Bowcaster Parts

Another message from Bernard Horton, who gives us a possible name for the correct crossbow:

Hello Matt,

A little more info for you. The Company that took over the selling of the crossbow was called 'Gunmark' Based in Winchester. The owner was one of the Directors of SinglePoint, his name was Bjorn Waktare. I believe the crossbow was simply sold as the 'Gunmark Crossbow'.
I trust this is of some use to you.
Regards Bernard Horton.

Google turns up nothing, but still.

I don't know if this is of use or has been posted before. I believe this was a mockup prior to the finished model that appeared on screen. Not any concrete info on the picture.

cross2.jpg

Has anyone ever found a prod that is close? I think it is likely fiberglass though I'm just guessing. I've had a hard time finding prods anywhere.

How much material are you removing from the front of the bow? I have yet to remove any of it myself, but its obvious there is too much material there.

I was hoping to bump this as its been several months. I'd really love to see some of the reference photos restored. Why isn't this ARCHIVED?

Here is a current picture. I have yet to find or construct a prod or the front barrel sight and barrel mount greeblies.

bowcaster.jpg

A little bit more work on mine. I reduced the grip flare and pattern and removed the dark plastic butt caps. I sure would love to see a run of knobs.

bowcaster_smooth-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cool.

Do the black plastic parts simply pop off?
How did you reduce the flare / pattern on the grip?...by simply sanding it down or did you puttied it up/ sanded it smooth?

Markus

The black parts simply un-screwed.

The flare and pattern, I hit with a disc sander a little bit, but removed most of it by hand with a file.

I modified the scopes and scope mount to work together tonight and mounted them. I hope to do additional work this weekend. Maybe even some rough assembly. It is my hope to have something completed for the Oklahoma prop party at the end of June. I really need to find a suitable prod. Anyone else working on theirs? Any other new developments?

Evan

can´t wait for the updated pics...too bad I still didn´t have the chance to hollow out my safari frame :cry

Markus

I did all the hollowing out/filling/sanding on the frame but put the project on hold until machined side plates and the knobs that haven't been identified yet were being offered. Sadly that seems to have fallen by the way side :(

can´t wait for the updated pics...too bad I still didn´t have the chance to hollow out my safari frame :cry

Markus

I didn't do any work today, my nephew's birthday kept me busy. Here are new pics with scopes attached. I filed the inner scope rings on each side and underneath to accommodate the outer scope rings. i also filed down the mounts on the bow to better fit the 3/8" rings.

bowcaster_scoped2copy.jpg

bowcaster_scoped1.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back