new series V blaster??

Bad Wolf

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
did anyone catch the season finale of V?
there's seems to be a new V blaster pistol.
anyone have any screen grabs?
or better yet...anyone plan on building one?? :)

Got a fair few shots, but nothing that shows it completely yet.. I have actually sent a couple of emails to acouple of the prop guys trying to get images of different angles.. If I get them, I'll share.. But in the mean time here are some screenies..

V-Blaster-01.jpg

V-Blaster-02.jpg

V-Blaster-03.jpg

V-Blaster-04.jpg

V-Blaster-05.jpg

V-Blaster-06.jpg

V-Blaster-07.jpg

V-Blaster-08.jpg

V-Blaster-09.jpg

A really good shot that shows the reptilian scale look on the pistol..
V-Blaster-10.jpg

V-Blaster-11.jpg

V-Blaster-12.jpg

V-Blaster-13.jpg

V-Blaster-14.jpg

They are no where as good as the Originals, but have a pretty cool sleek design that shows of Vs style too.. When I first saw it I thought something along the line of a BSG version.. I will have one sometime, as they are putting a few things away for me.. But if I can get these pics I will share if I am allowed..

Last edited:
great shots, thanks!!
if you score a piece please post pics :)
i like this version more than the original. looks very alien :)

Just to separate it from the laser guns/blasters in the original series, I've taken to calling this weapon an "Immolation Gun", since that would be the best "in universe" description of what it does. :cool

At least they didn't go pathetic and try to represent the V weapon as a real world weapon like a FN pistol like some other lazy ass TV show.

I kind of dig the design and didn't notice the scale on the pistol, nice catch.

I found the finale a little boring though. And the 5th columnist, Joshua?, who blondie had to shoot at the end KNOWS the kind of technology the Vistors have. He would have KNOWN that they could just resurrect him. He should have had a Visitor weapon shoot him if he wanted to protect anyone. Lazy writing there.

actually it looks very Blade runner to me, I might take a hack at this peice, LOOKS simple enough. (I know, famous last words)...:lol

At least they didn't go pathetic and try to represent the V weapon as a real world weapon like a FN pistol like some other lazy ass TV show.

I kind of dig the design and didn't notice the scale on the pistol, nice catch.

I found the finale a little boring though. And the 5th columnist, Joshua?, who blondie had to shoot at the end KNOWS the kind of technology the Vistors have. He would have KNOWN that they could just resurrect him. He should have had a Visitor weapon shoot him if he wanted to protect anyone. Lazy writing there.
OR... it could be viewed as a subtle character moment. It just dawned on me today that a few episodes ago, Erica learned that the Visitors' internal organs are laid out in the reverse of ours, i.e. their heart is behind their RIGHT breast, not their left as with humans. And I'm remembering the placement of her shots as being into his left breast. So she INTENTIONALLY aimed where it had less of a chance of killing him... at least, if I'm remembering it correctly.

OR... it could be viewed as a subtle character moment. It just dawned on me today that a few episodes ago, Erica learned that the Visitors' internal organs are laid out in the reverse of ours, i.e. their heart is behind their RIGHT breast, not their left as with humans. And I'm remembering the placement of her shots as being into his left breast. So she INTENTIONALLY aimed where it had less of a chance of killing him... at least, if I'm remembering it correctly.

They were fatal, but it doesn't matter. There was still a body remaining, her slugs just caused fatal but not unreconstructable damage. Joshua knew they could resurrect him with their advanced technology, to protect the 5th column he needed to be shot by a Visitor's pistol which would have vaporized him and prevented any chance of him being resurrected and forced to betray the 5th column.

Ah yes, but he was resurrected by Marcus, who actually is ... can't tell you or I'd be killed.. Let's just say that he just isn't Fifth Column..

Ah yes, but he was resurrected by Marcus, who actually is ... can't tell you or I'd be killed.. Let's just say that he just isn't Fifth Column..
Since you seem to have some kind of "in" with the production team, you should pass word to them that they need to hurry the hell up and reveal what the Visitors are ACTUALLY up to! They're 13 hours into the modern version, and we STILL don't know what the damned lizards are here for! :angry:thumbsdown

Just to put that into perspective for you, in the 1980s, the original V was a 4-hour mini-series. V: The Final Battle was 6 hours, and then we had one season of V: The TV Series. So, 13 hours into the story, we were 3 episodes into the TV series! And a LOT more had happened, story-wise, than has happened 13 hours into the modern version. There was an economy of storytelling present in the original that's sorely lacking here. :unsure

Can't please everyone it seems.. A lot of fans are split with the speed.. Some are saying it's too fast, others saying it's too slow.. A lot will be revealed, including what the Vs actually look like in the first few episodes in Season Two..

A difference between them is the the Original was a sci - fi straight out, V: The New Series is a sci - fi drama..

Beechy McFly Re: new series V blaster??
Can't please everyone it seems.. A lot of fans are split with the speed.. Some are saying it's too fast, others saying it's too slow.. A lot will be revealed, including what the Vs actually look like in the first few episodes in Season Two..

A difference between them is the the Original was a sci - fi straight out, V: The New Series is a sci - fi drama..

The problem really is that everyone is scrambling to follow in BSG's (2009) new footsteps. The irony being that when you read the bible of the show(BSG) it's more about Ron Moore defining what he thought Trek should be. I guess it goes to show that no matter how many times you "riff" or "clone" a show, there will always be fans on both sides of the fence.
For my two cents worth - I liked the original movies, but the TV show was god awful. As soon as the kid was introduced it all went to hell. That's probably my biggest fear with this new version, they just can't stay with the totalitarian war, or the rebel's fighting back, they always have to create an arifical bridge with the merged kid of both species, that will only in the end become the reason for the V's to stop attacking and join with us. Again, my two (twenty) cents worth:lol

Here's a my rough side drawing, I'm looking for corrections and opinons, especially you Mr. Mcfly!:lol I want to know how far off I am before I start.

we dont even know what they fully like like as well
same with the baby

as for the pistol closest ive seen in stores that could build a mock up
is a water gun with major changes

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back