Subscribe
    From
    The TRON Grid
    Feb 1, 2017, 11:07 PM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1951

No idea if this has ever been asked before, But I have a Pepakura Question:

I want to export a TEXTURE IMAGE. I have a model, that has the UV Map ( or ''Material'', or whatever it's called) that Colors the 3d model, in Papakura Viewer.

I have already tried to find the Texture by its Name, with no luck.

I dont want to export the Model, nor the Vector Image of the Printed Pages. Just the Models Textures.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clip1.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	425.8 KB 
ID:	703402
  2. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Feb 3, 2017, 3:32 PM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1952

I just needed to ask before I buy the resin and fibreglass, how much (in ml if possible) resin you would use for a anh stormtrooper helmet and how much fibreglass matting? Thanks in advance.
  3. Member Since
    Feb 2017
    Feb 8, 2017, 3:50 AM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1953

so i fixed the problem on mine if you click set edge color and unclick hide nearly flat edges that will fix the problem
  4. Member Since
    Mar 2017
    Mar 27, 2017, 9:07 AM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1954

Alright so I'm working on a Red Ranger helmet for my husband using Pepakura and the first time I printed this thing out the number placement and such was a nightmare. I can handle a bunch of finicky parts when I can see why they're so finicky but around the mouth, I feel like there's a bunch of unnecessary spots where it really doesn't need to be that complicated. I'm using the Eye of Sauron red ranger helmet file (Of course I am. I legit can't find any others)

This is what I'm talking about

How would I go about simplifying some of the shapes around the mouth?
    From
    The TRON Grid
    Mar 28, 2017, 6:00 PM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1955

Kesra said: View Post
    How would I go about simplifying some of the shapes around the mouth?
    In Pepakura? You Cant. You need to open the model in a modelling program, to delete or merge vertices.
  6. Member Since
    Mar 2017
    Mar 28, 2017, 6:09 PM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1956

Syrus54 said: View Post
    In Pepakura? You Cant. You need to open the model in a modelling program, to delete or merge vertices.
    Ah poo. Alright. I'll suffer through then.
  7. Member Since
    Apr 2017
    May 24, 2017, 10:54 AM - Re: WHAT Is Pepakura, And How Do I Get Involved??? #1957

Use wineskin winery... a good .exe emulator, or you could give the pdo's to someone and have them converted for you.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, use wineskin
  8. Member Since
    Dec 2016
    Jun 4, 2017, 2:43 AM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1958

Is there a tutorial that will help me take an existing 3d model made by someone else and making a pdo of it to print easily. I've gotten this doom gauntlet before but idk where to go from here. Not sure if I needed to scale it prior to opening it in pepakura or what. I also know you need to use the open edge tool but Im not sure what parts you use it on.

Name:	ieigs5v.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	231.3 KB 
ID:	733775
  9. Member Since
    Mar 2017
    From
    Burnsville, NC
    Jun 13, 2017, 2:37 PM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1959

Coco2921 said: View Post
    Is there a tutorial that will help me take an existing 3d model made by someone else and making a pdo of it to print easily. I've gotten this doom gauntlet before but idk where to go from here. Not sure if I needed to scale it prior to opening it in pepakura or what. I also know you need to use the open edge tool but Im not sure what parts you use it on.

Name:	ieigs5v.png 
Size:	231.3 KB 
ID:	733775

I am also super interested in how to start unfolding 3D objects.
  10. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Jul 14, 2017, 11:17 AM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1960

Im new to pepakura and im trying to make a stormtrooper helmet. I finished the top of the helmet last night, but realized that the edges dont properly meet and match as i havent glued the pieces perfectly (see picture below).

Name:	DSC_0176.JPG 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	743938
    What would be the best way of fixing the displacement issue? Or do I need to start over?
    From
    Bay Area
    Jul 18, 2017, 3:09 AM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1961

HI everyone.
    Is there a pepakura request thread anymore?
    Im having a problem finding a pep file and need some help.
    Figured I'd start here.
    Robert
  12. Member Since
    Jun 2017
    Oct 2, 2017, 5:53 PM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1962

Seeing as how this was stickied at the top of the forum, I figured I'd ask here first and see if I can get an answer...

I have encountered this a few times, and while for my own projects it doesn't bother me as I know enough to cut where I should but I'm in process of creating a pep for the community here that hasn't been done, and understanding that some people are better at "figuring it out" than others, I want to correct as much of it as I can.

I unfold my object, and placement is a nightmare. Simple enough fix as EVERY unfold is a mess at first. However, as I join/disjoin faces and move pieces around for proper page placement, I notice a number of edges don't go from "point a to point b" as they should. Like, one end of the edge will start off where it should on a corner, then, at the other end, it runs at a different angle than it should and it leaves a gap. I've tried reopening the 3d image to normalize everything, and that doesn't fix it.

Is it something I'm doing wrong in the unfolding process, or something else? Any help would be appreciated. I've about exhausted all of the options I can think of.
  13. Member Since
    Oct 2017
    Oct 7, 2017, 3:03 PM - Printing trouble. Big black bars on every file I've tried #1963

Can anyone help? I'm an absolute beginner with pepakura, but have been googling and banging my head against the wall with this problem for the last two weeks. I scoured the internet, including this thread, but apparently no other pepakura user has ever had this issue. Lol.

When I attempt to print anything, these huge and obstructing horizontal black bars occlude the entire print preview, as well as the physical printed out copy. I haven't purchased the full version, as I'd like to make sure I can work the program. Things are not going well so far. Any help? Thanks in advance

Name:	pepakurabroken.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	280.6 KB 
ID:	764251
  14. Member Since
    Oct 2017
    Oct 8, 2017, 10:31 AM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1964

Hello, I'm new here. I found a clip in youtube how to make a pepakura Star Wars Stormtrooper helmet and really wanna try it. Never before to that so I'm learning for clips and articles. I download the file and now I have to print it I dont have a printer (I will buy one if I make this correctly and enjoy it.) So I got few questions:

1. I watcher different tutorials and on most of them the numbers must stay in the front of the helm?

2. What is the best easy to find glue?

3. What is the best easy to find paper? Must be A4 or the size doesnt metter just the tickness? I think that it will be easier to find somebody with A4 printer or to buy some. Can I do it on standard office paper?

4. What is the best source for pepakura ready to download free files? Specially Star Wars, movies and games related?

5. Is there any order that I need to follow? By pages or by parts?

6. I should cut on the line or next to it?

7. Is there anything else that I need to know or be careful at the beginning? I'm really new with the paperwork but I got some skills with the bondo and painting.

8. Approximately how much hours I will spend on that project?

9. Is there any non toxic good alternative on resine?

Here in the description is my file:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbX9masJfq0
    Last edited by Bokrael; Oct 8, 2017 at 4:16 PM.
  15. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    20 Hours Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 9:44 AM - Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST! #1965

Can anyone help me. Iam searching for dungbeetles ironman helmet v2 but all links are invalid. Do anyone have the file for me?