The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

Re: The PEPAKURA resource and tech question thread - GO HERE FIRST!

Good to know

I am probable going to have someone create the mask in 3D for me once its done the mask sculpt is done as I don't have the knowledge nor time to learn as of yet, but just wanted to know how easy it was to symmetrically scale the mask. I was hoping it would be easy, I was afraid that the original 3D image would have to re-edited to make this possible to put back into PEP to have different symmetrical sizes.

-Tim

Can anyone make a Pepakura of the ghost recon future soldier gas mask?

As the title say I'll like to know if someone is going to make a Pepakura of the new Ghost Recon Future Soldier Gas Mask. I'm a airsoft player an I think it will be extremely cool to use a mask like that on the games.

4513408312_f4dd591860_o.jpg

MR-B Assault Rifle is a Fiction Bullpup Assault Rifle, 5.56 Uranium

ghost-recon-future-soldier-first-look-20100412054623239.jpg

smarty...opened post 11 by accident and was curious as to what is was...already knew it just didnt know it was called pepakura. :rolleyes

Ok, I've been doing a bunch of reading up on this, and I'm about to try it, but when I print off something that takes more than 1 page it doesn't print on a 2nd peice of paper. I did select the option for printing guides if the item went over a page.

Another question. I will be covering the paper with foam, not fiberglass. Is there a different resin I should use so it doesn't melt the expanding foam?

-Jeremiah

Evening fellas/fellets? i think this is my second post firstly i would like to say wow to the collective mind of information these forums have you guys are an inspiration.

Ok heres the question and if im in the wrong thread please move it and ill take verbal lashings.

Ok guys ive just started printing and folding some iron man files I have no idea who owns them but I know the helmet is dungbeetles wow quality work to the creators, Anyways ive hit a snag 110lb card is 15 euro for ten A4 sheets here in dublin (Ireland) I was wondering if any of you generous people know of a site that ships here and is a bit more moderatley priced cause I have a feeling im being ripped off here. Help me uber cool nerd folk of therpf your my only hope!!!

If this is posted in the wrong section apologies
And remember hit me up with any help or a point in the right direction about anything im all ears thanks guys and girls.

redbridge1 I use 130gm paper becausethat's the thickest my printer will handle, you should be able to find that in any office supplies shop reasonably cheap, that or an atrists store should point you in the right direction.

Ok, I've been doing a bunch of reading up on this, and I'm about to try it, but when I print off something that takes more than 1 page it doesn't print on a 2nd peice of paper. I did select the option for printing guides if the item went over a page.

The files (at least all the ones I've managed to find so far) should all be set up so that nothing hangs over the page edge, are you printing in portrait instead of landscape or something like that?

I will be covering the paper with foam, not fiberglass. Is there a different resin I should use so it doesn't melt the expanding foam?

If you look over at the video's Dung0Beetle did over at the 405th he used expanding foam on the inside so he didn't need to resin the paper and just put filler onto the surface of the paper after he detailed his helm a bit with a dremel, alternatively you could use a non toxic acrylic resin instead of fibreglass resin.

Here are a few questions for the experts:

I need to buy the $38 version of I want to resize the model ?

Do I need to know anything about .pdo files/models? (for a tech noob)

I would like to give this a try, but I am not the most computer savy.

The program is free but in able to save the file you have to pay for a licence. So for example you can import a 3D model for yourself, make it a pep file basically scale and all that stuff and print it out but you have to pay to save the file.

I have a question....

Couldn't the folks that create and/or unfold the pep files just create an additional piece that's simply a 'dummy' piece used as an easy scale tester?

I'm thinking that pep files for helmets, for example, could have a simple band that runs around the forehead level of the helmet wearer. This won't need to be ATTACHED to the armor geometry - it could be completely unconnected to the rest of the helmet... as long as it's where the user's head should be within the helmet.

If that piece was added to the pep helmet file, the user would only have to estimate his/her scale and then print out JUST this dummy piece. The user cut out the band and put it around his/her head. If it fits, the part is properly scaled... if it doesn't you need to adjust the scale by the amount you're off before printing all the rest of the pieces.

