Subscribe
  1. Fletcher702's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Las Vegas
    Messages
    15
    Sep 18, 2010, 5:51 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #251

    actordiver said: View Post
    Hey I got mine in the mail today. Lets just say little disappointed. Yes it's super cheep ($19 with shipping)but be aware it comes in 2 pieces of VERY flimsy plastic. And the paint job is not what the picture looks like. (I was planning to repaint anyways so not that big a deal) But the visor part is not 100% clear, its more of a smoke tint that tapers back towards the side of the face. My oppinon it will take a lot of apoxy, car bondo, sanding, and repainting to make this somewhat worthy. Save your money and go with a better helmet.
    I made the same mistake. But im returning mine. not at all like the pic.
  2. actordiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    132
    Sep 19, 2010, 12:08 AM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #252

    Fletcher702 said: View Post
    I made the same mistake. But im returning mine. not at all like the pic.
    I should probably do the same thing but for the extra it would cost me, I'll play around with it just for fun. I have however found a really cool helmet (more expensive but I LOVE it) AND i'll be able to use it for future scenes if I need a fighter pilot helmet. DOT Open Face Helmet with Internal Sunglass(309) Black

  3. Fletcher702's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Las Vegas
    Messages
    15
    Sep 19, 2010, 3:52 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #253

    actordiver said: View Post
    I should probably do the same thing but for the extra it would cost me, I'll play around with it just for fun. I have however found a really cool helmet (more expensive but I LOVE it) AND i'll be able to use it for future scenes if I need a fighter pilot helmet. DOT Open Face Helmet with Internal Sunglass(309) Black


    i got luck my "helmet" had a dent in it. So i should be getting a full refund. And thats not a bad idea with the moto helmet , how much is that? like 40 bucks.
  4. Revari's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    From
    New York City
    Messages
    26
    Sep 19, 2010, 5:50 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #254

    So I'm thinking of using a neoprene or craftfoam as a base for Quorra's 'armor' and then cover it with a rubber-looking fabric. Probably some sort of matte vinyl or pleather. I will most likely use that same fabric to cover the boots. Other than the hexagonal fabric that has everyone baffled, I keep debating whether her leggings are matte, metallic, or 'wet look'. The chest armor definitely seems matte, but the leggings seem to have some kind of sheen to it.
  5. actordiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    132
    Sep 19, 2010, 7:04 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #255

    Fletcher702 said: View Post
    i got luck my "helmet" had a dent in it. So i should be getting a full refund. And thats not a bad idea with the moto helmet , how much is that? like 40 bucks.

    It was $56. I like how it has the face shield and a tinted "sunglasses" style visor. Here is the company in case you wanted to check it out: Dual Visor Open Face - UHelmets
  6. baypistolman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Northern California
    Messages
    53
    Sep 20, 2010, 12:08 AM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #256

    Revari said: View Post
    So I'm thinking of using a neoprene or craftfoam as a base for Quorra's 'armor' and then cover it with a rubber-looking fabric. Probably some sort of matte vinyl or pleather. I will most likely use that same fabric to cover the boots. Other than the hexagonal fabric that has everyone baffled, I keep debating whether her leggings are matte, metallic, or 'wet look'. The chest armor definitely seems matte, but the leggings seem to have some kind of sheen to it.
    Revari: I am also in the process of making Sam's suit out of a leather type material because I am trying to get close to the original costume. But Quorra's leggings look sort of like latex. I hope this picture I attached helps you out.
  7. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    2
    Sep 20, 2010, 1:53 AM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #257

    baypistolman said: View Post
    Revari: I am also in the process of making Sam's suit out of a leather type material because I am trying to get close to the original costume. But Quorra's leggings look sort of like latex. I hope this picture I attached helps you out.
    Agreed it looks more like latex then a matte. Mettalic I suppose can work too.
  8. Revari's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    From
    New York City
    Messages
    26
    Sep 20, 2010, 3:05 AM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #258

    baypistolman said: View Post
    Revari: I am also in the process of making Sam's suit out of a leather type material because I am trying to get close to the original costume. But Quorra's leggings look sort of like latex. I hope this picture I attached helps you out.
    Thanks so much. I agree with the Latex look. I can find lots of pairs of latex/latex look leggings on Ebay. It definitely has a sheen. I just need to be careful and not purchase an overly shiny latex. It's subtle, but there is a definite change in texture compared to the matte rubber chest piece.

    These are looking good. They're cheap, too, which is always a HUGE plus.

  9. Fletcher702's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Las Vegas
    Messages
    15
    Sep 20, 2010, 6:27 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #259

    actordiver said: View Post
    It was $56. I like how it has the face shield and a tinted "sunglasses" style visor. Here is the company in case you wanted to check it out: Dual Visor Open Face - UHelmets
    cool thanks, ill check it out. ive decided to do a quick version of the suits in hopes of being done by halloween and in the mean time continue working on the movie based suits for later.
  10. Revari's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    From
    New York City
    Messages
    26
    Sep 21, 2010, 11:03 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #260

    How is every making the holder for the identity disk on the back of their suits? I'm thinking styrofoam covered in paper mache then covered again fabric... Also anyone have any good references?
  11. baypistolman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Northern California
    Messages
    53
    Sep 22, 2010, 12:00 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #261

    Here is a link of another forum member making replica discs.
    http://www.therpf.com/f9/tron-legacy...36/index3.html

    As for me I just bought the one from Toys R US, it is light and has reflective properties on the disc. The disc seems light enough to velro on my back because I am not going to hold that thing all time during a Halloween party that I am making the suit for...
  12. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Houston, TX
    Messages
    9
    Sep 22, 2010, 5:28 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #262

    I really wanna do this costume, but I need tips on the lighting, because I'm that anal about screen accuracy.
    I would wonder about battery life on the EL wire, and where to put said pack....*raises eyebrow* I've used EL wire before, but not on a costume, only on prop pieces and vehicle replicas. I know hot glue is probably not the best idea, nor is stapling it. my other concern is heat on the fabric.

