" Hollywood Guns" The NRA Museum Exhibit

TymerDC

Sr Member
Hello Everyone!
The NRA Museum has just started a new temporary exhibit of "Hollywood Guns" that features more than 75 guns and other artifacts made famous in movies. Weapons on exhibit include :

*John Wayne's Winchester 1892 from "Stagecoach
*The Barret Model 82 from "The Hurt Locker"
*Browning water-cooled Model 1917A1 From the "Wild Bunch"
*Remington Model 11-87 which was cut down and suppressed used by Javier Bardem in "No Country for Old Men"
*GyroJet pistol used by Dean Martin as Matt Helm
*Modified Taurus in "Serenity"
*S&W 38 Spl. used in Pulp Fiction
*Remington-Keene in Clint Eastwood's "Joe Kidd"
*Christian Bale's Mannlicher-styled Mauser 8mm Sporter from "Public
Enemies"
*John Wayne's supressed MAC 10 used in "McQ"
* S&W X-Frame .500 S&W Mag. used by Samuel L. Jackson in "The Spirit"
*2 S&W 9mms used by Harvey Keitel in "Reservoir Dogs"
*Howdah cut down doubled barrel 12 GA shotgun in Sean Connery's "Untouchables"
*P.38 used by Scorpio in "Dirty Harry"
* Decaprio's PPK , Damon's SIG P228 and Nicholson's .380 Beretta from "The Departed"
* Tom Selleck's Shilo Sharps Rifle from "Quigley Down Under"
*Dirty Harry's .44 Magnum
*Bruce Willis' Beretta from "Diehard" which was also used by Mel Gibson in "Lethal Weapon
...and many many more.

Also included are costumes and supporting props. The Museum is located in Fairfax , Virginia and is running the exhibit through June 2011. Their website is www.nramuseum.org . Maybe we have some members living close enough to attend the exhibit who could post some pics?

Heres a video of the "No Country for Old Men" Silenced Remington Shotgun :http://nranews.com/#/news/VideoModule/CurCor%20Screen%20Killers%20Silenced%20Shotgun.xml

Last edited:
I’m glad you posted this, I just read about it American Rifleman yesterday. Man, how I wish I could go see this exhibit (especially the M1917 water cooled .30 cal used in “The Wild Bunch”) but I live on the other side of the country. I went to the NRA museum last July and they had a neat exhibit on western stuff which had plenty of western movie props and such, including a lot of John Wayne’s costumes and firearms. They have some other movie weapons on permanent exhibit, I remember Clint Eastwood’s “Dirty Harry” S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum, and oddly one of Mark Hamill’s “Star Wars” lightsabers. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images/va/VAFAInra_7926ks.jpg
I have photos of the museum around here somewhere (I must have taken hundreds of photos in there). If you like guns, the place will keep you speechless for hours. The place is pretty much between DC and the Dulles annex of the Air & Space Museum, so it’s not too far out of the way if you’re going between these locations.

At the current time no catalogue will be produced. I can assure you the presentation offered at the museum is top notch. I have been asked to contribute some of the firearms from my collection to be displayed in the collection temporarly however I decided to not send any items for display. If you would like to contribute a firearm for display please contact me directly to communicate your intentions and desires.

I think a lot of the items from this display were featured in the 'Reel Guns for Reel Heroes' catalogue that came out a few years ago. A lot of the items were from the collection of Mike Papac. Might be worth trying to get a copy of that if you're interested. I picked one up a couple of years ago and if you're into hollywood guns, it's a must have.

Simon

I think a lot of the items from this display were featured in the 'Reel Guns for Reel Heroes' catalogue that came out a few years ago. A lot of the items were from the collection of Mike Papac. Might be worth trying to get a copy of that if you're interested. I picked one up a couple of years ago and if you're into hollywood guns, it's a must have.

Simon
Thanks for that. I found a downloadable copy on this site, www.originalprop.com
It's a great read for anyone interested.

Hi all,

We loaned a number of pieces to this Exhibition including the collection of firearms from The Departed, the Ghost Rider shotgun, and Denzel Washington's pistol from American Gangster.

There will be an exhibition catalog produced for this, but it is probably still a few months from being released.

Regards,
Brandon Alinger
The Prop Store of London

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back