Judge Dredd Mega City book of law

Mongoose Publishing do a range of books to accompany Dredd RPGing as it is still popular in some circles. They are doing an ongoing series called 'The Mega City One Archives' which aims to cover EVERYTHING in the Dredd universe.

Volume 1 is on The Justice Department and contains a large section on Sentencing.

Code 1: Homicide
Section 1: Premeditated murder of a Judge during the execution of his duty- LIFE. Now that seemed odd when I read it, execution would make sense for that crime.

The only crimes punishable by execution are:

Code 3: City Security
Section 3: Collaboration with a hostile foreign power during wartime: Execution
Section 4: Interfering with a Judge engaged in protecting the security of Mega City One: Execution (WTF?)

Note that Section 1: Treason or espionage: Life....very odd

My favourite is this one

Code 10: Illegal Imprisonment & Abduction
Section 1: Kidnap (abduction with ransom demand):20 years-life

Okay? Then further down

Section 6: Incitement to further kidnapping (paying a ransom): 5-10 years...wow. life in the Big Meg is harsh, huh? :D

Well it turned out to be MUCH harder than I expected, but I finally found a factory willing to make such a complicated book. I will keep you all updated!

Here we are, here we are !!! (y)thumbsup
Thanks a lot guys for your great job work !! :love:love
You can count on me for ONE !
Cheers
Bruno

Mega City-One Laws

this site has quite a few offences from the comics listed. that'll help fill things up bit.

what you might also want to do is find something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PNLD-Points-prove-handbook-police-reference-guide-/190450585284?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item2c57bd4ec4

this is uk law basics. the reason I say use this is because although MGC-1 is set in the leftovers of the USA, it was written in britain and bits and pieces of the laws mentioned borrow heavily from UK legislation,

I've got some good sources from the internet, and have been collecting laws from Mega city, but it's still far from completed law book. Maybe we can use shared document so anyone can input laws.

But right now I will first make a run of notebooks with laws from the film, and something extra just for fun.

I have started a FS thread in the JY. Go there and have a look! :)

Book of Law for sale thread

bol%2002.jpg

reveived and displayed !!
Thanks again Kevin !

wow Dredd64 your collection is amazing!!! Ive always wanted the Medicom figure but could never justify the $300 dollars for it on ebay. i love the display! My helmet should be in soon to add to my book and Lawgiver kit!

This is an old thread but I just found out something funny, ebay user "costumebase" had recast my book of law.

It's not just the look, they copied the content as well, down to the fake laws in each note page! They of course copied my entire item description (why not, they've copied everything else!), the funny thing is they copied my first version which has the wrong aspect ratio (fatter), although the description they copied is for my new version. :lol

This wasn't the first time but it's different than recast my cubit or inception totem, the fact they even copied my invented content and auction description is just too low. :/

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back