Sculpted Sub Zero Mask ( First time Sculpting)

Not bad as first sculpt, not bad at all. The only suggestion I have is to finish the main shape first (checking simmetry and even surfaces) and add the details later, as a final step.:)
So, make sure you have a symmetric mask with the basic proportions done before sculpting the details, when everything is done you should have a pretty good-looking mask:)

Not bad as first sculpt, not bad at all. The only suggestion I have is to finish the main shape first (checking simmetry and even surfaces) and add the details later, as a final step.:)
So, make sure you have a symmetric mask with the basic proportions done before sculpting the details, when everything is done you should have a pretty good-looking mask:)

Thanks for the help and advice!:) How do you get it as even and symmetrical as possible?

Draw up paper patterns, you can buy clay calipers at Michaels Arts & Crafts for measuring. Both of those helps for symmetry.

Then, you could use just a simple mirror, place it in the middle of the sculpt, do one side, then looking in the mirror try to match the other side like the reflection (I know I've not been clear at all, but I hope someone with a better way to explain this will chime in...:D)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back