Bowcaster Parts

I've re-emailed Bernard Horton regarding pics and more info on the Horton Monarch Supreme. Kurtyboy mentioned that the folks he spoke to at Horton claimed to have only one in the entire U.S. company, and I mentioned this in my email. Hopefully we'll get some info on this.

I also have a few questions about the scopes.
Regarding the single-point scope, who was the manufacterer and when was it produced? Does it have any other name besides "single-point scope" such as a model name or model number?

Regarding the flanking scopes. This person that found the as of yet unidentified scope (the Original model one that is suspected to be from a Remmington rifle), how did he know it was the bowcaster scope?

Also, does anyone have any pictures of a converted Barnett Commando Xbow? I know Bobadept made one and I imagine a few others did, too.

Originally posted by JediToren@Jan 8 2006, 07:38 PM
I also have a few questions about the scopes.
Regarding the single-point scope, who was the manufacterer and when was it produced? Does it have any other name besides "single-point scope" such as a model name or model number?

Regarding the flanking scopes. This person that found the as of yet unidentified scope (the Original model one that is suspected to be from a Remmington rifle), how did he know it was the bowcaster scope?
[snapback]1153934[/snapback]​

The Single Point scope was made in England by Singlepoint (Great Britain) Ltd.
It was made in the 1970's there might be more detailed info on the scope itself such as a model number or serial number but that wouldn't really help you find one.

The flanking scopes are identified by the markings. The same scopes are used on the Dr. Evazan blaster and we have nice big detailed photos of that blaster that show the scope markings.

I hope to find another pair of scope rings like the Fett rings or maybe 2 pairs if I can't match what I've got. I put in an order for some of the correct knobs.

Here is what I started with.

bowcasterstart.jpg

This is after a little work tonight. I still need to clean up the area I cut up.

bowcasterparts.jpg

Looking good so far :)

WHat are you going to do with the incorrect bow?
Have you found a substitute for it?
I have a Safari mysely, which I´d like to convert in the future.

BTW: Will you cut out the extra piece right behind the trigger too?

Markus

What piece behind the trigger? I'm working on cutting out the part right behind the grip. I'm not sure about the bow. I'm certainly open for recommendations.

You know, the reason I cut that way in the first place was because Lordsandy did it. :lol Do you have anything new to show Lordsandy?

I wish I had better tools than a dremel and a hacksaw. I'm going to be cleaning it up for a while.

Here is a minor update
bowcasterminorupdt.jpg

Edit: It's already looking more wookie like. :D

Looking good :)

Is your SP a real one, painted black, a cast of a real one or a modded biker scout toy-blaster scope?

BTW: I have pics of my bc at home. A Barnett Commando :)
Will post them tonight.

Markus

It's resin. I think it's a cast of an inaccurate version with cone tip added. I'll likely cut off the tip and replace it with a clear cap.

I hope to see your pics soon.

I was thinking the coiled plastic from a stay-put pen might work for the small coiled wire. I picked one up today from the office supply for $3.00.

Finally got off my butt and made a start on my Bowcaster.

Here's where I am after three days of hack saws, files and much sweat and tears :p

Notice at the front of the crossbow I have cut some of the frame off, both in the inside and outside.

cut_filing.jpg

bow_cut1.jpg

bow_cut2.jpg

Hey...nice files :lol

Looking good so far.
If only we´d knew more about the BC, I´d have started my 2nd build earlier. Right now all parts are still hidden in a number of boxes and drawers :$

BTW: Any news reg the sideplates?

Evan: Here are pics of my old BC I built about 5-6 years ago with just the small chronicles pics for reference. YES, I know I didn´t remove the cap from one of the inaccurate scopes :lol

bc-back.jpg

bc-front.jpg

bc-left.jpg

bc-right.jpg

bc-top.jpg

bc-detail1.jpg

bc-detail2.jpg

Markus

Since the tread is alive again I though I would throw this up. We've figured these are probably the correct balls for the bowcaster for some time but haven't been able to find them locally until recently. They are a nice dense foam with a smooth skin and have a seam line that looks to match really well. They are just barely under 2.5 inches in Diameter.

HPB_01.jpg

HPB_02.jpg

HPB_03.jpg

Chris
www.partsofsw.com

CHRIS :) THATS GREAT.. THAT CONFIRMS WHAT P.MAYHEW TOLD ME ABOUT "RAQUETBALL" RUBBER BALLS BEING ON THE ENDS...did those come from the UK? curt

Well, they aren't racquet balls but its easy enough to understand why he might have thought so. They actually bounce pretty well and feel a lot like a raquet ball. but they are solid foam so they'll be a lot easier to fit to the ends of the crossbow prod.

I'm in the US (Cincinnati, OH specifically) and they came from a little local toy store. They aren't expensive either about $1.05 after tax. Its nice to have a part that doesn't make me cringe when buying it. I've seen them online in the past but the descriptions were always vague enough to make me wonder whether they were the same foam balls I was looking for or a more racquetball-like rubber version.

Chris
www.partsofsw.com

One of the Dented Helmet guys has been reading this thread, but can't post since registration still hasn't opened up. He asked me to post this for him:

Originally posted by Ripcode

I noticed the barrel/front sight looked like a barrel off an Enfield rifle. I sent a picture of the Bowcaster to my friend Dave who is somewhat of an Enfield expert (That is what he mainly collects and studys). This was his reply:

"I did some examination of my Enfields when I got home, comparing the barrel contour and sight location between the No1 and No4, and I have to change my first thoughts. The barrel on the Wookie bowcaster came from a No4 Enfield based on the setback of the sight and shape of the muzzle. The fact the sight protector is also built from a NO4's protector also makes me believe this to be true."

I hope this info will be helpful to you guys.

Ripcode from The Dented Helmet.

TK, that's potentially great news.

I checked out some Enfield sites and I don't really see what your friend is talking about. Please check with him and see if he can offer up some pictures to illustrate.

Speaking of pictures, I've been in the lab brewing up a bit of wholesome, buttery goodness.

leftplateknobssmall.jpg

rightplateknobssmall.jpg

Project will soon be underway. Just wanted to check with you guys first to see if I missed anything. Yes, I know there's no plug and coily wire, but those are still unidentified.

I made styrene side plates based on my templates and they fit the Horton perfectly. I'll bet aluminum will fit even better. Keep your eyes on the junkyard. :D

EDIT:

I altered the second render to remove the washer.

I don't see any Enfield parts on the bowcaster.
The barrel has no taper and is likely just a piece of aluminum tubing. the black paint is well worn (doesn't look blued).
The front sight does vaguely resemble an Enfield No4 sight protector, but the shape isn't right.
This place has them for $1.95, but the pic clearly shows differences from the bowcaster piece:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Accessories.html
Another good pic here:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/RI1180-G.html

Maybe it's a front sight protector from another rifle?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back