"Captain America: The First Avenger" - first concept art! What´s the movie gonna be?

Re: "Captain America: The First Avenger" - first concept art! What´s the movie gonna

I actually really like this design...:) It still pays homage to Caps costumes in the past but giving it a realistic/military feel.

Last edited:
Re: "Captain America: The First Avenger" - first concept art! What´s the movie gonna

I think they just need to make the helmet a bit more angular. It seems to round, almost like a bald cap. I think if they flatten out the side and give it some "stitching" like the Ultimates costume, it would look leagues better. Hopefully, the costume designers are tweaking it a bit as we speak. They also need to change that "A" font. It needs to be bolder and sharper.

I like the rest of the suit though. It has a good mix of the traditional comic suit and modern movie style costuming. :thumbsup

Holy crap! Great work George!

:thumbsup

I re-post this image I posted in the costuming section of the concept art slightly reworked on Photoshop (5 minutes of work actually) that woul improve the design a bit (for my tastes at least)...
But only if this is going to be the "modern" costume...
ng8u9k.jpg

That's a really good compromise IMHO. One of the comic Ultimate versions had the wings painted on the helmet and I like that a lot more than the physical birdy wings.

Cap's costume has always looked like it was designed by a government subcommittee to me... "Y'know, the sides of his head have a blank spot, can we put something there? How about wings? Will wings fit? Oh, and throw in some fishscale chainmail somewhere while you're at it. The boss read an issue of Aquaman once and thought it'd be a good idea." ;)

I agree with you on the X-Men... it was okay but it was kind of X-Motocross more than X-Men. But then, I'm one of the few people on the planet that I think actually wants to see Wolverine in some version of his mask with the big face wing things. I don't know how they could come up with anything that is even a theoretically practical explanation for that but I'd still like to see it in some form so I totally get your view on this.

I'm anxious to see what DC is doing with Green Lantern's costume... that's gonna be interesting having a completely CG costume on a live action actor.

The one thing I really like is the Anodized look to he Shield!

I wonder IF they are going to use the Triangular Shield earlier in the Film?

25-captainamerica.jpg

I'm also really looking forward to the Bucky Costume designs...

bucky.jpg

and see how the Red Skull turns out!

380864-66670-red-skull_super.jpg

Well this kinda sucks...

From superherohype.com:

"Fans may recall that early reports had Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige claiming that The Invaders would fight along Captain America in the film, but it was later revealed that Feige was actually referring to The Howling Commandos."

I was really looking forward to seeing the original Human Torch, Namor and Union Jack.

Hope its more like this

99408193.jpg

That's a fantastic rendition of Cap IMHO. I'd love to see that as the WW2 costume. I've loved the leather flight helmet looking thing with the blue helmet over it since the first comic version I saw with that design.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back