My Life-Size Han Solo In Carbonite Project - 2nd Attempt

Awesome work.I know I am late to the show here,but if it still for sale what would the cost be?I don't have the patience to build one I would rather buy.Thanks.

Awesome work.I know I am late to the show here,but if it still for sale what would the cost be?I don't have the patience to build one I would rather buy.Thanks.

This will be for sale, but I am postponing it until I get the materials to start my 3rd and final Han. I haven't settled on a final price yet.

I really enjoyed looking at your build and reading your tech on how you worked through all. These are by far my favorite kind of inspiring threads. Kudos!

That is just awesome! My wife LOVES anything SW so I should need little convincing to add this to my to-do list for my man cave. Excellent work! Thanks for the idea about using the glue, I think I might be able to use that for some other projects I'll be working on.

Stormrider on dented helmet is selling his full front casts of HIC now as a limited run. I just ordered mine and he needs a minimum of three orders so I thought Id share in case anyone else is interested in taking on this project. Message me for a link or check out the Cargo Hold Board on that site.

I think the problem I keep having in my painting process is dealing with even tones when I should let it me imperfect. I'm using a spray called Weathered Steel from rustoleum and it's got an awesome effect, but it's hard to make look even around the cabinet frame. I now keep coming across photos of the carbonite and have to remind myself that making it all even is probably not the desired effect to have because it isn't supposed to be that way!

I need to update my thread of progress. I take lots of photos, but I never put them up except on my facebook.

Love that Death Star Hangar backdrop!

When I switched web hosting providers this thread lost all the photos. I ended up losing some pics and video, but since this thread has over 40,000 views and because I think I was the first one who pioneered the Elmers glue technique for the carbonite, I wanted to keep the thread alive. There have been so many fantastic HIC builds the last few years that mine has been basically rendered irrelevant; but I wanted to update it anyway for reference. I have re-posted most of the pics and added one final one below of HIC in his new location in my Death Star Hangar!

IMG_0672.JPG

I get a lot of messages asking for dimensions so I thought I would post this. I am not the creator and don't take credit for these blueprints, can't even remember where I got these, maybe the HIC Builders Club? Had them for a few years so I am not sure. The measurements are in mm. Hopefully it helps those who want to take on this project......

View attachment HIC Blueprint.pdf

Re: My Life-Size Han Solo In Carbonite Project and Base - 2nd Attempt

How many gallons of elmers do you need

Glad to see people still checking out my thread and so many people trying my glue technique! Over 48,000 views, pretty cool.

I believed I used around 2, 2.5 gallons.

Last edited:
from long time i'm looking for Han Solo i carbonite 3D model or scan in HD resolution if any one can share or any info please
thx all JackG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Can anyone confirm the shoe tips are different.
I have bought a mould kit and they are both the same
Thanks in advance

His shoes are different. Han's right foot sticks out a little more because his right leg is not as deep in the carbonite. I think there is even a pic in this thread that gives you a pretty good view.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back