Ladies can be Iron Man too (everything but the shoulders, pg 35)

Re: Ladies can be Iron Man too (kinda pic heavy)

good to see your progressing well, I hope to start my bondoing this week as well. How did the glassing of the chin go? My hands are rather large and am having some difficulties :p

And with this last pic I'm gonna predict that this thread is gonna triple on size in the next 15 minutes. :lol

The helmet is taking shape. Keep at it!

good to see your progressing well, I hope to start my bondoing this week as well. How did the glassing of the chin go? My hands are rather large and am having some difficulties :p

It was a challenge, I have to admit. If I remember correctly I eventually gave up with the brush and used my fingers when it got to the chin; It was pretty blind work but I ended up getting it eventually that way :] you can do it!

And with this last pic I'm gonna predict that this thread is gonna triple on size in the next 15 minutes. :lol

The helmet is taking shape. Keep at it!

Looking good! Oh wait... Yeah, the helmet is looking good too! :angel

I have to say... you could pull off the ironette costume as well! :)

Seriously though is there any thing hotter than a slightly nerdy yet hot woman?

I don't think so! :$

In all seriousness, keep up the good work. You are getting there! I've really been wanting to try this as well and just keep putting it off. :sleep

yay your progress is moving quite nicely:), I might attempt something like this once the hype dies down and I get all of my costumes done for SDCC Especially the noir spidey :confused.

digging all the pics and hope to see more! :):)

ironmanprogo2.jpg

IRONMANPROGODEUCE-1.jpg

I'm loving the body work...and the bondo is coming along nicely too.

-Nick

PS: My bunk, I'll be in it.

I really feel compelled to buy DeWalt now for some reason!!:love

Any girl who can handle power tools is OK by me...Ok I am done now!:lol

James Kenobi should be stepping in in 3, 2, 1...

:lol

im diggin those tiger prints!!:love oh and great progress on your helmet! its slowly taking shape!!:love

At least your top matches the sander ;)

thanks for the tips you guys <3

uhhg it's been a long day of sanding and I don't really have a ton to show for it; I decided to do it part by part so I wouldn't get overwhelmed and gloop body filler everywhere but I still ended up using a TON of the stuff. Right now my primary focus is refining this darn edge..

oh and, like an idiot, I accidentally covered up the line where the faceplate meets the main body. :wacko it shouldn't be anything too difficult to fix though.

ironmanprogo2.jpg

on a related note, I just got my hands on a detail sander maybe two hours ago or so and man does it make it a lot easier! Funnily enough, now that I've dyed my hair, I seem to have an accidental color theme going on with DeWalt today...

IRONMANPROGODEUCE-1.jpg

sorry for shoddy pics, ect. these were taken on the fly D:

I can't believe I never thought of that! Well, I learn something new and neat every day.

glad to be of help. :$

and also, if people are interested, we only print the pep in plain paper and cut them and assemble them with scotch tape. :lol why? because after we build them we cut them again, this time by how we want them sectioned and then it's up to us how we build the file into what is needed - scaling included. very small, small parts are done free-hand according to references.

when i get the pics i'll post them.:angel

How are the ears, mine were so annoying, I cut them out and decided to scratch build them later. And watch out for the eyes, if you don't cut them out just right, then they 'fray' around all the edges and make it annoying. Finally, just wait till you put that helmet on and notice the total loss of depth perception. And of course: Excellent job so far, I went through 3 buckets before my rough came out that good.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back