Tron Legacy Costume

4 battery packs nice..do you run 4 converters as well,or how are you running them?
I was thinking about doing more that one pack, I was thinking about using AC. Use the battery pack when i was walking around but plug in when I am staying in one place.

RPF forum :eek I thought it was a RTF "Replica Tron Forum"

There is so much information on the RPF about TRON at the moment that you can assume that almost every possible topic has been discussed already ;)

I had a quick question about EL Wire... does anyone know now long its batteries would last? I'm looking at using a 12v inverter with the 8AA battery setup, but I am looking at running about 30-35ft max of EL wire depending on how the wiring works out. Anyone have any guesstimates on the batterylife? wanna know before I commit to more of this and end up using like 100 batteries in the span of a weekend XD

Easy answer basically:

12v @ 2400mah on my Sound Driver 12v/300mah draw system (32ft of wire)
lasts me well over 4.5 hours without any dimming (that was tested live in a club with lots of sound reactives) and should last at least 6 hours normally.

So I am going to start actually putting together my Quorra costume soon, and I figure it'd be super helpful to ask opinions from people in the same boat as far as Tron costumes go. Bear with me please, I have a lot of questions because of attention to detail and being a perfectionist. ;;; I am going to start with a full bodysuit v Spandex Unisex Unicolor Zentai Suit - Unicolor Zentai Suits - Lycra Spandex Zentai Suits - Catsuits & Zentai - Milanoo.com
And then put the molding/lights on top of that with separate boots.

1) EL tape, wire, or sheets? Information I have looked up thus far has been a bit sparse and varied, I am wondering which ones are the brightest/most flexible. If possible I'd like to lean toward the tape or sheets to make the thicker lines in the suit. Overall, I am just honestly trying to pick the best thing for brightness, flexibility, and being sturdy enough to move in without threatening to break something.

2) Any information on molding would be hugely appreciated. I know next to nothing about foam molding and I have heard some things about latex sheeting being effective too. Opinions?

I like Sam's normal costume, its simple and cool. Pair it with the helmet and sticker as well as the chip necklace and I think it would be a cool costume that could also pass as everyday wear. Any id on the jacket and helmet yet?
Nothing that I've found, though I've also been too busy with work this week to look. I'm hoping that some of the fine folks here more skilled at this sort of thing will weigh in. I'm assuming that they're custom items made specifically for the production, but maybe we'll get lucky! :)

Easy answer basically:

12v @ 2400mah on my Sound Driver 12v/300mah draw system (32ft of wire)
lasts me well over 4.5 hours without any dimming (that was tested live in a club with lots of sound reactives) and should last at least 6 hours normally.

that helps out a lot gams! Thanks!

How does the red EL tape look? Would that be a glow a good orange color? I wonder how it would feel to be derezzed? I imagine it would make me nauseous and/or make my nipples hard :lol

Been reading through all 81 pages on this site in preparations of making my Tron 2.1 costume. I had originally created a CLU costume for halloween and eventually the movie premier. I have Instructables written up on both the costume build and helmet build if anyone is interested. I think I will be going with a foam armor build much like they used in the movie with liquid foam and the use of el tapes like some of the people on this forum.

Costume:
Tron Legacy Costume

Helmet:
Tron Legacy Helmet

Let me know what ya'll think.

Yikes! I leave this thread for a couple days and the place explodes! :eek

After thumbing through page after page of reference photos of various Tron characters, I'm now getting torn between doing Quorra or a siren. While I love Quorra's character, I wonder if I could pull off a siren better. (I've attached a couple pictures of myself at the bottom. What do you guys think? The first picture is a few years old, but it's the closest cut to Quorra's that I've had. The last picture was taken just a few weeks ago, so it's what my face looks like currently.)

Speaking of siren, I found these interesting booties on ebay. The sirens don't actually wear boots per se. I thought these looked like a decent compromise (sans cutout and the heel's a little short). But it's a decent find for someone on a budget and wear's a size 6!

