Tron Legacy Costume

I dont know if this has been shown already as ive not gone back through the recent posts, but the new European poster has been released and it shows the white clad girl on it..You can see the light up bits are separate the rest of the suit.
Again this might already have been talked about so please ignore this post if it has lol

Last edited:
I dont know if this has been shown already as ive not gone back through the recent posts, but the new European poster has been released and it shows the white clad girl on it..You can see the light up bits are desperate the rest of the suit.
Again this might already have been talked about so please ignore this post if it has lol

Yeah I just saw this as well - although I'm not sure what you mean by "desperate" - I was going to say its interesting that on her suit the glowlines are raised, whereas on the warriors/gladiators the glowlines are recessed.

Yeah I just saw this as well - although I'm not sure what you mean by "desperate" - I was going to say its interesting that on her suit the glowlines are raised, whereas on the warriors/gladiators the glowlines are recessed.

Also, her "battery pack" looks HUGE comparatively. I wonder how much screen time that character gets? Perhaps she is only in wide shots, or extreme close-up (like the trailer). That would explain the lack of detail in her suit compared to the hero outfits.

The MPPC dont tend to show fake stuff.
also seen on these sites so if it is a fake then its got past them
New International Poster for TRON: Legacy - ComingSoon.net
International Tron Legacy Poster: Beau Garrett as Jem | /Film
ah that site gives more info on her character. She is a Siren. " The Sirens operate the Grid Game armory, equipping combatants with the armor needed to compete in the games. Jem is the lead Siren. Beau told JustJared at Comic-Con that she “felt sexy but also claustrophobic” in the suit.

“It was a very painful process struggling to move for 15 hours straight. But after I put it on, that’s when I knew how my character would move and talk.”

So she is a main character not a small part. She does feature in the main trailer and i believe she was the one at the SDCC party in costume.

Thanks. I'd be interested in knowing the source if you want to direct message me (unless you're cool with posting it in the open) The reason why I ask about the "neon green" is because there are 2 types of green I have found one blue green and the other the darker neon green like Luke Skywalker's light saber in Jedi (thats the color I'm going with)

Also, how are you planning to operate the light with a battery? I have a few samples here that have a 12V dc converter but I'm not sure how to connect them to a battery (i'm certainly not going to walk around with a 12v car battery all night ;) ) I was thinking of maybe getting a booster for a 9v and attaching it that way. What were you all thinking?

Hey Actordiver, I think there are 12V AA battery packs that hold 8 AA batteries and has a 12V connector so that it is portable. I've seen them on a couple of different websites. If you google "12V AA battery pack", it should bring up a few pages that have them. I'm thinking this is the way I'm going to go with using the cuttable EL sheets, but I have to see how much power is required.

Poster looks fake to me. If it is official it's terrible photoshop.

If you're talking about the Hungarian or other International poster with the green city in the background (I am unable to see the link), I totally agree. I had seen the background image last year sometime on some website claiming it was early TRON: Legacy concept art. It looks like they took the image of Jem from the poster that is downloadable from the official Disney site, TRON | The Official Site, cut her out of that poster and pasted her on top of that old concept art. I'm no great Photoshop master, but that was pretty much a hatchet job. The blue and the green hues just don't mix well together. It just looks really bad in my opinion, especially when compared to the poster on the official site.

Hey Actordiver, I think there are 12V AA battery packs that hold 8 AA batteries and has a 12V connector so that it is portable. I've seen them on a couple of different websites. If you google "12V AA battery pack", it should bring up a few pages that have them. I'm thinking this is the way I'm going to go with using the cuttable EL sheets, but I have to see how much power is required.

Thanks you! I'll check that out. AA's would be great cause I have a ton of rechargeable AA and that way I'm not burning through batteries like crazy. :)

If you go with cuttable EL sheets, how will you wire them, and how will you fill the empty space between unions? How many unions will you have?
The strips go from shoulder to ankle non-stop, do you realize the amount of wiring?

I'm not trying to sound pedantic please, I'm just trying to help you all not to waste time, and money! I'm just trying to be realistic.

Oh, but if you have the skills to make the amount of wiring, my apologize please. I just don't have it.

There are 12V batteries, plenty BLISTER 1 PILAS ALCALINA 12V TIPO CR23 (LRV08)
Why do you want to carry 8AA?
I will go with 2 inverters of 9V batt each, and 10 meters of EL Wire for each side of the body. That's it.

But why don't you go with 2.5mm EL wire (brightest in the world), at least twice than 2.3, and play with it? Is cheaper if you buy in the US.
Please read my previous post.

But if you have high budget, better go for Elastolite, and forget all this. :lol

My apologize to everyone if I sound pedantic or cocky, not my intention, my english is not very good, I do my best...:angel

Frak.

I haven't been a member of the RPF long enough to view that link or something...

This is the one I'm talking about:

syrenK.jpg

Anyone planning on doing a white Kevin Flynn or Quorra suite?

http://www.therpf.com/f12/all-things-tron-legacy-89091/index4.html

what would be a good way to hold the identity disc to the back of the costume, and would you be able to remove it an put it back?

