The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

Re: The PEPAKURA resource and tech question thread - GO HERE FIRST!

I've used double sided tape and it's a pain in the neck to cut them into tiny little pieces to fit on the tabs. I currently use the same gel glue Chuck recommends (btw, if you dremel the jacket of the bottle off after you can't squeeze the side buttons anymore, you'll find that the glue is still about half full!) The gel set fairly quick but does give you a little bit of wiggle time. Strangely the glue in the bottle doesn't set. I've left the cap off overnight by accident a few times.

I've also used foam glue which worked very well as it tacks pretty quick but it does have a habit of warping on small tabs since it IS a wet glue. I've heard issues with sanding super glue as it's harder than bondo, but it didn't seem that bad with the gel glue.

Re: WHAT Is Pepakura, And How Do I Get Involved???

I did a thread on this, but no one answered:

When I print, sometimes I get numbers only, no outlines. Other times I get a solid black sheet of paper. It's happened with several pep files. I re-downloaded pep viewer just to be sure it didn't have a bug. Any thoughts? It happens seemingly at random, without me touching any settings.

When I print, sometimes I get numbers only, no outlines. Other times I get a solid black sheet of paper. It's happened with several pep files. I re-downloaded pep viewer just to be sure it didn't have a bug. Any thoughts? It happens seemingly at random, without me touching any settings.

It's probably your printer, try toggling the options in print and paper between vector print and bitmap print.

I had this exact thing happen when I printed my IM bucket, I did exactly what was suggested and it worked like a charm.

Also some .pdo files have a texture on the faces. For instance, I had a Magneto helmet that was red and purple in color and when I printed it out, all of the pieces were colored cause I have a color printer.

There is a button at the top that says "set materials to faces" that toggles the color on and off. If you have a black and white printer, that might be why all the pieces are black.

When I am finished with the Iron Man helmet and I have the seperate pieces; neck, face, etc.. Do you I glue them together at the seams and then resin/fiberglass?

Sometimes when i print, half the pdo will print just fine then nothing but black pages print, i wind up having to print to pdf to finish the printing, which is a PITA when id like to use my robo, has anyone had the full page of black printing problem?

See my post above (82).

I burned through an ENTIRE EFFING INK CARTRIDGE trying to figure out this problem. What are you talking about print to PDF? I'm a computer know-nothing. The solution proposed above worked fine, but I also found that printing my pep files at work saved me a lot of aggravation :lol

Sometimes when i print, half the pdo will print just fine then nothing but black pages print, i wind up having to print to pdf to finish the printing, which is a PITA when id like to use my robo, has anyone had the full page of black printing problem?

question

hi i wonder if someone can help me to find a femmale chest of iron woman?
i will apreciatte and give you the credits.

Hi,
I am printing out the neck portion of the IM pepakura file and when I do I get this popup:

"The size of the paper specified by Pepakura Designer is not the same as Printer Setting. Adjust Scale?"

Do I say yes and have it go ahead and print? I am afraid if I do it will reduce the size to fit the paper and the size will be incorrect.

Likely because you are printing A sized paper vs 8.5x11 or vice versa, It will try to scale the printing to your paper size being larger or smaller, I think there is a setting to change the papersize of the model itself but i forgot where it is.

Go to File --> Print and Paper Settings. You'll be able to specify paper size, parameters for the fold lines, and a few other widgets in there.

A4 is larger than US letter size. If you have a model that was unfolded for A4, you'll almost certainly have to spend a little time rearranging parts in the 2D window so they all fit on Letter. Conversely, most Letter-developed models fit just fine when you change them to print on A4.

Play with the settings, and use some regular printer paper to get everything adjusted so you're not wasting that valuable card stock.

Here's a screen shot of my settings window:

settings.png

I know this is out there already, but I couldn't find it again:

If I wanted to seal a pepped piece so that it won't warp when painted, aqua-resined, whatever, what do I use? I want to make some things for my kids and let them help paint and assemble (we've been doing some really enjoyable father/son Iron Man and SW papercraft, though at 7 and 8 I have to do quite a bit of it). I can't see bothering with resin and all that for such a thing. Just seal the cardboard and paint. Any suggestions that I can grab at any old hardware store?

Regular old acrylic clear coat spray works pretty well. Just put it on in very light dusting coats to keep it from warping the paper and making the printer ink (if applicable) run. :)

I know this is out there already, but I couldn't find it again:

If I wanted to seal a pepped piece so that it won't warp when painted, aqua-resined, whatever, what do I use? I want to make some things for my kids and let them help paint and assemble (we've been doing some really enjoyable father/son Iron Man and SW papercraft, though at 7 and 8 I have to do quite a bit of it). I can't see bothering with resin and all that for such a thing. Just seal the cardboard and paint. Any suggestions that I can grab at any old hardware store?

An alternative to using fibreglass which is kid safe is to use wood glue and cheesecloth. You can brush on the outside with wood glue and then wood glue with the cheese cloth on the inside. It's safe and a great cheap way to add some strength and durability to the prop/costume piece.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back