Azaleia Brazilian VEGAN Wedge Retro Platform Boots 6 - eBay (item 230514341498 end time Jan-18-11 07:29:56 PST)

Here's another pair of booties - size 9

Report leather & suede wedge ankle booties off white 9 - eBay (item 280601598435 end time Jan-08-11 10:07:34 PST)

May I say/vote for 'Siren'. You have the look of the one that was getting sam's Identity Disc and the choices of shoes, I vote for the first pair(y)
Swan.JPG

After thumbing through page after page of reference photos of various Tron characters, I'm now getting torn between doing Quorra or a siren. While I love Quorra's character, I wonder if I could pull off a siren better. (I've attached a couple pictures of myself at the bottom. What do you guys think? The first picture is a few years old, but it's the closest cut to Quorra's that I've had. The last picture was taken just a few weeks ago, so it's what my face looks like currently.)

Speaking of siren, I found these interesting booties on ebay. The sirens don't actually wear boots per se. I thought these looked like a decent compromise (sans cutout and the heel's a little short). But it's a decent find for someone on a budget and wear's a size 6!

Azaleia Brazilian VEGAN Wedge Retro Platform Boots 6 - eBay (item 230514341498 end time Jan-18-11 07:29:56 PST)

Here's another pair of booties - size 9

Report leather & suede wedge ankle booties off white 9 - eBay (item 280601598435 end time Jan-08-11 10:07:34 PST)

Last edited:

Honestly, I think you can do both. I mean, in the first picture and last pictures, you look like you could pull off Quorra, but for the second one, you look like you could pull of a Siren. If you want my opinion about which one to do first, I say the Siren, as your facial structure reminds me more of a Siren first than it does Quorra. But this shouldn't discourage you from doing both (I know one of my classmates from film school that does multiple characters for cosplay, and I know some people who often do multiple characters from the same story universe).

whichever one gets you coming out with us tonight for the movie/picture meetup. Tron sign, then El Capitan movie 8pm/then 10:45 showing.
:D
Where exactly is the sign? Directly under the sign at 8pm?
And do we need to get tickets in advanced? I don't see it being sold out for gen admission at this time, but then it is the El Cap.

Where exactly is the sign? Directly under the sign at 8pm?
And do we need to get tickets in advanced? I don't see it being sold out for gen admission at this time, but then it is the El Cap.
I'm not sure exactly where it is..I'm just going to drive till I see it. and also not sure about seating. I already got my ticket. I figure the movie has been out now awhile and its a late showing so I dont think there will be a problem.

whichever one gets you coming out with us tonight for the movie/picture meetup. Tron sign, then El Capitan movie 8pm/then 10:45 showing.
:D

Oh Actordiver, you're killing me here! I live in Nashville!

Ideally I'd do both. But both costumes are very involved. With my limited resources and funds, I truly think I only have the means to do one of them. I had started with Quorra and I already have some of her costumes pieces, but nothing too committed.

Just for fun I whipped this up. :p

Oh Actordiver, you're killing me here! I live in Nashville!

Ideally I'd do both. But both costumes are very involved. With my limited resources and funds, I truly think I only have the means to do one of them. I had started with Quorra and I already have some of her costumes pieces, but nothing too committed.

Just for fun I whipped this up. :p

I don't think your appearance matters nearly as much as which would be more aesthetically pleasing / enjoyable to you. Would you have more fun making the Quorra or Siren costume?

I mean, with a wig and make-up you would pull either off pretty easily I would think so that doesn't seem like that should be the make or break selling point.

Chad

Found an interesting Tron suit tutorial over at Instructables. It uses layers of shirts and LED Ribbon to light it. Looks pretty good in my opinion. LED-lit Tron v2.0 suit

Really liked how he made that costume, but from a price aspect I don't know how feasible it is. Because his outfit looked like he should have used quite a bit more lighting to balance out most of the spots.

Unfortunately, those LED strips are 15 dollars a foot. So, if for the two costumes I want to make I need 100 feet of El Wire, that will run right around 250 dollars. Whereas if I used half the amount with those LED strips, I would still be up around 750 dollars.

Might see about using them for a disc mod though. Seems like it would be easier for those of us that aren't electrical engineers.

Chad

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back