Ladies can be Iron Man too (everything but the shoulders, pg 35)

Re: Ladies can be Iron Man too (kinda pic heavy)

and today i'm fiberglassing the inside. So far it's been the most difficult step...I can't seem to get it to lay against the inside as flushly as I would like.

I found brushing a layer of resin on the inside, then within the first half hour (before it had a chance to fully cure), lay a strip of fiberglass and soak it with resin. the pre-resin makes it a little sticky so it will hold the fiberglass cloth, and using small strips or square of fiberglass makes them easier to fit in the many nooks and crannies ..:)

Oh geez. You're here too, I just came from siwdat.com. :p Anyway, welcome here too!

This would be an interesting take on the subject:cool
The pepakura helmet already came out great. Keep up the good work;)

Great work! I think a female version of the Mark III would be amazing. Built to look just like the Stark version, but with proportions more like a woman.

Similiar to how a women's tee is cut different from a men's tee, in iron suit form. You'd be a big hit at any event if you stood out that way!

Either way, nice work!

This may be something I pursue in the future. I've always been a fan of the more slender looking builds..thanks for the comment!

Wow, I'm so jealous! I'm a girl too and would love to do something like that (I adore the Iron Man films), but I wouldn't even know where to begin. I don't really know what Pepakura is or how I'd do it and I haven't the faintest idea where to start with resins and stuff. Looks like I'm destined to sit and admire talented people from afar :lol
I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on!

You really should look into it and give it a go! :D it isn't very hard at all and it's pretty darn cheap. I'm sure you could do it.

I found brushing a layer of resin on the inside, then within the first half hour (before it had a chance to fully cure), lay a strip of fiberglass and soak it with resin. the pre-resin makes it a little sticky so it will hold the fiberglass cloth, and using small strips or square of fiberglass makes them easier to fit in the many nooks and crannies ..:)

thats a great tip, thanks a lot!

Oh geez. You're here too, I just came from siwdat.com. :p Anyway, welcome here too!
aaahaha yeah <3 i just read your comment on there. Thanks again

This would be an interesting take on the subject:cool
The pepakura helmet already came out great. Keep up the good work;)
thanks a bunch :]

You really should look into it and give it a go! :D it isn't very hard at all and it's pretty darn cheap. I'm sure you could do it.

Haha, maybe one day. I'm a bit of a costume novice. I can sew on patches and move pockets around but I've never done anything from scratch, so I'm going to try and master using a sewing machine before I move onto things like resin and fibreglass!

Really shows what can be done with paper, patience, and skills! Great job!

Ah another pep Ironman, very nice job so far. :thumbsup
Listen to Darthchiro, whatever he has to say about fiberglass work is going to be straight up great info. That's what he does all his molds out of. :cool
Looking forward to more progress pics.

Really shows what can be done with paper, patience, and skills! Great job!
hey thanks a ton :]]

Ah another pep Ironman, very nice job so far. :thumbsup
Listen to Darthchiro, whatever he has to say about fiberglass work is going to be straight up great info. That's what he does all his molds out of. :cool
Looking forward to more progress pics.
thank you!! It really means a lot coming from you,Finhead :lol you're sort of a costumeing idol in my books, your ironman work was what made me decide to take the plunge and do this project!

Really cool to see more girls get into building various armor suits and especially cool that you are just straight up doing Iron Man and not putting boobs on the armor LOL

Nothing wrong with fem-characters just cooler to me to see a kick butt build , have guys coming up and being all like, thats so cool, then you take the helmet off and you're a girl and it blows their minds :)

Ill be definitely keeping an eye on this thread:):), you are awesome at pep!!!! I wish I had the skills to do it. Keep up the awesome work and I look forward to seeing the progress:love

I'm not harassing anyone. I'm only being critical because I actually want to see finished products so that I can learn from them. End rant.

Dude party foul, first off dont assume the logistics of the thread and what you think they should be, if you want to be critical go make your own thread requesting help on your own build. This thread is all about Laamberry's Iron man build and progress, if your peeved at the amount of pep helmets thats your problem dont post on peoples thread raging about it.

Keep up the good work Laamberry and I cant wait to see the rest!!!!!

Last edited:

Really cool to see more girls get into building various armor suits and especially cool that you are just straight up doing Iron Man and not putting boobs on the armor LOL

Nothing wrong with fem-characters just cooler to me to see a kick butt build , have guys coming up and being all like, thats so cool, then you take the helmet off and you're a girl and it blows their minds :)
HAHAHA I never thought of it that way but I guess that is sort of cool <3 thanks for the comment

Dude party foul, first off dont assume the logistics of the thread and what you think they should be, if you want to be critical go make your own thread requesting help on your own build. This thread is all about Laamberry's Iron man build and progress, if your peeved at the amount of pep helmets thats your problem dont post on peoples thread raging about it.

Keep up the good work Laamberry and I cant wait to see the rest!!!!!

!!! you're the guy making the spiderman noir stuff right? I'm really interested in your thread, everything looks awesome so far. Thanks a lot for the help and kind words

so are you going to make the armor "fitted"? I think it will be alot more interesting that way.

I'm not harassing anyone. I'm only being critical because I actually want to see finished products so that I can learn from them. End rant.

One way to learn is to try your own hand at it. Complaining in someone else's thread will get you nowhere.

This should be awesome, your going to be the OG Ironwomen if you pull this one off!

Sweetness! Probably the first woman with an Iron Man suit I've ever seen! ^___^
I have that problem all the time with fiberglass, then I end up having spikey shards stabbing me in the face when I wear my helmets lol.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back