"Star Trek TOS 365 Days" book in Sept./"Star Wars Visions"

Probe Droid

Master Member
A heads up for Trekkers that Abrams this September is releasing Star Trek The Original Show 365 Days. It will be an identical format to the Star Wars 365 and other titles in the series.

The SW book had great pix. This one has 365 pix (obviously).

Same publisher is also releaseing Star Wars Visions in November. Art inspired by SW. 120 illus. Looks cool.

PD,

Seeing as you get all the cool books :)

I hope you get to review a copy of "The Sounds of Star Wars".

51RBCsvGVWL._SS500_.jpg

Today I received this book and it's an interesting little book indeed. Strange size (about 6" high and 9" long but 2" thick) but a cool book. It's very heavy (seems like the weight of a phone book)!! Basically it devotes 2 or 3 pages to each episode sometimes with a summery of the episode; other times with some behind the scenes information. It also has the appropriate corresponding photos (which look grand). Mostly screen caps but there are many behind the scenes photos and some photos I have not seen before. Has some interesting tidbits like the doomsday machine was actually made by dipping a wind sock into concrete. The only bummer is that there are full page photos of the phaser 2, communicator and tricorder . . . . wait for it . . . . . yes, they are all fakes! Anyway well worth picking up.

Man from Naboo,

STAR TREK 365 is (thankfully) only about STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES, and has nothing what so ever to do with JJ's STAR TREK: THE NEW UNIVERSE.

The book is wonderful and I love my copy.

John

Screen grabs and some interesting behind the scenes info. If your insanely knowledgable about classic Trek, then you likely know all this information and have scene the pics. While I would not consider myself an expert on all things Trek, I am not a novice eigther.

I am happy that I picked it up, still fun to revisit this series that started it all, and that my father got me interested in so very long ago:)

I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I'm leaning towards getting it. Yes the vast majority of pics are screengrabs. High resolution frames from the remastered episodes though, so they hold up in print. In flipping through it I did notice one or two behind the scenes pics I don't recall seeing before, but they were not earth-shattering revelations. I have not even glanced at the text. :lol

Still, I am a sucker for the big dense photo-book presentation, and it would be nice to have it on my shelf just for flipping through and looking at. :)

The book I'm really looking forward to is this Haynes guide to the Starship Enterprise. Due september it says here.:)

imageuploadimageu.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back