The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

Has anyone used an epoxy resin to coat the pep and to leave as the finish or will it not hold up?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You can use epoxy resin by itself, but the pieces will be very prone to cracking depending on their shape and size. I've built a full armor suit with only resin reinforcement, but it was only used for display.

You can use epoxy resin by itself, but the pieces will be very prone to cracking depending on their shape and size. I've built a full armor suit with only resin reinforcement, but it was only used for display.

Thanks I think I'll stick to the tried and tested fiberglass and bondo then

Hey im new to pep and was wonder who is the best person to contact to make files for someone for pay? i need the helmet, shoulder and chest, then the big spikes on his shoulders that hold his cape, and the gauntlets please pm me so post here who i can contact for this and a best pic of his face:
KnightfallOrigins-613x1024.jpg
batman-arkham-origins-knightfall-pack-trailer-v677.jpg

Hey im new to pep and was wonder who is the best person to contact to make files for someone for pay? i need the helmet, shoulder and chest, then the big spikes on his shoulders that hold his cape, and the gauntlets please pm me so post here who i can contact for this and a best pic of his face...

Off the top of my head, I'd recommend Rundown (member here). His work's excellent, good prices, and his turnaround is pretty quick. You can find him in the member list.

Hey, I'm just wondering if your doing a foam build do you still fiberglass and bondo or is there a different way of finishing?

Hey, I'm just wondering if your doing a foam build do you still fiberglass and bondo or is there a different way of finishing?

It's not necessary to harden the foam, although it will make it more durable. Foam can be finished without hardening, but it will need to be sealed with PVA/Plastidip/ whatever method preferred.
Fiberglass resin will eat a lot of foams (or melt from the exothermic reaction). People have used Xrobot's method (google it for more info) with epoxy resin with very good results. As with anything, you'd want to test a small area (or find someone else has done it successfully) before proceeding on a full job.

Who is the best person to talk to after getting the files to tell you how to size and scale to fit you. What im asking who is the best person with pep who speaks fluent english that can talk me through it... helmets easy but i dont know how to size my gauntlets and my giant collar piece. thanks for any help guys!

Who is the best person to talk to after getting the files to tell you how to size and scale to fit you. What im asking who is the best person with pep who speaks fluent english that can talk me through it... helmets easy but i dont know how to size my gauntlets and my giant collar piece. thanks for any help guys!

Your best bet i to find threads where someone has built using the same files, and look at the scales they used. In a perfect world, you can find someone with measurements close to yours, and use their scaling information.
Now the likelihood of that happening is practically ZERO unless you are building an iron man suit, so then next up is the point-to-point measurement function in Pepakura. For a gauntlet, you can first determine your forearm measurement, and then use point-to-point in pepakura to adjust and scale the pep piece to a size that looks to fit. Point-to-point will also tell you the size of your openings (diameter-wise), to avoid problems in those measurements.
With foam builds, if you can get the length to work on a piece, adding in a slice of foam freehand to increase diameters is easy to do. This can also be done with paper peps, but it's a bit more challenging. 90% of the suits I've built have had parts modified after scaling to get them to fit properly.

Hey guys, can someone pls help me with this problem? it seems like some of the parts aren't on the paper...

Untitled.jpg
EDIT:nvm guys, downloaded the designer and seems that it works :)

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Im having some problems with printing.
When i have my settings to Vector Print, it wont print out any pieces, but when its set to Bitmap Print, it prints a whole black page.
Anybody know what i am doing wrong? other documents print out correctly and even other projects will print out clearly
Thanks,
Atmosph3r3

Hey guys,
Im having some problems with printing.
When i have my settings to Vector Print, it wont print out any pieces, but when its set to Bitmap Print, it prints a whole black page.
Anybody know what i am doing wrong? other documents print out correctly and even other projects will print out clearly
Thanks,
Atmosph3r3

Corrupted .PDO file can cause that. Best bet would be to try and find another copy of the file. Also, make sure your printer drivers are current.

It's my own file, could that have anything to do with it?

It's possible. If I were you, (and yes this is a bit of legwork) I would open the .PDO, extract the .OBJ, import the .OBJ into something like Blender, now export the .obj from Blender, and then reopen in Pepakura. You'll lose your original unfold, but it may fix your problem. I've had files corrupted by the settings in my modeling software, and by Pepakura itself because of structural problems in the model that Pepakura has problems reconciling. The export-import-export trick has worked like a 'cleaner' of sorts for me in the past, and the final .OBJ converted to .PDO and printed fine.

An afterthought, make sure you've got the newest version of Pepakura too :)

Hey guys I'm a big noob in pep but I was considering a free hand attempt at this beauty. So before I even pick up some tools I was wondering If anyone had any files for this beautiful spidey armor? Thank you very much in advance. :)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393869718.312568.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393869734.112277.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I've Pepped, resined and fiberglassed my mk42 IM helmet just wondering do I bondo inside as well as the outside or just the outside?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back