    *waves @ Rook* It's Joesie!
  13. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    94
    Sep 22, 2010, 9:01 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #263

    Dear members, UD Replicas is finally selling their Tron Legacy Outfits. S & Q's are available. No release for Halloween. They do Have a 3 month payment plan. But if you do the 3 month payment plan. You won't get your costume till next year. But if you pay up front 995.00 + 27.00 s+h for the mens version, you'll get your outfit the first week of December 2010. The ladies version is 895.00 + S+H.
    No news on Rinzlers outfit. Check out the site. The pictures are pretty good. FLYNN LIVES!
  14. baypistolman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Northern California
    Messages
    53
    Sep 22, 2010, 11:19 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #264

    The new Tron suits from UD Replicas look pretty nice! I could use this jacket riding around on my motorcycle.
  15. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    94
    Sep 22, 2010, 11:38 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #265

    But there's some bad news with the UD Replicas outfits. They don't light up. I'm getting one any way & I'm going to modify it. I'm building a cheap version like the one form the first trailer. But I'll go the EL tape!
  16. baypistolman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Northern California
    Messages
    53
    Sep 22, 2010, 11:40 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #266

    nannar said: View Post
    But there's some bad news with the UD Replicas outfits. They don't light up. I'm getting one any way & I'm going to modify it. I'm building a cheap version like the one form the first trailer. But I'll go the EL tape!
    I agree the El tape looks better then the El wire. My suit will be done for Halloween but will not light up yet.
  17. Compass72's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Messages
    113
    Sep 23, 2010, 6:25 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #267

    Found some boots that look wickedly cool for the costume:
  18. RPF Premium Member Soulinertia's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Colorado
    Messages
    4,099
    Sep 23, 2010, 7:15 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #268

    Me likes, who makes em?
  19. Member Since
    Jul 2010
    From
    Toronto, Ontario
    Messages
    27
    Sep 23, 2010, 7:33 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #269

    yeah that would be great to know who makes those boots
  20. Compass72's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Messages
    113
    Sep 23, 2010, 8:15 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #270

    ChosenPredator said: View Post
    yeah that would be great to know who makes those boots

    European company. I'm providing the link. Word of caution...they are SPENSIVE.

    Boots: Glove | Vitesse moto
  21. thewired1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    9
    Sep 23, 2010, 9:08 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #271

    Check out Puma Flat boots... They look pretty good as well. I just purchased some used Flat 2 (not really tall boots, more like high tops) but they were REALLY cheap!
  22. thewired1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    9
    Sep 23, 2010, 9:18 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #272



    These are the ones I ended up getting. Not my first choice but they were my size, used and cheap!
  23. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    94
    Sep 23, 2010, 9:31 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #273

    The more expensive boots by PUMA look like those in the Ist trailer. The guy in the yellow are Puma's, they cost about $350.00. The best looking one is about $250.00. They have both in high top & mid top. You have to go to motor cycle supply to buy them. Puma stores & the online site don't carry them. They are very comfortable! And the insoles can be replaced. The boot can have enough space to wire them up. I'm not sure if there's a lady's version?
  24. Compass72's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Philadelphia, PA
    Messages
    113
    Sep 23, 2010, 10:52 PM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #274

    Found a company that has EL sheets that you can cut to specification. If I'm reading this right, you can mimic the patterns on the movie costumes by cutting designs out of this 8 1/2 X 11 sheet (and I think you can cut it into multiple pieces so long as you have two contacts to hook up to) then hooking them up to an inverter with alligator clips. Check out the website and see what you think.

    E-Luminates

    I think many pairs of eyes will help determine if this can help us achieve the neon effect on the suits.
  25. Revari's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    From
    New York City
    Messages
    26
    Sep 24, 2010, 1:56 AM - re: Tron Legacy Costume #275

    Found a great pair of boots on Ebay for my Quorra costume, but now I'm in a bidding war and there is still 3 days left in the auction. Ugh.

    On a good note, though. My Quorra wig should be here tomorrow! I think I may try it on and do a test run with the make-up. Hopefully that will get me motivated for the rest of the costume.

Similar Threads

  1. Renzler Costume from TRON LEGACY
    Topgun, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 12, 2015, 9:37 PM
  2. TRON: Legacy Clu Costume
    Compass72, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Jun 23, 2014, 4:39 PM
  3. Tron legacy Costume
    tstan005, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 31, 2013, 2:49 AM
  4. tron legacy costume
    viper, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Oct 10, 2011, 12:22 AM
  5. Tron: Legacy costume
    glassfox, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Aug 8, 2011, 10:28 PM

Tags