If you go with cuttable EL sheets, how will you wire them, and how will you fill the empty space between unions? How many unions will you have?
The strips go from shoulder to ankle non-stop, do you realize the amount of wiring?

I'm not trying to sound pedantic please, I'm just trying to help you all not to waste time, and money! I'm just trying to be realistic.

Oh, but if you have the skills to make the amount of wiring, my apologize please. I just don't have it.

There are 12V batteries, plenty BLISTER 1 PILAS ALCALINA 12V TIPO CR23 (LRV08)
Why do you want to carry 8AA?
I will go with 2 inverters of 9V batt each, and 10 meters of EL Wire for each side of the body. That's it.

But why don't you go with 2.5mm EL wire (brightest in the world), at least twice than 2.3, and play with it? Is cheaper if you buy in the US.
Please read my previous post.

But if you have high budget, better go for Elastolite, and forget all this. :lol

My apologize to everyone if I sound pedantic or cocky, not my intention, my english is not very good, I do my best...:angel

Hey Kai, thanks for the input. Yes, the strips were pretty much continuous all the way down the body, but that was ELastolite. I don't have the money for that stuff. If you look closely on some of the set images, here's one for reference (WARNING - HUGE IMAGE): http://media-file.net/7/tron/images...ph Kosinski on the set of TRON LEGACY_jpg.jpg, there are several places where the "lighting" is not continuous, so that was kind of where I was planning to make some breaks. For the longer segments that might require a few strips, the cuttable EL sheet can be layered on top of itself, according to the EL sheet website, to create a seamless field of light. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm hoping that will work. And yes, that will end up creating a good number of wires. I'm a total newbie at all this, so it may end up a total disaster, but the only way to know if it works is to try, right? I am hoping to make a few test segments soon. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

As for power, from what I've read in my research on all this, EL sheet requires a bit more power than EL wire. That makes sense because the surface area is much greater with EL sheet, therefore having greater power requirements. But since the EL sheet is cuttable (into strips), I don't think I'll need huge amounts of power as a single A4 sized sheet will probably go a good length when cut into half-inch or one inch wide strips. I'll probably need 2 or 3, maybe even 4 sheets total. Again, it's probably something I just have to test out and see if it will work.

The reason I mentioned the 8 AA battery holder is because it's recommended on a few EL sites and also it's readily available here in the United States. It's a common battery standard here, and since we'll be powering up our suits for several hours, the 8 AA holder will probably provide the necessary power requirements for that length of time. Plus, you can swap out rechargeables pretty easily. :)

Good luck on your suit! I hope that we are ALL successful and can post some pictures of our glowy awesomeness! :D

what would be a good way to hold the identity disc to the back of the costume, and would you be able to remove it an put it back?

Hi Johnny, I've heard of people using small, fairly powerful magnets to hold things in place, so that might be an option. I'm totally new to all this, so maybe some of the experienced costumers can give you a better suggestion.

Thanks for posting that image of Jem, Soulinertia. I had that as my background for a few weeks (presently it's the lovely Quorra...LOL!). I think there are a few members on here that are planning to make Quorra and/or Jem costumes. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Hey Kai, thanks for the input. Yes, the strips were pretty much continuous all the way down the body, but that was ELastolite. I don't have the money for that stuff. If you look closely on some of the set images, here's one for reference (WARNING - HUGE IMAGE): http://media-file.net/7/tron/images...ph Kosinski on the set of TRON LEGACY_jpg.jpg, there are several places where the "lighting" is not continuous, so that was kind of where I was planning to make some breaks. For the longer segments that might require a few strips, the cuttable EL sheet can be layered on top of itself, according to the EL sheet website, to create a seamless field of light. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm hoping that will work. And yes, that will end up creating a good number of wires. I'm a total newbie at all this, so it may end up a total disaster, but the only way to know if it works is to try, right? I am hoping to make a few test segments soon. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

As for power, from what I've read in my research on all this, EL sheet requires a bit more power than EL wire. That makes sense because the surface area is much greater with EL sheet, therefore having greater power requirements. But since the EL sheet is cuttable (into strips), I don't think I'll need huge amounts of power as a single A4 sized sheet will probably go a good length when cut into half-inch or one inch wide strips. I'll probably need 2 or 3, maybe even 4 sheets total. Again, it's probably something I just have to test out and see if it will work.

The reason I mentioned the 8 AA battery holder is because it's recommended on a few EL sites and also it's readily available here in the United States. It's a common battery standard here, and since we'll be powering up our suits for several hours, the 8 AA holder will probably provide the necessary power requirements for that length of time. Plus, you can swap out rechargeables pretty easily. :)

Good luck on your suit! I hope that we are ALL successful and can post some pictures of our glowy awesomeness! :D

Thanks for the update!
Yes, I saw those small black points on the picture, but I thought it was for the elastolite not to unglue (wich I think it happened), if you look at Sam's left thight, you will even see the rubber ungluing from the suit. I recognize those small balck points as "stress points reinforce pads", exactly as I have on my wetsuit...on the inside. Why are those on the outside? CG magic fixes everything hahaha!!

I didn't thought about layering the Tape on itself, good point, but...just thinking on wiring, my mind blocks. If you success with it, please share!!
And good luck!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back