Colin Cantwell Prototype TIE - Research Thread

that's kind of where I'm headed with this. At the moment I have the TIE complete, and an X-wing, Y-Wing, and Pirate Ship which are 90% there. All I need is a Cantwell Death Star and I can start production on a reenactment of the battle of Yavin. That's the dream anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the one ship I still wouldn't have would be Vader's. That'll be a fun one, designing a Cantwell Advance TIE

Kitbashed some parts off the Cantwell X and Y-wings to complete Vader's TIE as it might have been prototyped.

attachment.png

attachment.png

attachment.png

Attachments

• atie.png
    atie.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 1,446
  • atie02.png
    atie02.png
    290.1 KB · Views: 802
  • atie03.png
    atie03.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 973
I love it. If you photoshopped it into ILM archive pics and hit me with a partial wing as a hidden discovery on April 1st; I would have fallen extremely hard for that. I want to believe.

- Mike

Beautiful renders! It's very funny to me how these are pretty bad looking designs, yet are immediately recognizable to their final design counterparts! Everything must start as something, and we can be glad these were concept designs :)

I really want to see him release the picnic table pics! He showed me a whole binder of them - from his back yard, lol!

Wow, those would be great to see. I thought he said he didn't have any more photos. Does he sell those at his appearances?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back