Tron Legacy Costume

This is the inverter I have:
3V 2AA battery inverter
108592934_o.jpg

For the torso section I used two 7 foot EL Wires.

Oh my goodness. This is the same that I have... the 2.3 and 3V inverter ( but white wire ) and it doesn't look anywhere near as bright as yours! Maybe the photo settings added some extra power. XD I'll have to experiment with your methods and hopefully come out with something nice and bright like yours!! Knowing you used the same materials, I'm much more confident that my results will look more satisfactory than what I'm thinking they will...

Did you buy or attach the EL wire yourself or did it come all together??

Did you buy it as 7ft or cut it?

Does anyone know if you cut EL wire, since the batteries are powering less, would the remainder be brighter??? The 2.3mm I currently have is in 9.8ft length. Wondering if I trim it what would happen... HMmMMmm... I guess I DO have enough to experiment... I got 6 of the 2.3, and 3 9.8ft of 5mm... should have enough. I ebayed it so it was all super cheap but I'd rather not experiment if someone already knows the answer.

Annisse, thanks for the info! I cant tell if mines fake or not, but too cheap to buy more. It gets the job done. XD But if i run into any shortages ( in length or electrical terms ) I'll definitely look into the Lytec before ordering. Thanks!

As the movie gets closer and closer I get more and more tempted to get Quorra done...but continue to procrastinate. ARGH. >_<

This is the 12v Sound Inverter I grabbed with my 15ft of EL Wire:
EL wire Inverters from $4.50/ea. EL wire from $0.98 / ft
yhst-22911593404441_2129_32960

The driver is not here yet, but if I read this pic correctly, looks like a 12v/150mah power req. If it only uses 150mah, then even a crappy little 12v/1000mah RC Battery should run for quite some time (as much as about 6 hours??), even on a high sound responce setting.
Sound Driver at work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iwJRir8ZDU&feature=related

*update* Helm just arrived today:
helm_partfront_small.jpg
helm_side_small.jpg

(it's almost a tiny, tiny bit G-Force/Gatchaman)

Last edited:
This is the 12v Sound Inverter I grabbed with my 15ft of EL Wire:
EL wire Inverters from $4.50/ea. EL wire from $0.98 / ft
yhst-22911593404441_2129_32960

The driver is not here yet, but if I read this pic correctly, looks like a 12v/150mah power req. If it only uses 150mah, then even a crappy little 12v/1000mah RC Battery should run for quite some time (as much as about 6 hours??), even on a high sound responce setting.

You going to blowup :) nice

If I were to do a screen accurate build, This is it!
Clu's costume is much better looking than Sam's IMHO.

Photo taken from the Jr Novel
IMAG0426.jpg

Crap! On my iPhone. Wanted to post my El Wire job per Eddie's instructions. My comp. caught a virus and I am reinstalling Windows. One of those virus that the anti virus scans just can't find.

Anyways, I want to post my pic of my work to show you all. Will have to wait till tomorrow. I want Eddie to check it out to see if I got it right. I think
I did looks better in photos then just looking right at it and different ISO settings on your camera will make a difference too. Will post my pics later!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back