District 9 : Assault rifle

franz bolo

Sr Member
Just ordered mine!! :thumbsup

http://www.wetanz.com/assault-rifle-miniature

All the awesomeness of the District 9 alien weaponry captured in a 1/4 scale miniature.

The first gun presented to Wikus van der Merwe (by the MNU scientists) at the underground shooting range at MNU headquarters, the Assault rifle makes short work of the porcine kadaver strung up for target practice.

An exquisitely detailed replica of the gun used in Neill Blomkamp's District 9, designed by Dr Grordbort's designer Greg Broadmore and modelled on the actual props created by the artists and craftspeople at Weta Workshop.

Down to the oozing gunk at every coupling, this gun is detailed and battle worn as a piece of alien hardware would be after being traded by Nigerian gun runners since 1982.

Cast in solid white metal, the Assault rifle weighs in at 2.6lbs (1.2kg) and comes on a display stand.

This limited edition piece perfectly captures the ground breaking weapons design of District 9 and is the first in our range of District 9 Miniature Guns.

FB

Last edited:
Re: District 9 : Assault rifle - miniature

Very cool, but I think I'll stick with the full size one that my wife does not know I'm getting:lol

While this is very very cool, I was so looking forward to the full size one to go with the arc reactor I ordered. I hope they release a full size one in the future!

I expect this to be a very high quality miniature from Weta, but I would much prefer the full size replica!!

I really hope it gets made.

Very cool, even if not fullsize...

It's made of solid metal too, I just noticed. Weren't the originals were cast out of resin, so in a way these are more real than the real thing....but less film accurate :confused

Last edited:

While this is very very cool, I was so looking forward to the full size one to go with the arc reactor I ordered. I hope they release a full size one in the future!

Guys, I don't think anything has been canceled. I'm pretty sure the full-sized piece that many of us pre-ordered is still going to be a release in Q3 ( I HOPE so, otherwise they will be receiving a very nasty letter from me). I think that seeing as how the full-sized piece sold out so quickly this is an opportunity for others to still get the gun, though not 1/1.

Hopefully Weta will chime in and enlighten us.

They haven't offered a full size version of this gun, have they?!

The 2 full sized guns are not the same as this gun. This one hasn't been offered full size yet.

They are the Arc and Gas Guns. This is the Assault gun that Christopher used.

FB

The 2 full sized guns are not the same as this gun. This one hasn't been offered full size yet.

They are the Arc and Gas Guns. This is the Assault gun that Christopher used.

FB

Ahhhhhhh...you're right. I was getting this one mixed up with the Arc gun.
Nevermind. I'm an idiot.
Nothing to see here, folks.
Go on.

GO!

Hmm, estimated delivery on the first two full size weapons has been pushed back from Q2 to Q3.
So it begins...

Well that sure explains the preview on the postcards, mystery solved...although stoked, i am disappointed.

Disappointed as i thought it was going to be full 1:1 scale as the other two are, but also stoked, as i couldn't possibly justify ordering another at full scale prices, however at this, i can justify especially as there will be nothing to pay until Q4.

I'm thinking at an edition size of 750, and judging that the arc generator sold out in 4 days, this may sell out sooner than we think, as it's an affordable D9 replica - Pre-order soon kids, they won't be around for long!!

WHAT!?! I am sick and tired of buying stuff and having to wait months for it. Technically, not in this case, but cmon', either deliver when you say you will or make the things first and then put them up for sale.

On a related note, I'm going to Wonderfest this year. Last year was when the pulse rifle prototype was unveiled. That's a year and still no pulse rifle.

I, for one, am glad the 1:1 has been pushed back... it gives me more time to pay for it!

I hear there's lots of cool stuff coming up.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back