Judge Dredd Mega City book of law

Dredd64

Dear all,
I would like to make a Judge Dredd Mega City book of law !
Does any body would know the exact size of that book ?
I am also interested by any good close up, detailed photos
Thank youuuuuuuuuu
Dredd64

That looks like a 192 page 80gsm Hardcase book with head & tail, 1cm ribbon, gilt edge and round gold corners. Design is hot gold stamping with cover material which could be paper based and measurement is about 89mm x 165mm.

Then again, I could be wrong as I am never good with measuring from screen.

No problem but I am very sure the dimensions I posted could be way off since I learnt that a lot of diaries are custom made to specs. Sure you hav the 'basic' standard measurement, but there are a lot of variations like adding or subtracting a few mm, more pages, etc. Anyway, this is my new job as Sales in a factory printing *ta-daa* Diaries.

Yeah, we could make those but the gold corners would not have the mini square dents. Unfortunately, to do a run, the volume would need to be 3000 books or so:lol

Someone requested/suggested me to take a shot at this. I think I have the means to do it but I do have some questions.

I have some ideas for the inner pages. I can make 4 pages of laws (or more if I had help) and fill the whole book. Or print the laws lighter than black and you can write over it (like notebook with text as background). Or just leave the whole book blank. Which do you like best?

So, how many people are interested if it falls in the $50 range?

===
Update: I'm now taking orders of the book. Check out the link below.

Book of Law for sale thread

bol%2002.jpg

Last edited:
You can make Laws for every page.
There are some in Judge Dredd RPG's, and i believe in a place like 200AD board you can find many people wishing to help in Law making.

Personally, i would like the book to have laws in it, like a real thing.
This is the way i would do it, if i was not to lazy in writing hundredths of laws and if if i had the means to process the leather for the cover.

I can't buy one though....
I am gathering money for a drill press two years now...:cry

It's actually need thousands of laws to fill in hundreds of pages, or a lot of redundant repeats like no sugar, no candy, no caramel...etc.

Or just use blank notebook pages, write your own laws (and significantly lowered the price to $20 range), or just use it as a REALLY cool, heads turning notebook. You don't need to open the book when it's placed next to your lawgiver anyway, right? Cover is so much better than two pages of text lol.

It's actually need thousands of laws to fill in hundreds of pages, or a lot of redundant repeats like no sugar, no candy, no caramel...etc.

Or just use blank notebook pages, write your own laws (and significantly lowered the price to $20 range), or just use it as a REALLY cool, heads turning notebook. You don't need to open the book when it's placed next to your lawgiver anyway, right? Cover is so much better than two pages of text lol.

Or just simply use a big font to fill out the pages with the laws....

Why not take your City or state Code; which are available on line; and just scale it to size. replace the City or State with Mega City and you have a book of laws.

Here is my local cities code link if you want to use or for ideas

eCode360

i would totally drop 50 on one of these...pounding it down on a table at con, in full Judge armor, and yelling "I am the LAW!"....id be so happy:lol

I've found some laws from the comics, and I've wrote all the municipal codes from the movie. That'll be enough for a few pages... or will be good enough to repeat themselves through out.

Using real laws is a good idea, but you still need to mod it to make it fun to read, otherwise it's almost the same like filling it with repeated pages.

The real problem is interest level.

Why not take your City or state Code; which are available on line; and just scale it to size. replace the City or State with Mega City and you have a book of laws.

Here is my local cities code link if you want to use or for ideas

eCode360

Laws of today's cities or states, are not harsh enough like the laws in the future Mega City 1 that you can say they are totalitarian.

So, work is needed again to convert them in more Dredd like laws.

I insist that Dredd RPGs have many material that can be used...

Anyway, if this book is actually going to happen, i volunteer to help in the law making. :cool

The attached is the laws I gathered from websites and movie dialogs. It's txt file but I had to make it zip to be able to attach it.

It's actually pretty interesting to read, although it's only a brief excerpt. I especially liked "Illegal Sugar Possession" which can get you put away for 2 years.

I don't own a RPG book so I don't know what's in it.

I would be interested in one of them if it were blank as it may cost about $30 less, I can fill it myself when I get around to it. =]

I made the cover with my spare time, so this thing is a GO. I can now easily make some blank books of law.

cover%20draft.jpg

The book will have 400 pages (200 sheets of paper). If we're to fill it with REAL fake laws, with 6 entries per page, it will need 2400 entries.

I've made two inner pages draft, one of them is my idea for a notebook page. Most people won't use it as notebook, but it'll be really fun when you take that out of your backpack.

These are ALL the laws from the movie dialogs.

laws%2001.jpg

laws%2002.jpgg

Or Spartan375, are you ready to tackle 2394 Mega City Municipal codes? :love

So which one do you like? The notebook will be considerably cheaper.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back