Captain Americas movie costume details

I would not mind if the Captain America costume came out looking like this:

Kotobukiya Captain America and Thor:
kotoMarvels.jpg

Ryu

The movie thor costume is very close to that so I think the flashy USO costume they mentioned might be very might close to the look of the statue. I can't wait to see some pics of the real suit I'll be doing this suit for sure.

I always love Captain America suits but it is one to easily mess up if not done the right way. Let's hope they get it right!

Ahaha I forgot they were making a Cap'n America movie. I just remember that old old one that came out a while ago. I should rewatch that, from what I can remember it was rediculous. I'm very excited to hear they're keeping it WWII-era. Now I'm somewhat curious to see it!

Of those costume design previews in that first post, I like the first one best. XD Something about those stripes...

funniest thing about the cap america movie... (not the pathetic reb brown ones with the motorbike helmet) but the latex suited one was the fact that if you look close the mask had rubber ears glued to it. got to say i did like the red skull make up though and for the time it wasnt actualy bad. mmmm idea for a project.... silicone red skull mask...

funniest thing about the cap america movie... (not the pathetic reb brown ones with the motorbike helmet) but the latex suited one was the fact that if you look close the mask had rubber ears glued to it. got to say i did like the red skull make up though and for the time it wasnt actualy bad. mmmm idea for a project.... silicone red skull mask...

Oh man I remember that now! Ahahaha yeah I think I was like eight or something, and I remember the Red Skull dude being terrifying and being a total girl about the "Scary parts" but loving it all the same. XD Yeah, def. need to rewatch asap now. Shame I don't have a VHS player anymore...

I'd totally support seeing a project like that. :love

I really like the fan's interpretation and could definitely see that working. The red stripes being part of a parachute-like harness is pretty clever. That statue looks like the costume he was sporting in Captain American: Reborn which I thought was a good mix of functional and stylistic. I think they're on the right track with this.

I have no doubt they will change the costume a lot for the Avengers. I mean, come on, is there a single superhero movie where the costume didn't change? The only exception I can think of is Spider-Man 1 & 2 but that is because the costume is so close to the source material.

I love the WWII design, but you gotta wonder...does'nt that big ol' star in the center of his chest make him an easy target:lol

In the comics, Steve Rogers said that his reflexes were so quick, he could see bullets as they were approaching. So having a star on his chest is not that big a deal.

This design does look more modern, like it was influenced by The Ultimates. It might be a touch too modern for a WWII setting, but perhaps it will look right when they do color fading/desaturation like they did in Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.

The "A" looks weak but at least the costume is immediately recognizable to those who are only casually familiar with Cap. The WWII design of The Ultimates, as much as I love it, is a design not recognized by the general public.

i don't like that design at all. i love the ultimates version. the costume in the pic does not remind me of WWII at all, looks like something the flash would wear.

get rid of the shoulder pads, put some paratrooper pants on him.

JMHO.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back