PIH auction 40 false item LOT #913 Alien 3 head

dimue

Hi there, just checked online cataloque as i may want to bid on the alien 3 head but i am very sure this is never alien 3 head and hands as it did not match ..even to the added movie still in auction !!! this item is ..to me..def. a head & hand set from Alien 4 !!!!????
seems like bad research to me ..especially for a high priced item such as alien busts !!!
Am i wrong ???
regards
D.

here original description !!!

913. Screen-used Alien head and hands from Alien³. (TCF, 1992) Screen-used Alien head and hands from Alien³. The head is molded in dense ABS plastic and painted a rich glossy brown with silver teeth. It features a foam latex neck with integral helmet, chin strap, eye and breathing holes to allow the actor to move about comfortably during the action sequences. The alien hands are gloves of foam latex with resin claws. The head measures 35 ½ in. long x 17 in. tall (on base), the gloves measures 21 in. long. It exhibits some cracking of the paint; otherwise, very good condition.

I agree with you...initially. I immediately assumed it was an Alien 4 piece when I saw it, and then completely forgot the description said Alien 3 until you brought it up here.

But upon further research, I can confirm that Amalgamated Dynamics did work on Alien 3 (the name is seen on the base), and the hands appear to indeed be from the "Dog Alien" in the movie:

http://www.afhub.com/images/hottoys/alien_3/11_alien3_dog_alien.jpg

The flattened rear of the head of the Profiles piece, however, seems to place that component in Alien 4 (see photo in link above).

Phil

Hi thanks for info !!!
if you see at movie stills added to auction you can get a clear view at the hands and they look totally different !!!
i too own the ADI Alien 3 warrior maquette replica and sideshows Alien maquette made from rod puppet molds which have different hands !!! so to me these are 150% Alien 4 items !!!
LOL

regards

D.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back