I know it means I bit of extra work for the pep file creators, but it seems INCREDIBLY useful for the end user for every little extra work for the file creators.

The modelers would just need to add one extra paper piece to their model (one that most easily would allow for checking the scale of the overall piece).

Suggested 'dummy scale-checking pieces' might be:
Hemlet = head circumference band
Gloves = palm width band
Boots = foot length band
Cod Piece = band around the waist
Arm Piece = Band that runs straight down from the shoulder to the elbow
Etc, etc, etc

Maybe some files already have this 'dummy' or 'scale-tester' piece, but none of the Ironman ones I've seen have, so I figured it was worth asking about.

Thanks,
Jon

Re: The PEPAKURA question thread - READ FIRST POST before posting!

I believe the 3D moddelers would have to do the band as the Pep Designer doesn't give you the options of adding anything to your file, I have seen a few tester helmets for Iron Man but they are very low poly versions of the full helmet.

Anyone got a free Tron Legacy Rinzler helmet file to share?

I read through and did a search, I couldn't find anything. Has anyone done a pep file for the Ven Zallow/Jedi Guardian armor from TOR?

Here's a reference for you.

ven-zallow-44610.jpg

Also from what I read, if I understand correctly you have to have the full version of the pepakura program to make your own designs am I right? I'm new here so please forgive any ignorance on my part.

vagabond answered this question a few posts up

Vagabond - "The program is free but in able to save the file you have to pay for a licence. So for example you can import a 3D model for yourself, make it a pep file basically scale and all that stuff and print it out but you have to pay to save the file."

vagabond answered this question a few posts up

Vagabond - "The program is free but in able to save the file you have to pay for a licence. So for example you can import a 3D model for yourself, make it a pep file basically scale and all that stuff and print it out but you have to pay to save the file."

Oh okay I misunderstood then, makes sense, I'm really excited about this, I've been lurking around here for a few weeks, and I started a Clone Wars styled back pack, that Ashoka carried, (simply because it was the easiest blasted project I could find) After I finish that I'm going to start on Jango Fett's jet pack. Which is considerably harder than the 31 piece project I'm currently on... Now if I can just pass my finals.... :lol

Thanks for clarifying Stealth I appreciate it!

Oh okay I misunderstood then, makes sense, I'm really excited about this, I've been lurking around here for a few weeks, and I started a Clone Wars styled back pack, that Ashoka carried, (simply because it was the easiest blasted project I could find) After I finish that I'm going to start on Jango Fett's jet pack. Which is considerably harder than the 31 piece project I'm currently on... Now if I can just pass my finals.... :lol

Thanks for clarifying Stealth I appreciate it!

np man, that project idea is incredible

i'm not much of a star wars fan but damn...is that costume ever epic from TOR...wow.

np man, that project idea is incredible

i'm not much of a star wars fan but damn...is that costume ever epic from TOR...wow.

Yeah I have custom Jedi/Mandalorian armor that I want to make, (it takes inspiration from Thor) I figured it might be easier to find an Old Republic armor project that other people might want too.

The jet pack I intend to turn into a back pack, that's probably going to be a family project lol!

Pep help please

Ok , I need help with Pepping. I have never done it before and to be honest i wouldn't know where to start. What software do i need and does it work for Mac? I get the folding part and i have done some resin work on the folded pieces for some friends but never myself.

the Plan is to do the Dr Who Cyberman. As some of you know we are building some NSD Daleks and i have one of the Cyberman voice changer helmets which i will start modding next week. I have seen some of the CM pep files and want to get started so any help would be great..

Many thanks.....Simon.

Re: Pep help please

There really isnt much option if youre on mac. The program is pepakura and its for pc. As for being on the mac you would need someone to put it in PDF format for you. If you need a file put into pdf, just pm me, i would be happy to do so...

I'm looking for a pep file for a domed cylinder, like the shape in the attached image.

Size doesn't matter as long as I can resize the file using pepakura designer.

Thanks.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back