robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 11/6/10 Pics of my pepped arm on page 2!

So far what ive peped has been pretty good...the unfolds are good

Balmung did you stay with the original scale? So far seems to be working pretty good for me. The lines on the peice look very clean by the way!

no, I'm using a scale to 5'9 feet, I just need to lose a few pounds to fit right at the cod

@balmung: that looks pretty awesome too....
thx ^^

and yeh the right arm looks the same as the left in the 3d view but on the 2d side everything is flipped....

should be getting back onto the modeling tonight once i've finished pepping these shoulder bells...first up....umm....not sure....lol....

but there should be something for you all to look at.....

It's the helmet?
:love

Last edited:

It's the helmet?
:love

nah i won't be doing a helmet....sharkheads new one is the one you see atop the model and its the one I recommend using for this suit...

hmmm?....what are you thinking master stealth?......perhaps you are considering building this suit......and perhaps that would be awesome....

hmmm?....what are you thinking master stealth?......perhaps you are considering building this suit......and perhaps that would be awesome....

wow....a great modeler and psychic.

It would be kind of cool to have both suits from iron man 2

I'll just wait till you're done modeling the whole thing first and see
since I love how you can interchange the chest

It would be good to build it myself so I can give feedback on it like I did for WM. Plus it would give the shorter dudes an idea on scaling since I dont mind building a couple of times till Its just right.

anyways man, this is all talk for now, still working on other things

Keep up the awesome work. I'm always watching this thread :)

Last edited:

wow....a great modeler and psychic.

It would be kind of cool to have both suits from iron man 2

I'll just wait till you're done modeling the whole thing first and see
since I love how you can interchange the chest

It would be good to build it myself so I can give feedback on it like I did for WM. Plus it would give the shorter dudes an idea on scaling since I dont mind building a couple of times till Its just right.

anyways man, this is all talk for now, still working on other things

Keep up the awesome work. I'm always watching this thread :)

sounds good no rush though....lol.....i just know you do really good work and it'd be nice to see you do the model....

sounds good no rush though....lol.....i just know you do really good work and it'd be nice to see you do the model....

Can you change the scale of his helmet for a equal to your armor?

Can you change the scale of his helmet for a equal to your armor?

I made my suit to match his helmet so you should be set to go at the default scale

i'll put a link to sharkhead's helmet up in my first post if you don't have it....

oh and as a little tease (i don't have any modeling shots as i didn't get much done....) but here's whats coming next....

hand.jpg

Oh yeah!!! this will rock! :love

I made my suit to match his helmet so you should be set to go at the default scale

i'll put a link to sharkhead's helmet up in my first post if you don't have it....

oh and as a little tease (i don't have any modeling shots as i didn't get much done....) but here's whats coming next....

hand.jpg

hand.jpg

cant wait for this!! i need some gloves for my suit badly. :thumbsup

Hey guys - i joined therpf just so i could post on this thread - i wanted to tell robo how epic his papercraft files are

I also was making the bicep and ran into something that was confusing me... it seems to be to low on my arm, as it get in the way when i try and touch my head - is this normal, or should i make it smaller? it seems right diameter, just not length o_O Im also only 5'8", so that might be an issue - Ill post pictures later after work of the problem. - ty in advance!

Out of curiosity, is there a tutorial on how to resize. Meaning, do we have to have the full version of the Pepakura software or can we use MS Paint somehow that's ready available?

To add, it be great if there was a shared list of sizes based on heights for others just to punch in the numbers. Perhaps another thread?

Out of curiosity, is there a tutorial on how to resize. Meaning, do we have to have the full version of the Pepakura software or can we use MS Paint somehow that's ready available?

To add, it be great if there was a shared list of sizes based on heights for others just to punch in the numbers. Perhaps another thread?

Over at the 405th there is a section devoted to pepakura with many helpful tutorials. However, it is currently transferring its forums to a new host. Hopefully this will be done soon as there is a particular scaling thread I know many would find helpful. Once the site is back up I'll post a link to it here.

Simul8r: Scaling isn't that difficult with Pep. yes you need Designer, but even without a password you can scale a pdo to fit, I recommend measuring your width for the part IE helmet, measure your head width, setting it via the rescale mode to your width + 2-5 (for padding). then just to be sure, measure your height and check that against what pep says, if they are pretty close then your good to go.

BTW Robo, great job man, and come on hand, I've been remodeling the mk3 hand, but the mk4 hand is so much better I'll likely use that finger design on my mk3 suit.

Anyone willing to print a set out for me? I dont have a printer :-/

Hey guys - i joined therpf just so i could post on this thread - i wanted to tell robo how epic his papercraft files are

I also was making the bicep and ran into something that was confusing me... it seems to be to low on my arm, as it get in the way when i try and touch my head - is this normal, or should i make it smaller? it seems right diameter, just not length o_O Im also only 5'8", so that might be an issue - Ill post pictures later after work of the problem. - ty in advance!

hmm...i'll wait until i see the pics before i make my final suggestion but the arm is designed to sit quite high on your arm, so push it up as far as it will comfortably go and see how it is then.....

otherwise you might have to trim a little off the top and out of the scoop on the side to make it fit better.....

i'll have pictures soon to show how the whole arm (shoulder bells and all) looks together.....

EDIT: here are the pics.......not the best quality, it was late and just before i went to bed and the lighting in my room is terrible.....also note the extreme need for a shave and a haircut....lol

037tv.jpg
038xv.jpg

Last edited:

Sweetness! My helmet looks cool on your model. =3
lol
Wicked pep files so far, the arm looks great pepped. :D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back