fixed cars, speakers clothes shoes boots its great I get this one here in germany its like 16$ but its worth it this one is Petec K&D Karosserie Klebe

Be perfect for puting on these strips

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Thank you Eddie! Then I am on my way. Just gotta wait for my latex to get here. Gonna build the armor to fit me perfect then the El Wire to that.

Oh, did you use velcro on your suit and lighting build to hold all the lighting to your chest, arms and legs? Or did you glue the strips on?

I was thinking of using velcro but not sure if it will hold well on the latex unless I cemented it on there.
I used Hot glue but then again the surface was neoprene, so it was porous, yours will be a slick surface so maybe industrial strength velcro, or maybe a stronger glue. I really wish that EL TAPE was cheaper, because that is definitely the best way to go, is crazy how we have to go through all this hoops just to make it work but at least we found a cheap alternative.

Here are some shots of our Tron Legacy Daft Punk costumes :) They're not 100% complete yet as we haven't installed the EL wire/tape and added in more details like the proper reflective sheeting and minor sewing patterns,here and there. I haven't installed the electronics into the helmets yet either.

76442_459248548801_743058801_5567395_3969985_n.jpg

73642_459248798801_743058801_5567401_6646501_n.jpg

73252_459248653801_743058801_5567397_4380076_n.jpg
WOW! Excellent work.

Yes you two look amazing! Great work on your costumes and great choice for your shooting location :)

I used Hot glue but then again the surface was neoprene, so it was porous, yours will be a slick surface so maybe industrial strength velcro, or maybe a stronger glue. I really wish that EL TAPE was cheaper, because that is definitely the best way to go, is crazy how we have to go through all this hoops just to make it work but at least we found a cheap alternative.

Yeah it is either gonna be some strong industrial strength velcro or I may find a way to cement the light strips with rubber cement to the latex. Just not sure what will hold to the back of the poster board. That alone will not adhere with the cement to the latex, I need to back it with something.

Man this is going to be alot of work ;P

Not sure what studio made the suits but here is a little video interview of the designers... Michael Wilkinson and Christine Bieselin Clark. Michael Wilkinson is one of my FAV movie costume designers, he designed the Silk Spectre II WATCHMEN costume :)

VIDEO: Behind-the-Scenes with 'Tron: Legacy's' Costume Designers - The Hollywood Reporter

Awesome Interview! It was interesting to see the waitresses costumes, I hadn't seen that before. I had heard about the camera in CLU's helmet, and I believe they also had fans in them to circulate the air and keep them cool. The Quorra helmet looked bada$$!! So Annisse, ya gonna make one of those? That would be AWESOME!! :D

I'm just amazed at everything that went into making these costumes. I think about what everyone on here is doing and that level of effort; I can't imagine the amount of work that went into making these costumes for the film. I can't wait to see this movie!

I believe it was this outfit:

Quantum Creation FX

If you look under the Specialty Costumes link, it's the first thing that pops up. I hope that's what you were looking for.

Oh man, they are in Burbank, very close to my work. I should just go there and ask them to make another Quorra costume :p HAHA

so close yet so far.

As far as making a Quorra helmet, might have to hold that project off for Comic Con next year. ;) but looks like something complicated enough that I would want to tackle.

Last edited:
Hm, with all my respects, I don't like specially how is this one made here Tron Legacy Helmet , but it might give you guys some ideas. And the final result turns pretty good.
Some people in this forum know about pepakura, which I think it would work better, I don't know about it, so I can't help in this case.

About the cams, I think spy cams are not expensive.

Last edited:
Yeah it is either gonna be some strong industrial strength velcro or I may find a way to cement the light strips with rubber cement to the latex. Just not sure what will hold to the back of the poster board. That alone will not adhere with the cement to the latex, I need to back it with something.

You can use a wide clear tape or black duck tape and simply tape over the poster board, this way it will be strong and it will not tear when you adhere it to your suit.

The problem with velcro is that it is thicker and won't let the tape sit as flush to the costume and sometimes tend to lift at areas that flex. If I were to glue, I would use contact cement. Mask the surrounding latex areas with tape that you don't want the glue oozing out on. Then you can brush it on both surfaces. After air drying a few minutes, Apply it to the costume and immediately remove the masking. To avoid masking, I've also had luck brushing it on one surface only, apply it on the other surface to get the cement on it. Remove and let air dry for a few minutes before permanently attaching.

Dear Fellow Programs. go to http// disney.go.com and check out a scene with Alan and Sam. Where Alan gives him the keys. Not much else going on for Tron Tuesday! Enjoy!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back